PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's former patients and babies

ninastro
01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
You guys might be interested in piece on the Daily Beast today about the women patients and babies delivered by Ron Paul when he was working as an OBGYN in Texas (he certainly has supporters in his former patients):

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/03/yes-ron-paul-has-4-000-babies.html?

angelatc
01-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I just saw this for the first time. It was a great article.

Take Shelly Moore, for example. After giving birth to her son David in 1977, she began hemorrhaging. While nurses put her on an IV, Moore’s overexcited husband pestered Paul about what “mistakes” had been made, and whether his newborn son and wife would be OK. Paul managed the chaos calmly and confidently, according to Moore, and when it came time to transport her from the gurney, the doctor lifted her up himself and placed her down on the bed.

“I thought that was very kind, I’ll never forget that,” Moore says. “He was very strong, and it showed the caring he had for his patients. You just felt comfortable with him.”

EBounding
01-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Never saw this, thanks!

She says Dr. Paul wasn’t the type for chitchat, but whenever conversation did stray from her pregnancy, it inevitably turned to libertarian issues.

“You went in and you got an education on the gold standard,” she says. “That’s what he talked about when you were on the table.”

satchelmcqueen
01-11-2014, 07:27 PM
good article until the end where they again try to minimize his support or influence.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-11-2014, 07:45 PM
thanks for sharing!