PDA

View Full Version : New Video Idea: I am you daughter, I am your son...

barcop
01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Haven't been posted on here in a long time, but still stop by frequently to read. First wanted to thank all the old and new supporters who helped Dr. Paul kick ass last night. It's amazing to see how far the revolution has come in just a few short years.

About me - I'm 39 and have a 17 year old daughter, and we both are huge Ron Paul supporters. My parents/her grand parents... not so much until last week. For years I have been trying to sell them on Ron Paul with no luck. Last week my daughter and I were visiting with them and a conversation about Ron Paul came up and of course my daughter and I were getting the usual negative responses. Until my daughter said something... "I am your granddaughter... he is your son. We know that you always have and always will do anything to try and make our lives better, so why do you ignore the one person that we know can make a difference in this country for our future. We know you have always done what you think is best not just for us, but for the country with your votes, but the country is still heading in the wrong direction and it's almost past the point of no return. You might not think Ron Paul is the right person for your future, but we know he is the best person to help ours. The voting choices you have made in the past and the ones you will make this year, have and will effect my life for decades to come. I am asking you not as a supporter of Ron Paul, but as your granddaughter to please trust in me and vote for my future."

My parents are now voting for Ron Paul. Not because the agree with him on everything, but because they realized that my daughter was right, and it is about her/my future and they would do anything for her and me.

Anyway... thought it might be a good idea for a video. Opening with a 30's guy saying "I am your son", 30's girl saying "I am your daughter", young girl saying "I am your granddaughter", young guy saying "I am your grandson"... and then whatever from there. Hit on the older voters with more of an emotional family connection than just about policies.

I don't have the talent or creativity to do it... thought someone might be interested in the concept though.

Cheers!

The One
01-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Nice one...and I don't say that very often.

Slobodan
01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm a marketing guy and like the idea because people can relate to it. Go for it and good luck. Post the video here so we can check it out.