PDA

View Full Version : Jon Huntsman Really not liking this

Mrs.Joe
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
hxxp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/ron-paul-jon-huntsman-twitter-iowa-caucus-2012_n_1182452.html?1325647370&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

I have seen a ton of messages saying how uncalled for this is, and frankly I agree.

trey4sports
can you post the tweet?

UtahApocalypse
someone needs to be fired.

schiffheadbaby
01-04-2012, 09:29 AM
huntsman is an elitist snob who has implied ron paul is racist. he deserves this tweet

anewvoice
Huntsman called Iowa corn pickers, if he's pissed off about it, poor baby. However, it should not be sent from @RonPaul without his knowing, especially now

kylejack
can you post the tweet?
https://twitter.com/#!/RonPaul/status/154383017786351616

specsaregood
01-04-2012, 09:31 AM
get over it. oh no, he made a snarky tweet! the world is ending!

bluesc
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Huntsman's ads were way out of line. The only difference is that I've never seen a candidate that the entire establishment loves as much as Huntsman.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2012, 09:34 AM
someone needs to be fired.
Someone needs to make sure they have all the information, before they start calling for someone else's head.

eok321
01-04-2012, 09:34 AM
huntsman is an elitist snob who has implied ron paul is racist. he deserves this tweet

Agreed. This is not news.

FFS...Santorum calls Ron disgusting and gets a free pass.

I hope Ron comes out swinging hard at everybody this week with stuff alot harsher than this trivial BS.

pauladin
01-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Did you guys read Huntsman's spokesperson reply? Something along the lines of "Yeah well Ron Paul has said MLK is a pedophile".

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Huntsman keeps stating Ron is unelectable... when it's Huntsman thats unelectable

Bit HUNTSMAN will be the next distractionm another hurdle that we have to jump over.

matt0611
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh stop whining you baby, are we spared NOTHING?!?

specsaregood
01-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Someone needs to make sure they have all the information, before they start calling for someone else's head.
true that ^.

How do you cancel an account?
I want to cancel my account where can that be done??

LibertyEagle
01-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Did you guys see some of the things that the other candidates had been telling Iowa voters about Paul that last day? One was claiming Paul would dismantle the military and even pull the ships out of the water. Bachmann was claiming that Paul would let a nuke go off and kill millions of Americans, etc. I mean, the flat out fear-mongering lies that were being told.

It went beyond the pale.

specsaregood
01-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Did you guys see some of the things that the other candidates had been telling Iowa voters about Paul that last day? One was claiming Paul would dismantle the military and even pull the ships out of the water. Bachmann was claiming that Paul would let a nuke go off and kill millions of Americans, etc. I mean, the flat out fear-mongering lies that were being told.

It went beyond the pale.

yup, and bachmann sending her surrogates around telling everybody that Paul is pro-choice.

Kords21
01-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Loved Huntsman's strong last place finish in Iowa. Looking forward to see how he does in the Virgina primary, oh wait, he's not on the ballot. This tweet thing is really a non-issue and why it's seeing any press is just as mystifying as Santorum's surge.

Mrs.Joe
01-04-2012, 09:48 AM
The fact of the matter is, Ron Paul is not a media doll. ANYTHING he or his campaign says that is even the least bit snarky will be picked up and spread faster than you anyone else. This looks bad and its very childish sounding coming from him/his campaign. Did Huntsman deserve it? Absolutely. Did it make me laugh just a little bit. Of course. But the reality is this looks horrible on him.

Dianne
01-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Paul was hit with this by CNN this morning, and you could tell he didn't know anything about it.

Feeding the Abscess
01-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Paul was hit with this by CNN this morning, and you could tell he didn't know anything about it.

He also said as much.

NoPants
01-04-2012, 10:40 AM

It went beyond the pale.

I thought the tweet was funny :)

Regarding the attacks, you're right. They went after him hard and no doubt it hurt but even with EVERYONE attacking (spreading lies about) Ron Paul he still produced a 3rd place finish within 2% of first! This is incredible. Even better is that most of the MSM attacks were done nationally so it makes the newsletters and such "old news" so when they start finding out about Ron's voting record, principals, consistency, etc. as he comes to their state it will be with the "old news" already out in the open. It can't be used to hurt him again because they're already heard it. This is going to be a tight race but we really have a strong campaign and we can win. I'm so excited right now I can't get any work done.

MJU1983
01-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Huntsman deserves it. As to the potential blowback from the tweet, probably minimal.

NoPants
01-04-2012, 10:46 AM

It might be funny for Rand to step forward and claim credit. I think it's funny and is explained as, "My son was angry about Huntsman taking jabs at me and thought he deserved a taste of his own medicine. I think it's pretty funny, don't you?" Who's going to go after a response like that? That's only if it's true, but I could see Rand doing something like that if he was ticked off. I would defend my dad from John Huntsman too. :)

RonPaulFanInGA
01-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Oh Lord, stop fretting over every minor thing. This is nothing. The tweet was funny, and Huntsman did have one Iowa supporter according to an old PPP poll of that state.

But did you notice: someone wrote and sent out a negative thing under Paul's name, that wasn't him. Is Ron Paul's Twitter account operated by the newsletter author? :eek: Or maybe it was Collins. :rolleyes:

idiom
01-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Still haven't got our publishing latched down?

Gotta stop leaving the (virtual) keys to the (virtual) printing press laying around.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I thought the tweet was funny :)

Regarding the attacks, you're right. They went after him hard and no doubt it hurt but even with EVERYONE attacking (spreading lies about) Ron Paul he still produced a 3rd place finish within 2% of first! This is incredible. Even better is that most of the MSM attacks were done nationally so it makes the newsletters and such "old news" so when they start finding out about Ron's voting record, principals, consistency, etc. as he comes to their state it will be with the "old news" already out in the open. It can't be used to hurt him again because they're already heard it. This is going to be a tight race but we really have a strong campaign and we can win. I'm so excited right now I can't get any work done.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, I was majorly bummed out, but I'm getting over it now. Frankly, they threw everything but the kitchen sink at Paul and lied out their you know whats and he still came in a close 3rd. Pretty amazing, actually.

