PDA

View Full Version : NBC News Reports Michele Bachmann Cancels South Carolina Trip Press Conference @ 10AM CST

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Bachmann Cancels South Carolina Trip Press Conference @ 10AM CST

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/bachmann-cancels-south-carolina-trip-109551.html

Bachmann cancels South Carolina trip
1/4/12 8:42 AM EST
Per a tweet from an NBC News reporter, Michele Bachmann has canceled her planned trip to South Carolina, and has called a press conference for 10 a.m. central time.

I've emailed a campaign spokeswoman and haven't heard back.

But after Bachmann's last-place showing last night, a logical conclusion would be that she withdraws from the race.

This is not an ideal circumstance for Mitt Romney's campaign wants, with both Bachmann and Rick Perry appearing poised to exit the stage. The more conservatives in the field the better for him, especially as he heads into South Carolina.

However, there remains the possibility Bachmann, who pulled most of her punches all season against Romney, will endorse him.

01-04-2012, 08:08 AM
If she wants to keep her congressional seat as the so called "leader of the tea party" she's not endorsing mittens. Although that ship might have sailed for her already attacking Ron.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Well, Bachmann will need money from somewhere for her campaign. I will go to the highest bidder.

Apparently, 40% of the TEA PARTY supported Romney. I wish RP campaign put more thought into grabbing Tea Party press time. Instead of playing everying down except the Federal Reserve.

[MODS] merge all the threads, there's like 3 or 4 of them now

Butchie
01-04-2012, 08:19 AM
She might have endorsed Ron if he hadn't made that "hates Muslims" comment, prob not tho, I don't know, am I the only one who doesn't like that Ron is getting nasty like that? I always liked that he was the gentlemen, I guess you will all say it is necessary, maybe so, but I don't like it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Created4
01-04-2012, 08:26 AM
It's obvious what is going to happen here. GOP bosses will put hard pressure on Perry and Bachmann to withdraw now and support Santorum. They want Santorum to be the anti-Romney candidate.

American Idol
01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
If she wants to keep her congressional seat as the so called "leader of the tea party" she's not endorsing mittens. Although that ship might have sailed for her already attacking Ron.

Yep. She really botched this thing.

01-04-2012, 08:29 AM
frothy served his purpose to block Ron in IA, he's done now. Maybe he could play a bit in SC with gay hate and war mongering, but he's not a serious candidate.

American Idol
01-04-2012, 08:30 AM
It's obvious what is going to happen here. GOP bosses will put hard pressure on Perry and Bachmann to withdraw now and support Santorum. They want Santorum to be the anti-Romney candidate.

The irony is hilarious. Santorum endorsed Romney in 2008, and now suddenly he's the "anti-Romney."

Can you say FLIP FLOP? :toady:

Created4
frothy served his purpose to block Ron in IA, he's done now. Maybe he could play a bit in SC with gay hate and war mongering, but he's not a serious candidate.

If Perry's organization goes over to Santorum, he instantly becomes serious.

robmpreston
If I was in the Paul campaign, I would have Rand called Bachmann and tell her she can endorse Ron or the Paulites will do everything they can to ensure she isn't reelected.

anewvoice
01-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Every person who drops out now gets Ron Paul more time in debates, I support everyone else dropping out.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 08:32 AM
She might have endorsed Ron if he hadn't made that "hates Muslims" comment, prob not tho, I don't know, am I the only one who doesn't like that Ron is getting nasty like that? I always liked that he was the gentlemen, I guess you will all say it is necessary, maybe so, but I don't like it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.Well, I say, it would of been better if Ron just generalized as the other candidates want to continue Wars, Killing, and getting Americans killed.

Bachmann has little negotiation power, she's just a propaganda puppet now for the party apparatus.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 08:34 AM
If I was in the Paul campaign, I would have Rand called Bachmann and tell her she can endorse Ron or the Paulites will do everything they can to ensure she isn't reelected.Have Jesse Ventura deliver that message to Michele. ;)

matt0611
01-04-2012, 08:35 AM
She might have endorsed Ron if he hadn't made that "hates Muslims" comment, prob not tho, I don't know, am I the only one who doesn't like that Ron is getting nasty like that? I always liked that he was the gentlemen, I guess you will all say it is necessary, maybe so, but I don't like it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

No,it wouldn't have mattered, she disagrees with Ron too much about foreign policy. She was a bitch because she got her ass handed to her in that debate by Ron.
I'm glad that idiot is dropping out and I hope we primary her too.

