PDA

View Full Version : Concentrated Internet Activism (CIA) - Twitter-bombing Palin for an Endorsement

Thomasjefferson69
01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Fellow supporters,

While phone from home to NH is certainly the most important thing a grassroots supporter can do now, I think that we should make a few highly concentrated efforts on the internet. One of these would be a concentrated tweet bomb that hits important figures--specifically, ones that could potentially bring an endorsement. I firmly believe that a few big name endorsements could bring us an enormous amount of momentum. Someone else suggested Sarah Palin. I agree. While the benefits of her endorsement are likely self-evident and need not be explained in depth, I will simply say that it would bring us a big chunk of the base--particularly among evangelicals. Particularly in South Carolina, this would be huge.

But the real reason that we should work on her lies in the real possibilities of success.

1. To my knowledge, she has never made any comments that could preclude her endorsement of Ron. In fact, she often has come out supporting him and specific elements of his platform. For these reasons, an endorsement--if one were to ignore her personal reasons--would fit in effectively with what she has said in the past.

2. Palin is in the political game for her own personal benefit. A strong case can be made that an endorsement for Paul will benefit her personally. For one, she will win the powerful loyalty of Ron Paul supporters. While she could lose some supporters from the endorsement, she will likely gain more than she loses. If my impression of the Palin supporter is accurate, then they support her rather blindly.

Palin will be punished by Fox, to be sure. But I think that, in the long run, she risks becoming increasingly irrelevant if she only acts as a commentator rather than someone active within the party.

On account of these reasons, I think that a 48-72 hour Twitter bomb should be started--assuming that the idea garners support on here.

If it does, the twitter bomb should be promoted through list serves, meet ups, and facebook. We should fix a date, and hit it hard the whole time.

Being that tweeting isn't time consuming, people can do pfh and the twitter bomb concurrently.

Thomasjefferson69
01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Bump.

sailingaway
01-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Because harassing people makes them love us? I don't think this is a good idea. Maybe after New Hampshire going into South Carolina, but not as a bombardment. Maybe Jim De Mint, too, but it will depend on what we can pull out in New Hampshire.

Now thanking her for her comments, is different.

walt
01-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Because harassing people makes them love us? I don't think this is a good idea. Maybe after New Hampshire going into South Carolina, but not as a bombardment. Maybe Jim De Mint, too, but it will depend on what we can pull out in New Hampshire.

Now thanking her for her comments, is different.

What sailingaway said.. +1