I do think the campaign, mostly Ron, needs to adjust a couple of things very quickly, but we are very much still in this thing.

pauladin
01-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Lol Huntsman campaign already out with a video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ZViL2DCpk

idiom
01-04-2012, 11:11 AM
This is poor message control. Ship has to get tighter.

If they want to be snarky be on message at least.

But snarky does not become RP.

First half of the twitter password needs to be changed to "W0u1dR0nP@ulTw33tTh!s?"

BuddyRey
01-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Huntsman can go pound sand for all I care.

gaazn
01-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Huntsman will be out in about a week.

Valli6
01-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Huntsman will be out in about a week.
I'm thinking he's laying the groundwork for a VP slot.

goldpants
01-04-2012, 11:39 AM
The fact of the matter is, Ron Paul is not a media doll. ANYTHING he or his campaign says that is even the least bit snarky will be picked up and spread faster than you anyone else. This looks bad and its very childish sounding coming from him/his campaign. Did Huntsman deserve it? Absolutely. Did it make me laugh just a little bit. Of course. But the reality is this looks horrible on him.

The media's distortion of Ron Paul gets to you that much, you may want to refocus your disgust and anger at them. Ron Paul sending tweets..........I mean really. So silly

Mrs.Joe
01-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Yes, it gets to me...because the people that don't know about him...and yes there are some.. most will not find that funny and think that it is an immature response to a guys poor outcome in a poll. It is below Paul and it just looks bad. And we need every vote we can get instead of thinking its funny every time his campaign takes a jab at someone. Yes, the entire media disgusts me...but the thing is most people take it as gospel. Because so many are of the mindset "well, its on the news it must be true" which is what killed us last election cycle. I can be pissed at the media, which I am on a daily basis, and I can also be pissed that someone thought it was hilarious to take an elementary school jab at a guy that just pulled in low numbers. Ron Paul is more mature than that and that needs to come across but its hard when so many people want and do post things in his name.

fatjohn
01-04-2012, 11:49 AM
CNN was debating this this morning. Ron Paul denied he knew about the tweet and the pundits said that this revokes memories of the newsletters. They also mocked him and wondered if Ron Paul had ever heard of twitter.

Feeding the Abscess
01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
CNN was debating this this morning. Ron Paul denied he knew about the tweet and the pundits said that this revokes memories of the newsletters. They also mocked him and wondered if Ron Paul had ever heard of twitter.

Thanks, Official Campaign!

kylejack
01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
They're right that it's the same theme: People writing in Ron Paul's name, Ron Paul doesn't know what they're writing. They need to tell him if they're going to be pulling crap like this so he doesn't walk into interviews looking like he doesn't know what's going on.

jsem
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Man, this is the PERFECT parallel to the newsletters. Kind of the exact same scenario.

The Goat
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Man, this is the PERFECT parallel to the newsletters. Kind of the exact same scenario.

I was thinking the same thing.

fearthereaperx
01-04-2012, 12:34 PM
ahh who cares. total non-story!

teacherone
01-04-2012, 12:37 PM
i think someone on this board is responsible for the campaign's social networking.

doug wead called him the "Our own positive tweet master."

braane
01-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't understand why anyone would be naive enough to tweet that. I mean really? Huntsman is irrelevant. No one cares about Huntsman! So why risk making the campaign look bad by attacking an irrelevant player?

kylejack
01-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't understand why anyone would be naive enough to tweet that. I mean really? Huntsman is irrelevant. No one cares about Huntsman! So why risk making the campaign look bad by attacking an irrelevant player?
Breaks the important "never punch down" rule. A candidate on top or near the top should just lead with confidence, not take potshots on candidates that are on their way out.

Havax
01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
This is bad only because it gives further evidence of "bad management" of things going out in his name (aka Newsletters)

anewvoice
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
What is bad is that whichever tool tweeted that didn't give Ron a heads up this morning so he got blindsided, that is enough to be removed for, not the tweet itself.

kylejack
01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
It's not even a good tweet. If you want to bodyslam a guy, bodyslam on policy, like they did against Newt with Serial Hypocrisy.

Matt Collins
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Or maybe it was Collins. :rolleyes:Nope, wasn't me.

MJU1983
01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Lol Huntsman campaign already out with a video about it.

Ron's response was good. :)

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
huntsman is just lookin for desperate attention..but some idiot tweeted that under Rons name. We should find out who did it.

pauliticalfan
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
This could actually work in our favor. Ron clearly didn't write the tweet, probably doesn't even use Twitter, and people believe this. This is a current instance of something going out under Ron's name that he didn't write. It makes it that much more plausible for people to see how that newsletter crap went out under his name as well, but that he's not a racist. You can't control every single thing that goes out under your name, especially when you're a national figure like Ron Paul.

gmc1988
01-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Huntsman is PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farreri
01-04-2012, 10:23 PM
I thought the tweet was fricken hilarious!

Liberty Shark
01-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Complete overreaction. Who really cares? Huntsman was getting to be annoying.

unknown
01-05-2012, 12:09 AM
To treat this as a big deal is insane.

That having been said, the comment itself isnt even witty, kind of childish.

rambone
01-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Nice job making Ron Paul look bad on TV. :mad:

RickyJ
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Hunstman is a joke candidate that has been calling Ron Paul a racist. It was immature for the campaign to send the tweet, but even Ron Paul laughed about it. No big deal really.