Liberty74
01-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I predicted Bachmann, Santorum, and Perry would be gone after NH if not sooner. Looks like two are going bye bye.

Lafayette
01-04-2012, 08:43 AM
She will not endorse Paul, none of the candidates will ever endorse Paul. They call us unAmerican and think our ideas (mainly foreign policy) are dangerous.

We cannot count on anyone in the establishment, talking head or candidate to ever support us or give us fair treatment,we are the enemy to them and must be defeated at all costs.

IMO, we must make it our mission to ensure Bachmann is not reelected to her house seat or any government position ever again!

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Every person who drops out now gets Ron Paul more time in debates, I support everyone else dropping out.

AFAIR it wasn't the case in 2008. But now he's more powerful and has much broader base, so who knows...

hazek
01-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Wait what? I thought she said Ron Paul's supporters were leaving him in droves to join her? What happened there?

:rolleyes:

Carole
01-04-2012, 08:49 AM

She would never have endorsed Ron Paul. She called him "dangerous" and lied about him.

The candidate most like her (warmongering and pseudo-conservative-i.e. moderate/liberal/progressive) is Santorum.

MMXII
01-04-2012, 08:49 AM
If I was in the Paul campaign, I would have Rand called Bachmann and tell her she can endorse Ron or the Paulites will do everything they can to ensure she isn't reelected.

Her days are numbered.

Carole
01-04-2012, 08:54 AM
The irony is hilarious. Santorum endorsed Romney in 2008, and now suddenly he's the "anti-Romney."

Can you say FLIP FLOP? :toady:

And THAT was the most negative thing the MSM had to say about Sanitarium.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 09:42 AM
T-20 minutes till Bachmann throws in the towel.

I wonder if Jesse Ventura gave her a call, saying, "Hey Michele this is Gov. Ventura, me and the gang are going to campaign against your congressional district, if you don't dropout by noon today, Got IT?"

;)

LibertyEagle
01-04-2012, 09:45 AM

I don't know that this will work. I think Santorum has some things in his closet that will be hard to sell to voters.

It's time for him to be under the microscope.

RileyE104
01-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I'd say 5% chance she endorses Dr. Paul, 10% chance she endorses Romney, 85% chance she endorses Santorum.

Created4
01-04-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd say 5% chance she endorses Dr. Paul, 10% chance she endorses Romney, 85% chance she endorses Santorum.

It's almost 100% Santorum. She didn't want to drop out. Somebody is pressuring her to do this. The social conservatives know they need to rally behind one candidate. Perry will be pressured also.

NoPants
01-04-2012, 09:50 AM

NH is where Huntsman has put all his eggs. The bump that Santorum gets from IA will make him a huge target for Huntsman and he's got $$$ to take him out. It won't take long for Santorums own words to kill his campaign. It's going to be exactly like his loss in PA where his own voting record, big spending, bigotry will take him out of the race. We just experienced the peak of Santorum's entire career. Her comes the "Santroum Slide" as he fades away. Next year he'll have a show after Huckabee's time slot. His campaign is over after SC, he'll at least get that far. If SC doesn't end it, FL will because nobody's going to give him money with a record like that knowing he can't win.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Bachmann is not going to endorse Ron. It's just not going to happen. That doesn't mean, though, that many of her supporters won't join us. Because I think many will. Let's be sure to welcome them.

NoPants
01-04-2012, 09:55 AM

She's not going to endorse anyone today. She'll hold that card and play it when it has the best chance of helping her own political career. She probably thinks there is a chance for the VP slot and endorsing someone this early would be a mistake. Santorum can't get a nomination, let alone beat Obama, so she's not stupid enough to endorse him. That's besides the political suicide it would do to her career to endorse someone with a big spending, big government record like that. No, she won't endorse anyone today.

matt0611
01-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Anyone got a stream?

I wanna revel in this two-faced liar giving a drop out speech.

jax
01-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Its a deadend to endorse santorum. He has far to bad of a record to mount anything. He will get exposed hard.

pacu44
01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
GOP machine is in play, they are working to minimize Paul, I got 2 emails this morning one fromt he RE TEA PARTY and Liberty New Network

They want it to be Romney and Santorum if Newt cant be the one, seems they are letting Newt get a second chance...

Rick Santorum: It's Now or Never
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou Hide Details FROM:RE Tea Party TO:xxxx Message flagged Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:04 AMMessage body

Please read a special message from Rick Santorum. We believe that you'll find the message informative. From time-to-time we may send you messages that we feel are important to the Tea Party.

