PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST TO OWNERS OF teaparty07.ORG & teaparty07.NET

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
This is a request to the owners of the www.teaparty07.net and www.teaparty07.org domains...

Consensus here has shown that the central web site for the December 16th fund raising efforts will be www.TeaParty07.com.

For the good of the cause, I humbly ask you to consider one of two options:

Either:
1. Take both the .net and .org sites down... or
2. Re-direct all traffic from the .net and .org sites to www.teaparty07.com

Now that the main site is up and running at www.teaparty07.com, folks are getting confused on which site is the "official" one to sign up with, and it is not helping matters.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

dfalken
11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
thisdecember16th.com and ondecember16th.com...all should redirect traffic to the main site.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 01:36 PM
thisdecember16th.com and ondecember16th.com...all should redirect traffic to the main site.

ondecember16th.com DOES redirect, and has for the last five hours.

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 01:44 PM

ondecember16th.com DOES redirect, and has for the last five hours.

Yep. Again, thank you Jordan for all your efforts. You have been a true TEAM player and have proven again and again that you're interested in helping the cause.

Ronald Reagan said it best: "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit."

I think that applies to you, Jordan!

JordanL
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Yep. Again, thank you Jordan for all your efforts. You have been a true TEAM player and have proven again and again that you're interested in helping the cause.

Ronald Reagan said it best: "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit."

I think that applies to you, Jordan!

:)

Thanks.

I'll be plugging the new website, http://thepoliticker.net/ , everywhere I go though. :D I found another VERY important issue for us to look at.

James R
11-09-2007, 01:53 PM
This is the image I want to see on the site, because it establishes some of Ron Paul's positions:
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v150/186/21/7952925/n7952925_41388598_5804.jpg

I should note that this image is something the TeaParty07 developer posted, so clearly they must be considering it.

terlinguatx
11-09-2007, 01:53 PM

JordanL
11-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Why not just use a common database for all email signups on each site? Pool the efforts, and make it so everyone will be subscribing to the same list no matter which site they sign up for. Still have the verification emails originatie from teaparty07.com too, no mater what site's script they use.

Because Trevor didn't code a back-end for the mailing list, he's just using Feedburner.

I have a back-end I was using for my site, but it would be not-so-fun to integrate with Feedburner.

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Why not just use a common database for all email signups on each site? Pool the efforts, and make it so everyone will be subscribing to the same list no matter which site they sign up for. Still have the verification emails originatie from teaparty07.com too, no mater what site's script they use.

Pooling the efforts would be great, but when someone hides their identity through a domain privacy service, refuses to participate in the community forums, and does not direct traffic to the www.teaparty07.com site, even after promising Trevor they would, it makes it really difficult to have any sort of common effort, and it does not foster confidence in their web site. Granted, all this could change tonight if they start re-directing traffic to Trevor's site (hopefully this will occur).

The entire community here is based on open and honest discussion. The problem here is that the owners of the .NET and .ORG sites, no matter what they've promised to Trevor or us, theoretically could leave their site up and running, with everyone using all 3 sites, then on the last day (Dec 16) they put up a link for donations like this one:

www.RonPaul2008.com/donate (http://www.google.com)

Which looks legit, but when you click on it, it actually leads to a totally different web site (I have it leading to Google in this case, but one could easily have it lead to an exact copy of the real donation site, on a Russian server, and scammers will then harvest credit card numbers from donors)

Every hour that the .NET and .ORG sites are left up makes me more and more suspicious of the owner's intentions.

jmhelms
11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
We must be getting some good shots in, there have been many attempts to confuse the message and the site on Facebook too. Right on you guys for staying on the same page. I will continue tracking and informing as best I can.

NewEnd
11-09-2007, 06:05 PM
This is the image I want to see on the site, because it establishes some of Ron Paul's positions:
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v150/186/21/7952925/n7952925_41388598_5804.jpg

I should note that this image is something the TeaParty07 developer posted, so clearly they must be considering it.

I love that one, it cracks me up... its sooo rad!!

SwordOfShannarah
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM

I really like this image as well.. could the person who made it add "TeaParty07.com" to it?

Taco John
11-09-2007, 06:21 PM
All I know for sure is that teaparty07.org is actually up and running. We're getting laughed at right now when people try to go to teaparty07.com. It's turning into a huge embarassment as the other campaigns start to pull together their own efforts.