PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry to "reassess" Campaign, Cancels Events in SC

nbruno322
01-04-2012, 06:07 AM
httx://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57351778-503544/rick-perry-reassessing-campaign/?tag=breakingnews

After a disappointing fifth-place finish in Tuesday's Iowa caucuses, Texas Governor Rick Perry said he is going home to Texas to assess "whether there is a path forward for myself in this race."

The candidate is still slated to participate in two upcoming Republican debates, but has canceled three days of events in South Carolina. Spokesman Ray Sullivan said the Perry campaign would make no announcements about the future until Thursday at the earliest.

JuicyG
01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Expect him to endorse Santorum.

libertythor
01-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Expect him to endorse Santorum.

I can imagine his words now! "Rick Santorum will be the Tim Tebow of the GOP nomination process!"

pauladin
01-04-2012, 07:14 AM
If you even give a hint that you might be dropping out, you're done.

Dsylexic
01-04-2012, 07:23 AM
damn it makes tougher for us in SC.the boobus vote will now be between grinch/frothy. hopefully,bachman has a minor sympathy boomlet in SC and takes some of the idiot vote.

Liberty74
01-04-2012, 07:25 AM
I read the headline and article this morning on Drudge.

Perry is done.

vechorik
01-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Since Perry is from TX, won't Dr. Paul get "some" of Perry's voters?

Liberty74
01-04-2012, 07:30 AM
damn it makes tougher for us in SC.the boobus vote will now be between grinch/frothy. hopefully,bachman has a minor sympathy boomlet in SC and takes some of the idiot vote.

And this is an another attitude I am talking about. Stop with this madness people - we need progressives, we can with win youth votes only, and we need blah blah to stay in to divide up the votes. No, how about we go after those votes for a change? Paul did not once appeal to the older crowd and he got clobbered in Iowa. Don't keep repeating mistakes.

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Campaign negotiating for Perry's one Iowa delegate?

Dsylexic
01-04-2012, 07:35 AM
And this is an another attitude I am talking about. Stop with this madness people - we need progressives, we can with win youth votes only, and we need blah blah to stay in to divide up the votes. No, how about we go after those votes for a change? Paul did not once appeal to the older crowd and he got clobbered in Iowa. Don't keep repeating mistakes.

thats true.for that ron will have to change his tune.not going to happen.we need doug wead and rand to explain why SS and medicare are safe under paul for seniors and those already in the program. ron always starts with -it is unconstitutional.people are turned off at that point.

walt
01-04-2012, 07:37 AM

You'd have to have a campaign staff committed to winning, instead of running an educational campaign. Ultimately, Ron Paul owns the responsibility for the campaign, the people he chooses to run it and their actions. Not everything is a conspiracy, some things are about suboptimal choices.

Dsylexic
01-04-2012, 07:39 AM
also,why did ron have to make a reference to bringing back the gold standard in y'days speech-WHEN HE HAS NO PLANS OF DOING IT.
he is going to abolish legal tender and have competing currencies.people arent going to understand that gold standard has nothing to do with carrying gold coins around
he needs to speak of practical matters and not 'we are all austrians now'.to a non insider -it sounds either creepy or goes over their head.sigh.ron will be ron.thats why love him

merrimac
01-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Hurray! One of RPs challengers down. Six(?) more to go!

HOLLYWOOD
01-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Hurray! One of RPs challengers down. Six(?) more to go!Bachmann may be dropping out... press conference at 10AM CST.

I think she needs to save her money for her Congressional Campaign and will be selling her endorsement to maintain her seat

Matthew5
01-04-2012, 08:10 AM
also,why did ron have to make a reference to bringing back the gold standard in y'days speech-WHEN HE HAS NO PLANS OF DOING IT.
he is going to abolish legal tender and have competing currencies.people arent going to understand that gold standard has nothing to do with carrying gold coins around
he needs to speak of practical matters and not 'we are all austrians now'.to a non insider -it sounds either creepy or goes over their head.sigh.ron will be ron.thats why love him

Seniors know a thing or two about the gold standard. They get it when he talks about returning to a gold standard.

Matthew5
01-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Perry was done after all the gaffes (and subsequent abandonment by the MSM) and he knew it. The additional money spent on Iowa/NH/SC was just an all-in bet. He's already stumbled big time right out of the gate. Guess he can't hold on till SC? Would a poor showing in Iowa and NH damage him that much?

ZanZibar
01-04-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

LinuxJedi
01-04-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm sure Paul knows this, but maybe he should call Perry to offer a few comforting words. Perry did look at Paul often during the debates, read his book... and although I would never vote for Perry, I do feel that we should welcome his supporters with open arms.... and offer our condolences to those who drop out.

samsung1
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
We need one of them (perry,bachmann) to stay until south carolina. We cannot afford to let santorum inherit their ground games and supporters

ZanZibar
01-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I thought I heard that CNN said he might haev backtracked on this?

01-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Perry tweeted earlier that he's back in. Son confirmed Perry handles his own twitter.