PDA

View Full Version : Media's gonna push Huntsman in NH to try for a 2nd place finish

AlexAmore
01-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Just like with Frothy they'll do it again. Just need to be prepared and discredit Huntsman before it's too late.

If anyone has any short catchy sign ideas or anything, I plan on making some here in NH. I'm totally broke so it will be on white cardboard you see at arts and crafts places with marker most likely.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I believe the campaign needs to use small cheap ads like huntsman did on us. This way we can appropriate proper funding towards other area's.

I have thought about this. These second-tier candidates are just tools that can be used against us.

Paulitics 2011
01-04-2012, 08:35 AM
We need to air attack ads EVEN if he is not the frontrunner

agorist ninja
01-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Huntsman kicked off his campaign with a party at a Rothschild estate. Not sure how Andrew Sullivan reckons that Huntsman is any different -- at least on the major, substantive, society-defining issues -- from the rest of the establishment.

RonPaul101.com
01-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I agree, Santorum is no threat in NH, but the media will likely try the same last minute blitz with Huntsman as they did with Santorum.

I'm sure fluffing huntsman is the strategy.

pauladin
This is so predictable. Expect to hear in a couple days the pundits start yammering "But what about JON HUNTSMAN. Look at this new CNN poll with Huntsman surging only 2% behind Ron Paul blah blah blah"

Steve-in-NY
01-04-2012, 09:43 AM
I agree. Santorum will be taken down, Huntsman will be pumped, and after that I wont be surprised to see another Newt surge.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Hurdle #3 Huntsman

Hurdle #1 Bachmann gone
Hurdle #2 Perry BACK IN... just announced, damit, bachmann withdrew too quickly

sailingaway
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I think Huntsman has hurt himself with those petty ads against Ron. My understanding, although I might not have the latest information, is that RevPak is running compassion in New Hampshire -- we have to get that funded so it runs in SC and NV as well, I think the smears depressed turnout last night of kids who are super image conscious. Also, if the campaign doesn't intend to add 'without cutting social security, medicare or veterans benefits' to its ad touting cutting a trillion, and terrifying seniors who have been told the only way to do that is to gut senior entitlements, that is something we need to get out big time one way or another. Even flyers for volunteers to spread around at senior centers is better than nothing.

tbone717
01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
The difference this time though is that we are ready for it. I think the Santorum push came out of nowhere and surprised us. We doubted it's validity until last night.

Johnnybags
01-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Yep, the Huntsman surge is on, Dick Morris will be selling it soon, CNN reaffirming it and then Hunstman will tell his followers to vote Romney. The good thing though is Romney will never be Pres because we own a massive voting block, 4 more Obama and then Rand. I'd rather that than 8 Romney.

freeforall
01-04-2012, 10:04 AM
After talking to some people about Ron Paul, I think we should not discount the fact that a lot of people avoid the hard issues and focus on easy to understand issues like gay rights and abortion. The perception that I encountered is his ideas are great, but the world is not perfect so they can't work. People don't seem to see a benefit in moving towards states rights or how we can go from where we are to how he says things should be. I think it could help a lot if his message was more clear and compelling on the emotional issues either from the campaign itself, or from us. I know I am digging deeper into his positions to try and be more persuasive.

blazeKing
01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Yep, the Huntsman surge is on, Dick Morris will be selling it soon, CNN reaffirming it and then Hunstman will tell his followers to vote Romney. The good thing though is Romney will never be Pres because we own a massive voting block, 4 more Obama and then Rand. I'd rather that than 8 Romney.

Yup, 4 more of Obama then Rand ...8 Romney is neocon torture

cdc482
01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Huntsman and santorum have a lot in common: no national organization, no fundraising ability (200k) and hanging in out of spite

sailingaway
01-04-2012, 10:24 AM

The banks don't care. They are behind Obama, Romney AND Huntsman. Look at their donors, back when it was thought Huntsman could have traction. Now he is getting a toe hold for 2016.

lib3rtarian
01-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Huntsman and santorum have a lot in common: no national organization, no fundraising ability (200k) and hanging in out of spite
Media was pushing Santorum not to make him the nominee. They wanted to push him into between us and Romney and they succeeded hands down. Now they will do the same to Huntsman and force us to be in the 3rd place in NH too. Just wait and watch and weep.

Duckman
01-04-2012, 10:30 AM
RP must get 2nd in NH, then win SC and NV to be in a good position for Super Tuesday.

RedLightning
01-04-2012, 10:33 AM
RP must get 2nd in NH, then win SC and NV to be in a good position for Super Tuesday.
By 2nd, he needs a very close second.

Duckman
01-04-2012, 10:43 AM
By 2nd, he needs a very close second.

I disagree somewhat- just a clear 2nd which is far above 3rd but doesn't really have to approach the 40% Mitt will get by virtue of having been gov of Mass.

