PDA

View Full Version : Breathe.

abstrusezincate
01-03-2012, 11:00 PM
One month ago, if you had heard Ron Paul was going to get over 20% in Iowa, you would have been giddy.

Furthermore, if you knew the race was going to be whittled down to facing a Massachusetts moderate who has been pro-choice, pro-Tarp, and created the model for Obama care, and a Senator who was so hated in his own state that he lost by 20 points, who was voted the most corrupt member in Congress, would you be unhappy?

Yes, Ron finished third. He was hit with the worst the media had, and he still had 20%. That is not a ceiling. It is a floor. And we will build upward.

The economy is the number one issue in America. We're facing two big spending, social program creating, Washington lobbying answering insiders. On the economy, we have the best platform. Play to it and we win.

The supporters did well. The campaign did well. The media, the establishment, and everyone else will try to knock this movement down. They are counting on you getting demoralized. Don't.

We finished third in Iowa, first among independents, an electable option. We will finish second in New Hampshire, everyone will take their shots at Mitt and we will close the margin. Then, having closed the gap, and with momentum, we go to South Carolina. Romney will be fatally wounded from the attacks. Santorum, Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, all fighting for the conservative votes again. And us.

We can win SC. If we do that, we can win anywhere.

Keep faith people. Tonight was a good night. Liberty is the message. The fight is eternal. And I don't know about you, but I want nothing more than to see those smug pundits and know-it-alls eat their words.

We will do this. Forward.

Bruno
01-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Need Pink Floyd youtube

Paulitics 2011
01-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Now this is a good post. No blind optimism, and no defeatism either.

mport1
01-03-2012, 11:20 PM
+rep. Great post.

botounami
01-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I'll be there.

RickyJ
Win or lose the fight must go on!

Quitting isn't an option!

ShaneEnochs
For Liberty!

Carehn
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Win or lose the fight must go on!

Quitting isn't an option!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdsPpt_CaHs

abstrusezincate
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
I worked for the campaign in 2007. Back then, it was just blind optimism. We have a real chance here, and I don't want to see it wasted because people feel sorry for themselves. The votes are there.

Truth is, we had a very good ground game tonight. When it is all said and done, Ron will probably get the most votes at the Convention floor out of Iowa, thanks to understanding the process. On the only score that counts, we're winning!

Vote for vote, Hillary Clinton beat Barack Obama, but he gamed the process and won by taking blue delegates from red states. We're running his campaign in reverse, and we can take red delegates from blue states. When we have primaries in big states, and independents cross over, think of how many votes we can have. California. New York. It goes on.

What we can't become is complacent or defeatist. And as the field gets smaller, the choice becomes clearer, and sooner or later it'll be us against one or two establishment soundbyte figures.

If I'm the campaign, I like my odds. Yeah, a win would have been better tonight, but now the pressure will be focused on Romney and on Santorum. And honestly, that's just where I'd want it.