PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul fails to strongly rebut "What if you don't win?" again

pramodbiligiri
11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
On November 8th on Wolf Blitzer(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjOwoIydTDI) Ron Paul is yet again asked "What if you don't win", "What if Giuliani wins" (at 4:30 in the video). He doesn't give a befitting reply.

So I mailed this to RP's campaign (mail@ronpaul2008.com) earlier today:

"It's obvious that Paul is doing very well. So next time some
interviewer (like Wolf Blitzer on CNN, November 8th) asks "What if you
don't win" or "What if Giuliani wins", please answer that Paul is only
focussed on winning and growing his campaign. He wastes no time
worrying about losing and its aftermath.

Not only does that send a strong message to supporters and people on
the fence, but the media will stop that question once they realize
Paul will just block it. Currently he answers it like a realistic
scenario that has to be addressed!"

amakris
11-09-2007, 01:26 PM
My idea is to answer with a question:

"Will ______ support me when I win the nomination?"

If Hannity or another overt neo-con asks him the question, fill "you" in the blank.
If some no-name ask him the question, fill in "the other GOP candidates" in the blank.

pramodbiligiri
11-09-2007, 01:30 PM

If Hannity or another overt neo-con asks him the question, fill "you" in the blank.
If some no-name ask him the question, fill in "the other GOP candidates" in the blank.

Some suggested this reply when I created a thread on this earlier: Why didn't you ask George Bush this question before he attacked Iraq?

TimSteeno
11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
God, would I love to see Hannity squirm out of the question:

"Will you support me when I win the nomination, or will you vote for the Democrat?" :D

navi
11-09-2007, 01:33 PM

"Will you support me when I win the nomination, or will you vote for the Democrat?" :D
Haha that would be great!

pramodbiligiri
11-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Wow that's an awesome reply really. Makes for a good sound bite too ;)

reduen
11-09-2007, 01:37 PM

That would be great. Only I would add too this:

"As long as we continue to see this phenominal growth, we are winning. Will you support me when I win the nomination etc..." :cool:

LinearChaos
11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
The question is irrelevant because RP is going to win.

But it is ridiculous because you don't see them asking Scoop and Dump or Romney what they are going to do if they don't win...

The MSM is already pressuring him by putting out the Libertarian/RP as a 3rd Party Meme before the first vote is cast.

deezblast
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
When they say RP is low in the polls, he should counter with how he is ranked 1st in straw polls.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 01:51 PM

I LOVE it!

I totally agree with the OP, Paul should not be discussing this like it is a likely scenario. He must portray his intent to WIN!!!

JosephTheLibertarian
11-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Ron Paul should have just said "shut up" that would've garners another week of media attention

pramodbiligiri
11-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Ron Paul should have just said "shut up" that would've garners another week of media attention

:)) Imagine the headline: "RP asks interviewer to shut up when asked about if Giuliani wins"

Alabama Supporter
11-09-2007, 03:50 PM
On November 8th on Wolf Blitzer(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjOwoIydTDI) Ron Paul is yet again asked "What if you don't win", "What if Giuliani wins" (at 4:30 in the video). He doesn't give a befitting reply.

So I mailed this to RP's campaign (mail@ronpaul2008.com) earlier today:

"It's obvious that Paul is doing very well. So next time some
interviewer (like Wolf Blitzer on CNN, November 8th) asks "What if you
don't win" or "What if Giuliani wins", please answer that Paul is only
focussed on winning and growing his campaign. He wastes no time
worrying about losing and its aftermath.

Not only does that send a strong message to supporters and people on
the fence, but the media will stop that question once they realize
Paul will just block it. Currently he answers it like a realistic
scenario that has to be addressed!"

Great idea to flood the inbox of RP when the staffers and volunteers could be canvassing for new support. I hear they are getting something like 1 email per minute right now.

johngr
11-09-2007, 04:09 PM

It's not his style. If he were an acerbic New Yorker, it might work. That said, part of me wishes he could have said, STFU.

free.alive
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Next time he gets that from a "journalist" he should just reply with a giggling tone, "Oh, I know you guys watch the news and I've answered that question so many times, I'm sure you have a better one for me."

As for when Hannity or any other supposedly conservative pundit asks, he should reply, "Well a better question may be, Hannity, in the general election would you support me or Hillary Clinton." Hannity would squirm, and laugh, and absolutely must say he would support Ron or his whole career (of, like Rush, existing to combat liberals and the Clintons) would be a farce.

Jobarra
11-09-2007, 04:17 PM
It's not his style. If he were an acerbic New Yorker, it might work. That said, part of me wishes he could have said, STFU.
Still not his style, but I would love to see him say "God Help Us if Rudy wins"

Jodi
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM

I agree with this answer.

Ninja Homer
11-09-2007, 05:08 PM

I like it!

Another way to respond would be:

"Is that what you ask all the top tier candidates?"

and maybe follow that up with:

"Can you imagine what our country will be like when I am elected President? We'll have peace for the first time in xx years, we'll have a true strong national defense, we'll have strong borders, we'll have a strong economy, we'll have an end to income taxes, we'll have our God-given rights back, and the people will have so much money they won't know what to do with it."

manny
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Annoying they still ask such questions!! He's winning straw polls, setting fundraising recrds, and is the most republican of the lot! Generally I like Ron Paul's politeness but he can be forgiven for taking them on when they ask such questions. Why don't they ask Rudy since he agrees with Hitlery on 75% of social stuff?!

I think RP should just come straight back with "I'm the only Republican that can defeat Hillary Clinton." Should get some Republicans thinking ;)

amakris
11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Great idea to flood the inbox of RP when the staffers and volunteers could be canvassing for new support. I hear they are getting something like 1 email per minute right now.

I agree that there is no need to e-mail HQ. They regularly monitor the board. If they see an idea they like, they'll quietly take note.

Also note, there's no need to say "Please listen to me, HQ!" Just go about your business, offer your insight, and then take your ideas to the streets.