PDA

View Full Version : From CNBC's John Harwood: Ron Paul Will Have A Hard Time Winning Anything

bjpolyamorous
11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/19293283

He quotes a new poll citing that it's time for Paul's supporters to face the music, despite our incredible fundraising activities over the past week.

flahavin
11-09-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.flahavin.com/2007/11/09/john-harwood-of-cnbc-questions-ron-pauls-chances/

Hopefully they actually read it and respond, but i have a better chance to become president.

Mrossca
11-09-2007, 04:58 PM
My email to him:

John,
Please stop writing these drama filled posts about Ron Paul. We all know you're just doing it now to invoke more page views to your web page!!! What a soap opera =) I am betting on Ron Paul and am backing him with my wallet.

Question_Authority
11-10-2007, 10:09 AM
My email to him: (this is quickly becoming my standard reply to any media-jerk who marginalizes Paul due to poll numbers.)

Subject: Am I smarter than you, John?

Is it possible that I, a humble property manager in a sleepy NH town, know more about poll dynamics than you, John Harwood?

Why is Ron Paul so low in the polls?

1. Most pollsters are calling "likely Republican voters" which generally means “Republicans who voted in the last presidential election”. Most of those Republicans voted for Bush, right? Those people (read: neo-cons) are now responding favorably to similar politicians like Giuliani, Romney and McCain, even Huckabee.

2. But who is NOT BEING INCLUDED in the polls, John?
a. People who did not vote at all last election, like new voters aged 18-21 and people who have never voted due to apathy or disgust. This is a big core of RP Supporters.
b. Independents: This is a big core of RP Supporters.
c. Republicans who did not vote in the last election because they were disgusted with Bush
d. Democrats who switched to Republican to vote for RP!
e. Libertarians and other 3rd party members.
f. People who do not own landline phones! College students, and in fact a good majority of people under 30, do not even own a landline! Pollsters never call cellphones. Young people make up a large proportion of RP supporters.

Also, here is evidence that some polls do not even INCLUDE Ron Paul’s name in the poll question!

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/client/act_dsp_pdf.cfm?name=mr071108-2topline1.pdf&id=3711

Ron Paul is a candidate generating support amongst a broad cross-section of supporters, and the “traditional media poll” is not equipped to measure it, or chooses not to.

What I resent is that the media are attempting to actually create reality.

1. They promote some candidates relentlessly. Those candidates magically rise to the top of the polls!

2. They ignore other candidates. And those candidates magically stay at the bottom!

3. Then they say “so-and-so will never be elected because he is not getting enough attention”…and they say this with a straight face! As if they had nothing to do with it!

John, I respectfully ask that you and your colleagues stop attempting to determine the “viable” candidates and look beyond your little polls. THINK, INVESTIGATE, then report the facts.