PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's position on Iran

extrmmxer
01-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm so sick of hearing Ron Paul wants Iran to get a nuke or he doesn't care if they get one.

Here's my simple response: Ron doesn't want anyone to get a nuke. The Soviets had nukes and we didn't go to war with them. Hypothically, Ron would support a war with Iran if congress legally declared war. Ron would then fight to win and get our troops home. He did support going after those responsible for 9/11. He will not go to war unconstutionally.

Sounds very simple and we've heard Paul say these things before but the media spins his words by saying he doesn't care if Iran gets a nuke.

Any other suggestions on how to frame Ron's position with Iran? Looking for something simple and straight foward.

BigByrd47119
01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Very simply they need an add that essentially just says what you just said. They paint him as a pacifist, which he isnt. He just doesnt want to be an aggressor and he doesnt want to start a war without congress giving a decleration...

Feeding the Abscess
01-04-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm so sick of hearing Ron Paul wants Iran to get a nuke or he doesn't care if they get one.

Here's my simple response: Ron doesn't want anyone to get a nuke. The Soviets had nukes and we didn't go to war with them. Hypothically, Ron would support a war with Iran if congress legally declared war. Ron would then fight to win and get our troops home. He will not go to war unconstutionally.

Sounds very simple and we've heard Paul say these things before but the media spins his words by saying he doesn't care if Iran gets a nuke.

Any other suggestions on how to frame Ron's position with Iran? Looking for something simple and straight foward.

There is a zero percent chance Ron Paul would go to Congress and ask for a declaration of war against Iran. So there's that.

extrmmxer
01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
There is a zero percent chance Ron Paul would go to Congress and ask for a declaration of war against Iran. So there's that.

Depending on the circumstances there's no doubt he would. Of course, he wouldn't be the aggressor

BigByrd47119
01-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Depending on the circumstances there's no doubt he would. Of course, he wouldn't be the aggressor

Thats the point and one I use to play off of with CCW permit holders. If the gang banger owns a gun do you shoot him and claim self defense? Of course not! Now, if he pulls it out and points it at you? Then hell yes you shoot his punk ass! Thats the whole point. Its all about self-defense. I find this argument works exceedingly well in the gun owning community.

extrmmxer
01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Thats the point and one I use to play off of with CCW permit holders. If the gang banger owns a gun do you shoot him and claim self defense? Of course not! Now, if he pulls it out and points it at you? Then hell yes you shoot his punk ass! Thats the whole point. Its all about self-defense. I find this argument works exceedingly well in the gun owning community.

Good point

unknown
01-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Thats a good point.

He's not saying that hes ok with "Iran getting a nuke", he just doesnt want to start another was based on the possibility that Iran might get a weapon. Much in the same way we were mislead about Iraq which resulted in 5,000 dead, 30,000 disabled and trillions in debt.

As a Veteran, he actually cares about American lives and will try to avoid unnecessary wars.

Nor is he a dove, he supported our involvement in WWII. He simply wants us to 1) declare war 2) fight it 3) win it 4) come home.

extrmmxer
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm going to add: He supported going after those responsible for 9/11.

Bama Boy
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Really wish he would come out strong against those charges from Newt and Santorum that hi is "ok with them getting a bomb".