PDA

View Full Version : How do We Win Overthe Perry & Bachmann Supporters?

samsung1
01-04-2012, 08:03 AM
If they all go over to frothy santorum then it won't be good at all

european
01-04-2012, 08:04 AM
1. Be nice to them
2. Ask what is important for each individual
3. Show them what Paul has in store for them
;)

AlexAmore
01-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Dumb down our message:

Ron Good. Santorum Bad.

georgiaboy
01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
The tea party angle should be the easiest road to them; in other words, their pocketbooks.

Ron is the only candidate proposing real cuts. Period. If you are a hater of bailouts, deficits, explosive growth of fedgov, stimulus, etc., then Ron Paul's your only real choice.

He's also the only candidate serious about returning us to a sound, stable money supply that will empower everyday citizens to safeguard their financial futures and stop the inflation that penalizes the prudent.

All the other issues relate directly to this one. Ron will make these cuts while continuing to support SS and Medicare/Medicaid benefits for those who are already dependent on them, and continuing to maintain the largest military in the world.

RonPaul101.com
01-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Tea Party Tea Party Tea Party. Bachmann, Cain, and Perry were the ones taking that representation and they might all be gone soon so we need to take it back before someone else does. The only one who I can remotely imagine being Tea Party's next one is Santorum, so we need to flat out advertise that we are the Tea Party Conservative with staying power before Santorum gets enough money to do so.

Created4
01-04-2012, 08:43 AM
They need someone in military uniform at every campaign stop from here on out, articulating the message that Ron Paul's views towards national security are correct.

newbitech
01-04-2012, 09:01 AM
All these candidates are selling WAR which is out of the price range of most people. Ron Paul is selling Liberty at the cost of personal accountability.

Liberty is something that when all of us share and defend, creates a country that is based on Liberty. This means that any other country that would want to limit the Liberty of our country in an unjust way will be held accountable. War will only come when another country violates our Liberty.

Terrorist's are not countries. Terrorist groups are not countries. Terrorist organizations are not countries. War is a political action. War cannot be declared on any entity that has no political motive. If these terrorists are really trying to kill American's because of their "religion", or "spiritual beliefs", then their motivation in NOT political.

Therefor we must defend Liberty in a non-political way, which cannot include WAR. So how can we defend liberty in a non-political BI-PARTISAN way? Well that is easy, it's called the Rule of Law. Laws are not political in the sense that laws apply to everyone, equally. This included individuals, groups, and organizations. In order to effectively combat terrorism, and to effectively defend our Liberty, we must employ the correct weapons both offensively and defensively. Our best offensive weapon is Liberty itself. That is, the freedoms we enjoy all over the world because of our economic trade relations.

In order to defend our country from terrorism, EFFECTIVELY, we must pursue the Rule of Law, whereever it takes us. Instead of sending children and young adults with superior firepower to strafe and bomb countries where terrorist "might" live, we ought to utilize the existing Laws in those countries. Instead of having the attitude of trampling the Rule of Law, both at home and abroad, in order to stand up to defend our Liberty, we ought to take the opposite approach. IN other words, we have to STOP pretending like it is ok and desirable to attain JUSTICE at ANY and ALL COST! It is not ok.

We have gone down a path of defending our Liberty by destroying someone elses Liberty. This only serves to destroy Liberty in general. We must stop destroying Liberty in the name of Justice! Justice comes to those who wait! We must find virtue in mercy. Mercy on our enemies, mercy on our own weak and poor and aged. Justice and Mercy go hand in hand. The path of Liberty has been paved out ahead of us. We simply need to follow the signs!

fc2008
01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
They need someone in military uniform at every campaign stop from here on out, articulating the message that Ron Paul's views towards national security are correct.

Yeah. This laid back approach we've seen in dealing with the foreign policy and newsletters attacks are going to sink the campaign if strong changes aren't made.

Butchie
01-04-2012, 09:16 AM
I think he should not have attacked them, Perry, at first anyway, always seemed pretty respectful to Ron, then Ron said Michele "hates Muslims", I doubt he's going to pick up many people after that, true or not that wasn't the best thing to say, Ron should have stayed the "only adult in the room."

COpatriot
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
I think the "tea party" bridge to Bachmann may have already been burned.

rideurlightning
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
The Perry supporters should be easy actually. Now that I think of it, it is even possible for a Perry endorsement.

abstrusezincate
01-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah, Perry is the best bet here. Texan solidarity?

sevin
01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo

cameronb
01-04-2012, 01:01 PM
1) Perry is not out of it, so not going to get his supporters based on that
2) Perry, I believe, is only paying lip service to the issue of the Fed -- he is an establishment guy through and through ... even when he drops out I'd be SHOCKED if we got his endorsement...

Jingles
01-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I think he should not have attacked them, Perry, at first anyway, always seemed pretty respectful to Ron, then Ron said Michele "hates Muslims", I doubt he's going to pick up many people after that, true or not that wasn't the best thing to say, Ron should have stayed the "only adult in the room."

The majority of people have probably forgot about that, and the attacks on Perry were done in a rather respectful way. He wasn't calling him all sorts of names just simply stating his record. Rick Perry has faced a lot more attacks from Romney and Bachmann than anyone else. Perry also can't really attack Paul for political reasons, but Paul can attack him. He is still the sitting governor of Texas and there is quite a good number of Paul supporters in Texas. He can't really totally alienate Paul supporters in Texas.

itsnobody
01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
1. Don't be antagonistic
2. Focus mostly on the economy and fiscal issues
3. Talk about how the other candidates are nearly identical to Obama and will not really change anything

Ron Paul is the only one who will really change Washington. If anyone else besides Ron Paul wins then it will be nearly the same as Obama winning. How different would a Santorum, Gingrich, Romney, or Huntsman administration be from an Obama administration? It would be nearly the same as an Obama administration.

Kuthreck
01-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I would think Bachmann Supporters would have Paul as 2nd Choice, similar to Herman Cain's voters.