PDA

View Full Version : Can the Republican Party win without our vote?

parke
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Its multiple choice.. I cant edit the title.

Its becoming appartent that those who hold party lines dont really want to play fair. Ron Paul has been elected 10 times as a Republican. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that he is a real Republican. He is closer to Reagen than any other leading candidate. Romney? You gotta be kidding me. Rudy? BUSH CLONE. Hillary? Bush lite.

I think conservatives ought to be looking at the White House. Compare this Republican to the one already there. What party do you really stand for? Their version or the traditional version.

People want to join the Republican party, if it stands for Ron Paul is about. The Republican party has an opporotunity to embrace newcomers and make their party strong for years to come. I understand loyalty runs deep but the plan we are on currently isnt taking us anywhere but down.

Lets hope that somebody with some common sense in DC realizes they need to get behind Dr. Paul. They have a chance to fill the party with millions of new people.

Can the Republican nominee beat the Democrat if Ron Paul is not nominated?

Grandson of Liberty
11-09-2007, 01:06 PM
In a word. . .no.

The irony is that the GOP establishment laughs and tries to marginalize us, while refusing to acknowledge there is no possible way to win without us.

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
The Republican Party will have a lot of trouble even with our vote if Giuliani or Romney is the nominee.

Sematary
11-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I will write in Ron Paul

Spirit of '76
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
I will write in Ron Paul

Same here.

Naraku
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I think the GOP certainly can win without us and that's because ultimately the anti-war vote, the prime motivation for the negative views of the GOP, is not going to Hillary because she isn't anti-war.

Also, if it comes down to Hillary and Giuliani, Nader and/or Bloomberg might run and they would ultimately bring down Hillary more than Giuliani.

Of course, if it comes down to Hillary and Giuliani I'll pick Hillary over Rudy any day, albeit begrudgingly.

I think a low turnout is quite likely and that would prove good for Rudy.

If it's Romney or Huckabee, I think they can definitely win by drawing in conservative votes. Thompson or McCain would probably be the best people against Hillary.

Then again Obama or Edwards could pull off a win in the primaries. If that happen it would probably be worse for other Republicans.

Hillary would probably be beat by any Republican.

FreedomLover
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
The Republican party has always relied on a coalition of libertarians, social conservativs, fiscal conservatives, and other rep-leaning independents. Ron paul voters could very well be able to throw that last 2-3% of the vote, which has been crucial in the last two elections

I think a big part of convincing the party that they can't win the presidency without RP is convincing them that republicans and long-time conservative voters DO support paul and are willing to show it.

I've said it before: Republicans who are antsy about the war could be brought on easily if they weren't bombarded with "ive always voted for democrats but im supporting ron paul" or "i hate rethuglicans and the GOP but im voting for ron paul." I see this a lot on the forums and most ron paul-related sites, and I think it pushes them away and puts a bad taste in their mouths.

In a general election I think it's okay and not as damaging to say this stuff, but during the primary? No. Tone it down. Just soften it into the RP plank of "the Republican party has lost it's way." You could have tons of democrats and independents voting for Paul, but if you can't get that 10-15% of loyal republican primary voters to voluntarily lift RP, then he's not winning. And that's just a guess at a base percentage for OPEN primaries.

FreedomLover
11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Hillary would probably be beat by any Republican.

This is also important to consider. A cardboard box could probably get over 30% of the vote against Hillary. If there's any hope for the GOP to win the presidency, then she's it.

tfelice
11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
If Ron Paul does not win the GOP nomination I will likely vote for the Constitution Party nominee as a matter of principle

Phil M
11-09-2007, 01:34 PM
If RP isn't nominated, I'll vote for whoever the LP nominates. I just hope it's someone good - their current crop of candidates is extremely underwhelming.

Naraku
11-09-2007, 01:35 PM
This is also important to consider. A cardboard box could probably get over 30% of the vote against Hillary. If there's any hope for the GOP to win the presidency, then she's it.

Her and Ron Paul.

lynnf
11-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Same here.

same here.

Republicans can't win without Ron Paul, but they won't care.

lynn

johngr
11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
In a word. . .no.

The irony is that the GOP establishment laughs and tries to marginalize us, while refusing to acknowledge there is no possible way to win without us.

They want Hillary. The fix is in.

J Free
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Its multiple choice.. I cant edit the title.

Its becoming appartent that those who hold party lines dont really want to play fair.

Life isn't fair.

People want to join the Republican party, if it stands for Ron Paul is about.

This sounds like a copout. An "I'll hold my breath until my face turns blue if you don't listen to me". No. We join the GOP. Period. No conditions and no whining. And then we change it from the inside. And run over everyone who stands in our way. That's the only way we will win and is the only way we deserve to win. And if it doesn't work, THEN we can decide what to do next.

Far far far too many RP supporters are taking this "I'll just sit on the fence and bitch about why I'm not being taken seriously." The reason we're not being taken seriously is because we're sitting on the fence.

Lets hope that somebody with some common sense in DC realizes they need to get behind Dr. Paul. They have a chance to fill the party with millions of new people.

And again. THEY don't have the chance to fill the party with millions of new people. WE do. And if they don't like it, they're toast. And the recognition of that little reality (assuming it happens) is why they will get behind Ron Paul.

It is our actions that change things. Not our waiting for other people to change things.

And to that end, I hope people will contribute to the beta testing and rollout of the VVR project in my sig below (also see the working thread). The whole purpose of this project is to do something that proves that we aren't just sitting around passively hoping some unknown important somebodies will do it for us.

olehounddog
11-09-2007, 01:51 PM
come hell or high water my vote goes to only Ron Paul and only candidates who openly support Ron Paul