PDA

View Full Version : 15th/16th Marketing Strategy Thread

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I am pretty new to this forum but not new to copy writing/marketing. Reading forum threads it seems that many here want to take Ron Paul grassroots to the full spectrum of Ron Paul supporters and potential supporters (something that must be done if we want to see Ron Paul Inaugurated).

Ron Paul has slim jim's discussing many topics because he is an excellent, multi-faceted candidate and as such appeals to a very wide potential audience. I think it would be good for us to think a little more like campaign strategists and make sure that we are reaching every potential Ron Paul supporter. Mainstream supporters like to get impassioned and participate in grassroots too but they are often not often included or just not "in the know".

So, please use this thread to discuss the different demographics that you have seen suppport for Ron Paul in or that you anticipate finding support for him in. Also, if you have grassroots, boots on the street or online type activities that you think would appeal to a certain demographic as a build up towards or promotion of TeaParty07/Weekend of Liberty, share here.

I am putting this in December 15th/16th grassroots because TeaParty07.com is our largest upcoming fundraiser and needs to be preceeded by our biggest "grassroots marketing" blitz.

jmhelms
11-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I am pretty new to this forum but not new to copy writing/marketing. Reading forum threads it seems that many here want to take Ron Paul grassroots to the full spectrum of Ron Paul supporters and potential supporters (something that must be done if we want to see Ron Paul Inaugurated).

Ron Paul has slim jim's discussing many topics because he is an excellent, multi-faceted candidate and as such appeals to a very wide potential audience. I think it would be good for us to think a little more like campaign strategists and make sure that we are reaching every potential Ron Paul supporter. Mainstream supporters like to get impassioned and participate in grassroots too but they are often not often included or just not "in the know".

So, please use this thread to discuss the different demographics that you have seen suppport for Ron Paul in or that you anticipate finding support for him in. Also, if you have grassroots, boots on the street or online type activities that you think would appeal to a certain demographic as a build up towards or promotion of TeaParty07/Weekend of Liberty, share here.

I am putting this in December 15th/16th grassroots because TeaParty07.com is our largest upcoming fundraiser and needs to be preceeded by our biggest "grassroots marketing" blitz.

I think you make some great points and I am glad that someone is thinking about marketing strategy. I started a Facebook group "Tea Party 07" and it has grown to 360+. I sent out an initial message to members when the teaparty07.com site came up and will continue to do so once a week and the three days leading up to the 16th.

One point that I want to make:
On the sixth and seventh of November people were in Party mode celebrating the victory, which is very appropriate. However the party mode has now shifted into sheer arogance. There is a decrease in constructive work being done online to make December 16th a success. 37,000+ people donated on the 5th of November which is great but there are literally over 200million online users. We need to get focused on ways of reaching more people.

For now, I think if we can start developing messages for pro life individuals we would be able to tap into a large demographic.

justinc.1089
11-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah I think Paul's biggest demographics to get are pro-life voters, anti-war voters, and this one may surprise you from not thinking about it pro-gun rights voters too. I don't think I have met a gun rights person that didn't like Paul. Go anywhere thats selling guns like a gunstore or gunshow and everyone loves Paul for his record on that. However, the gun rights people are a much smaller number than the others.

sroll2237
11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I agree with the above sentiments, we need to target a larger base, not just those "in the know" about the inflation tax.

Shaun
11-11-2007, 12:22 AM
FOCUS, FOCUS ON THE 16TH.
DROP ALL MENTIONS OF THE 15TH, It's like releasing a movie or promoting a concert you would NEVER metion two dates to the RAW and NEW Public.
You people out there pushing two dates are confusing both the media and new people.
The 15th is an INTERNAL date it should NOT appear on videos or any other promo, we need to rasise that 10m on ONE day, this is very, very important. We need to break and smash the 24 hour record.
This is my business, PR and Marketing and this is not BS. Pull together around one date for the public and keep the 15th internal, please get behind this position or you will dilute and confuse the media and new people.
Get everyone focused on one event on one day to break the record..
Laser not shotgun approach for a breakthrough..

Shaun
11-11-2007, 12:23 AM
The Dec 16th Money bomb IS everything. FOCUS ON THAT DATE. One day, one event, one fund raise and one massive message to DC...so it's everything. Read it again and repeat it..and think about it. Victory will stand and fall on Dec 16th for this campaign. America follows the money...
If ' Ron Paul is Money..." he's going to be the new darling of the decade..
NOTHING else matters except what comes after the 16th. The question we all have to ask is as follows.. " What is the biggest PR campaign that we can do that will have the biggest impact on the biggest section of the world media and lead to the biggest amount of media coverage?"
Answer: Raise 10m dollars in one 24 hour period and a number of things will happen..
1) Ron Paul will have 5,000 worldwide media stories on Google news.
2) Ron Paul will become the number one fundraiser on the GOP side and move into the top three favorites as the others crumble.
3) The campaign will gain another 20,000 volunteers between the 17th Dec and the 3rd Jan as geometric growth kicks in.
4) He will raise another 5-8-million in the last two weeks of the campaign before Jan 3rd.
5) The campaign will be covered 24/7 by the off-line media.
6) Sean Hannity and George Stephanopconfused will lose their permagrins as the grim reality sets in.
7) NH will be flooded with RP people getting out the Independent vote etc.

I think you get the picture.
Push everything else to second and third priority.
Only push one date..the 16th and make History.

Oh, yeah, FRANK? That's right...**** YOU.

sroll2237
11-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Oh, yeah, FRANK? That's right...**** YOU.

haha, excelent.

ronpaul4pres
11-11-2007, 12:46 AM
In my county, Democrats outnumber Republicans 2 to 1. In fact, I'm a converted Democrat. I'd like to see more topics on converting non-Republicans for the primary. Given that so few participate in primaries, I think we have a very good chance to "upset" the Republicans who think they're leading.

One of the biggest issues that seems to get people interested in Ron Paul is his stance on the Iraq war. For me, I was was initially interested in Ron Paul by his stance on money and his continued statements that the Federal Reserve creates money out of nothing. I like his honesty, principals, and suggestions on solving our nation's problems.