But we MUST win SC and NV to be seen as the most powerful anti-Romney by Super Tuesday.

vita3
01-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I agree w/ thread title

Can't wait to watch the media push the Hunstman button.

Lord Xar
01-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Media was pushing Santorum not to make him the nominee. They wanted to push him into between us and Romney and they succeeded hands down. Now they will do the same to Huntsman and force us to be in the 3rd place in NH too. Just wait and watch and weep.

The push might not be that great. Frothy had to rush levin hannity And many fox Commentators pushing him... I don't believe their swaying in new hampshire is as great. I believe c n n is working in collusion with fox.

vechorik
01-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I've made thousands of "calls from home" and the NH survey is a bit different in that it asks for 1st and 2nd choice for the nominee.
MOST answer Romney first, then Paul -- yes, in NH. I was surprised at that.
I got more Huntsman replies from IA than I have from NH

NH needs lots of work, but I see a great opportunity to bring up Dr. Paul's % GREATLY!

"Phone from home" identifies them, then the campaign takes over -- help with the calls would be great -- it would be nice to get NH covered so we can concentrate elsewhere. The phone surveys always work best when we're early (first ones to call). That's why it's so easy to get surveys at night with NV.

NoPants
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I've made thousands of "calls from home" and the NH survey is a bit different in that it asks for 1st and 2nd choice for the nominee.
MOST answer Romney first, then Paul -- yes, in NH. I was surprised at that.
I got more Huntsman replies from IA than I have from NH

NH needs lots of work, but I see a great opportunity to bring up Dr. Paul's % GREATLY!

"Phone from home" identifies them, then the campaign takes over -- help with the calls would be great -- it would be nice to get NH covered so we can concentrate elsewhere. The phone surveys always work best when we're early (first ones to call). That's why it's so easy to get surveys at night with NV.

I was actually thinking about this a little today and my guess is Romney will be getting hit hard (has the most to lose) in NH and that could be great news for us. We don't have as much of the vote right now and typically our support is pretty solid. It makes attacking us a waste of resources for other campaigns (MSM is the exception) so you will be seeing Huntsman, Gingrich and Ron Paul all hitting him hard. He's not going to be hitting back much. This 6 day turnaround makes for an incredible opportunity to steal a lot of votes and make it a much closer finish. We can virtually guarantee that Romney is going to get attacked by virtually everyone else and that's great news for us.

limequat
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Check the latest suffolk poll. Santorum is 6 and Huntsman is 7. With Santorum's momementum and Iowa (near) win, he will outpace Huntsman for 3rd. We don't have to worry about Huntsman.

rich34
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I think this will be a little bit more difficult than Iowa. Out there you just had to unite the social conservatives. NH will be different and I would think Huntman would take away from Romney.

01-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Check the latest suffolk poll. Santorum is 6 and Huntsman is 7. With Santorum's momementum and Iowa (near) win, he will outpace Huntsman for 3rd. We don't have to worry about Huntsman.

NH and New England in general is nothing at all like IA at all. There aren't socons. Huntsman is appealing there, frothy will be reviled. I have spent considerable time in New England, I'm not collectivizing, just noting popular sentiment.

Huck won IA and got stopped dead in NH in 08, same will happen here.

devil21
01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
They'd have to get on the ball if they're going to try this. NH is less than a week away! Several days will be "wasted" just covering Iowa results and impact so the MSM would have only a few days to get Huntsman that big bump to come in second, RP third.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
They'd have to get on the ball if they're going to try this. NH is less than a week away! Several days will be "wasted" just covering Iowa results and impact so the MSM would have only a few days to get Huntsman that big bump to come in second, RP third.YEAP

5 1/4 Days Left... Romney, Huntsman, Gingrich, Santorum all in NH campaigning/townhalls. Even whacky McCain is there.

2008 Results
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/New_Hampshire_GOP_Results_2008.png

JTforRP
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
This is absolutely what is happening. We need to fight back valiantly all week.

torchbearer
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm sure fluffing huntsman is the strategy.

+1 for verb fluffing.
imagine hannity fluffing huntsman.

01-04-2012, 05:05 PM
+1 for verb fluffing.

That was the intended mental image. :D

Maybe it'll motivate some of us to stop this from happening again.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Huntsman surged in Iowa with 1 vote

beardedlinen
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
+1 for verb fluffing.

I think CNN is more likely to do something like that.

Anywho, what exactly is the game plan? The campaign has direct mail, commercial buys, etc. We have PFH, RevPac, The Super Brochure. What exactly can we do to play down Huntsman?

The upcoming debate better be an extraordinary one for Paul.

Joe3113
01-04-2012, 05:45 PM
bump for the truthiness of this.

Gotta hit Huntsman.