PDA

View Full Version : Newsflash: Iowa really did matter

rp2012win
01-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Despite everything the media said about focus on 2nd and 3rd if paul won, had paul actually won, it would have been a big damn deal. It would have launched him into a strong 2nd place in NH at least and he would have become the anti romney going into south carolina. At that point, the media would have lost control over the narrative and the people would have overtaken them. Dec. 28th 2011 is when the CNN poll came out and that changed everything.

Korey Kaczynski
01-04-2012, 12:37 AM
We're really in this for the long haul, anyways. 20+ years or so. Ron Paul is just one man, and we have Rand still, and people like Napolitano are still fighting the good fight.

beardedlinen
01-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Despite everything the media said about focus on 2nd and 3rd if paul won, had paul actually won, it would have been a big damn deal. It would have launched him into a strong 2nd place in NH at least and he would have become the anti romney going into south carolina. At that point, the media would have lost control over the narrative and the people would have overtaken them. Dec. 28th 2011 is when the CNN poll came out and that changed everything.

So now Santorum is the new Anti-Romney? Have you seen his poll numbers in the next few states? Santorum was used as a wedge in a very socially conservative state last minute. He has nothing else going for him. We are the Anti-Romney.

01-04-2012, 12:42 AM
The msm fluffed up frothy to block Ron. It's done deal with it. Frothy will be the Huckabee of this race.

RickyJ
01-04-2012, 12:42 AM
We're really in this for the long haul, anyways. 20+ years or so. Ron Paul is just one man, and we have Rand still, and people like Napolitano are still fighting the good fight.

No, I doubt it will be around in another 4 years, much less 20. We win now, or it really is over for the USA. I know I won't stay in this nation if Ron Paul is not elected.

pipewerKz
01-04-2012, 12:43 AM
So now Santorum is the new Anti-Romney? Have you seen his poll numbers in the next few states? Santorum was used as a wedge in a very socially conservative state last minute. He has nothing else going for him. We are the Anti-Romney.

I concur, Rick Santorum can not get the nomination. Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are the only two that have a chance to beat Obama.

Canderson
01-04-2012, 12:43 AM

This is key. we should be focusing more on Congress. Kristi Risk and a few other candidates have good chances to get into office, and will make a huge difference in disarming the establishment.

eff
01-04-2012, 01:02 AM
The way I see it, if Paul had won, the media would have followed with the Iowa didnt matter stuff. So as it is now, Iowa does matter, and Ron Paul came in 3rd, which bodes pretty well for momentum for NH, etc. Also, nothing will motivate democrats and independents to vote for Paul than the threat of Santorum actually winning. That guy is just a horrible human being.

Tod
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Just think if Paul can garner 2nd in NH: 3rd place, then 2nd, then....????

:D

jersdream
01-04-2012, 01:07 AM
I still don't get why people got arrogant and laughed at Santorum and were banning and neg repping people who said he might actually finish in front of Paul if we weren't careful.

freeforall
01-04-2012, 01:10 AM

I agree. After a few discussions regarding the candidates earlier today I was amazed at how many people think abortion and gay rights issues are deal breakers. I think people really don't understand what are government is doing so they focus on the issues they do understand.

sailingaway
01-04-2012, 01:12 AM

Wow, you give up easy.

sailingaway
01-04-2012, 01:13 AM
The msm fluffed up frothy to block Ron. It's done deal with it. Frothy will be the Huckabee of this race.

they will try to do the same thing with Huntsman. We need to vett him, and get his donors handy.

New York For Paul
01-04-2012, 01:19 AM
In order to be the best, we need to beat the best. Romney has a big organization in New Hampshire. However, Ron Paul did very in New Hampshire before and could do even better this time.

jacmicwag
01-04-2012, 01:26 AM
I'll say it again - we did great tonight and thanks to all our friends in Iowa who made it happen. Trust me, the media is nearly shitting themselves over the outcome. The full court smear campaign did not work. We are still alive to fight another day. This is a huge victory for RP and his supporters.

jacmicwag
01-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I still don't get why people got arrogant and laughed at Santorum and were banning and neg repping people who said he might actually finish in front of Paul if we weren't careful.

Goggle search tells the story. Congrats to Rick but his nephew has it right.

Mini-Me
01-04-2012, 01:30 AM
No, I doubt it will be around in another 4 years, much less 20. We win now, or it really is over for the USA. I know I won't stay in this nation if Ron Paul is not elected.

A lot of people said four years ago that there wouldn't be elections in 2012. Were you one of them? Either way, where do you plan to go? I hear Antarctica is pretty free from government, but I also hear it's unlivably cold.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, so don't take my question the wrong way. I just think your emotions and heightened sense of dread are probably distorting your feel for how imminent our "final collapse" really is. Granted, economic or political collapse could come without warning, and the infrastructure for abject totalitarianism is much further along than it was four years ago...but much of that has been done out of desperation. The establishment is boiling us frogs so quickly because they fear their own time is running out, not because ours necessarily is. Their grip is still strong (Exhibit A: Santorum), but they're losing it. (Exhibit B: 21% and close third vs. 8% I think and written off by ordinary Americans.) As a result, they've desperately accelerated their power grabs, but public awareness has accelerated in turn, and the seeds of resistance have grown.

The last four years have gone by in a flash, and I think a good default assumption is that the next four will probably progress similarly if Ron Paul doesn't clinch the Presidency and events unfold at their current pace. If things continue to accelerate, we may very well be in a very different place four years from now...but the government's power rests on the appearance of legitimacy, and if that evaporates entirely, we will lead the rest in formally withdrawing consent. In the meantime, let's give Ron the strongest showing possible and win...or at least roar loudly enough to scare the power elite into doing something foolish.