PDA

View Full Version : The good news: at the next debate they are ALL going to be gunning for Romney

merrimac
01-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Why would anyone waste a few bucks showing an anti-Paul commercial when it's clear at this point unless something happens to shake up the race they are all going to be going for Mitt's throat. They're going to once again let everything Paul says slide.

I'm not optimistic Ron can win but I am optimistic that it's not going to be as easy for Mitt to wrap it up.

pauladin
01-04-2012, 01:56 AM
Gingrich and Bachmann are going to go after Paul. IRAN IRAN IRAN.

Ranger29860
01-04-2012, 01:57 AM

I assume you did not hear Gingriches concession speech? Gingrich is now on a warpath against Romney. I doubt Bachman will be in for more than one debate.

merrimac
01-04-2012, 01:58 AM

They're idiots if they do. They have to throw everything they have at Mitt or it's over.

YankeesJunkie
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Mitt and Santorum will be the targets since Mitt is the front runner and Rick will be going after the same votes as Gingrich/Bachmann/Perry/whoever stays in. Paul should get reprieve of some sort and hopefully can put together a strong second in NH.

pauladin
01-04-2012, 02:01 AM
I assume you did not hear Gingriches concession speech? Gingrich is now on a warpath against Romney. I doubt Bachman will be in for more than one debate.

Didn't you hear Gingrich say that he and Paul are going to discuss foreign policy at the debate? Anyway, I'm sure they'll go after Romney too.

Xelaetaks
01-04-2012, 02:01 AM

If they go after Paul on Iran he can use it to his advantage if he can give a good answer for it

Gravik
01-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Gingrich already said he was going to go after Ron Paul at the next debate for his foreign policy views.

RDM
01-04-2012, 02:05 AM
This all comes down to a chess match now. Hopefully mistakes were learned in Iowa. Campaign will need to tighten up some weak areas. Ron's going to have to fine tune his message. This is far from over.

C_J_Burns
01-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Ron Paul is a MAJOR target don't mistake it... Gingrich IS on the war path and Dr. Paul is on the map. Newt WILL bring up the newsletters and Iran in front of a national audience and swing like crazy. Also what more can be said against Newt anyway? He's got nothing to lose and he's more likely to try and take out MR and RP, he's never uttered a word against Santorum so frankly I don't expect him to. Bachmann (if she stays in long enough to make it to these debates) is gonna tear into RP, she's been set on edge ever since he said she hates Muslims.

pauladin
01-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Sounds like Perry will be dropping out. He's heading back to Texas and "reassessing" his campaign, just as Herman Cain "reassessed" his own campaign. I wish Bachmann would drop out as well, but doubt it will happen just yet. Less candidates = more debate time for Paul to articulate his views.

fcofer
01-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Gingrich already said he was going to go after Ron Paul at the next debate for his foreign policy views.

Good. And Ron should use that an opportunity to savage Gingrich and the whole rest of the crew for being warmongers.

We're out of Iowa, for better or worse. Ron can afford to be even more vocal in opposition to war -- if more people come to realize that he really means it, all the better.

coffeewithgames
01-04-2012, 03:19 AM

I heard his speech, and he clearly mentioned RP in it as well...and mentioned Iran in it directly with RP.

Lord Xar
01-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Unless Ron Paul comes out swinging and really REALLY bringing it, this is not gonna be as fruitful as it could be.

The silver lining is we have equal delegates, but now Ron's gotta turn it on.. he's gotta step outside himself and really be forceful. Talk to the people in soundbites. I know he isn't a "soundbite" kinda guy, but he's gotta give the voters something to chew on.

Ranger29860
01-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Didn't you hear Gingrich say that he and Paul are going to discuss foreign policy at the debate? Anyway, I'm sure they'll go after Romney too.

He did say that but that was blurp in his much much bigger rant about Romney. He might try to poke and prod Paul but he is going for a killing strike on Romney. I do not think i have ever seen Gingrich look that pissed as he was towards Romney.

merrimac
01-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Unless Ron Paul comes out swinging and really REALLY bringing it, this is not gonna be as fruitful as it could be.

The silver lining is we have equal delegates, but now Ron's gotta turn it on.. he's gotta step outside himself and really be forceful. Talk to the people in soundbites. I know he isn't a "soundbite" kinda guy, but he's gotta give the voters something to chew on.

I'm not even sure we have equal delegates. I read somewhere that Romney got all 25 and I read somewhere else that Romney and Santorum split the delegates 13 to 12.

jbuttell
01-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Gingrich is just an angry old man.

coffeewithgames
01-04-2012, 03:23 AM

We have a thread for RP soundbyte suggestions... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322920-Suggestions-Please-Ron-Paul-Soundbytes-and-One-Liners

This is something I have been harping on since 2007...

kombayn
01-04-2012, 03:24 AM
It'll take Romney to make a HUGE gaffe in the first debate so they can beat him over the head with it on the next debate then the mainstream media will hammer on Mitt Romney as well. It's not over yet and I suspect that CNN is going to pimp Jon Huntsman to give Mitt Romney another headache along the way.

jacksonunit
01-04-2012, 03:36 AM
They're idiots if they do (go after Dr. Paul). They have to throw everything they have at Mitt or it's over.

Bachmann will go after Dr. Paul because she is an idiot. Newt will go after Dr. Paul because he is not an idiot. Newt knows that Ron is the only non-Romney that has what it takes to win the nomination and he will attempt to use the opportunity to eliminate Ron and move into a solid second. THe irony is that Newt and Bachmann will both use warmongering ("IRAN IRAN IRAN").

Personally, I'm going to enjoy Santorum paying the piper for his pro-abortion voting record. The "religious right" will rip him to shreds when this comes out.

Lord Xar
01-04-2012, 03:39 AM
......The "religious right" will rip him to shreds when this comes out.

It won't come out. The media is a culprit in his conspiracy to rise -- they won't all of sudden turn on him until his useful idiocy is at an end... which is far down the line. He siphons time from the debates.... he will be the new distraction away from Ron Paul.

No, he isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Rudeman
01-04-2012, 03:43 AM
If Newt goes after Paul on foreign policy would it be smart for Paul to attack Newt on being a draft dodger?