Dear Patriot:

It's Now or Never for Conservative voters. We can either unite now behind one candidate and have a conservative standard bearer in 2012, or have the GOP establishment choose another moderate Republican who will have a difficult time defeating Barack Obama in November.

I don't think that's what you want. Neither do I. My name is Rick Santorum, and I am the only authentic, passionate conservative who can unite the GOP.

I need an URGENT contribution of at least $35 today to unite conservative voters and win the Republican nomination.

We shocked the world last night in Iowa. We did it with a coalition of conservatives, Tea Party members, and values voters who recognized that my successful conservative record gives the GOP the best chance to defeat Barack Obama.

No more sitting on the sidelines. Now is the time to act or get stuck with a bland, boring, career politician who will lose to Barack Obama. Tomorrow will be too late. Will you unite with me, merge conservative support, and help us hold our banner high? Your contribution of $35, $50, or even $75 can make sure this happens.

The next test is New Hampshire … a state Mitt Romney has campaigned in for over four years. This is why I need your immediate support. I’m counting on conservatives around America to respond to this call for help. If we are divided in New Hampshire, we will lose this opportunity to keep the momentum.

I will be the most conservative President since Ronald Reagan. I am not going to Washington to blend in and hope people like me. I am running to dismantle the Obama Agenda and lead--like Reagan did.

The Washington Post said, “Rick Santorum was a tea-party kind of guy before the tea-party even existed.” As a conservative U.S. Senator from the swing state of Pennsylvania, I led the overhaul of welfare that moved millions from welfare to work. I authored the bill banning partial-birth abortion, and I passed legislation that protected America from Iran’s growing nuclear threat.

If you want a President who will stand up for conservative values, who is consistent on the issues, and who has a record to back it up, then I need you to join my campaign.

I need you to join me today. Right now. Not tomorrow or next week. If you want to roll back the Obama Agenda with a real conservative, this is your chance. The future of our country depends on what conservatives like you do in the next 72 hours.

Will you join us today with a generous contribution of whatever you can afford?

I give Republicans the best option to put a full-spectrum conservative in the White House. Help me make history!

Sincerely,

Rick Santorum

P.S. I went from longshot to the Iowa Caucus “surprise candidate” overnight. Now conservatives must unite or be defeated. Please donate today and take a stand with my campaign. Join the fight!

www.reteaparty.com

Unsubscribe me from this list

[Sent to RE Tea Party • 2089 Judson Street • San Diego, CA • 92111

---------------------------
LNN Email

Mitt Romney Wins Iowa!
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou Hide Details FROM:Liberty News Reports TO:xxxx Message flagged Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:00 AMMessage body

Fellow Patriots,

We've waited into the early hours of the morning and it appears as though the final numbers are in. If the numbers hold, Mitt Romney won Iowa by just 14 votes. Romney is followed by Rick Santorum in second and Ron Paul in third.

This might not be the greatest first state gift for Romney, however, because it looks like Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann may be close to leaving the race. If this happens, the conservative base may be inclined to rally behind Santorum. In this scenario Romney would no longer face a divided conservative vote, making it very difficult to win states like South Carolina and Florida.

Either way tonight's results present incredible news for the Santorum and Romney camps. This also represents significant shifts in the race and sends us off to New Hampshire for next weeks primary event.

Keep an eye on CampaignTrailReport.com for more updates!

For Liberty,

Eric Odom

jsgolfman
01-04-2012, 10:04 AM
lol, I got the same email from Santorum.

rajibo
01-04-2012, 10:05 AM
lol, I got the same email from Santorum.

hehe. I got the same thing. I was like :confused:.

ord33
01-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I got the e-mail from Santorum also? What in the world was that about? It was just a couple minutes after he gave his speech last night in Iowa.

Laura Ingraham mentioned (and Steve Deace & Bob Vander Plaats agreed) they are going to:

Just got a call from Bob Vander Plaats who was on the Laura Ingraham Show...apparently Ingraham was talking about a Newt Gingrich-Rick Santorum collaboration...in my view it's the most immediate and most likely successful way to defeat Romney. When Newt was Speaker and Santorum was in the Senate in the mid-late 1990s that was the last time the GOP actually moved the country ideologically to the right. (From his facebook status)

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I got the e-mail from Santorum also? What in the world was that about? It was just a couple minutes after he gave his speech last night in Iowa.

Laura Ingraham mentioned (and Steve Deace & Bob Vander Plaats agreed) they are going to:

(From his facebook status)yeap... sounds abouy right.

There needs to be a recycle of the TEA PARTY and grab all those lost souls that the these other politicians are claiming.