PDA

View Full Version : Perry will Return to Texas and Assess Moving Forward

coffeewithgames
01-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Just in his speech tonight, still talking, but sounds like he may consider dropping out now. Interesting.

AlexG
01-03-2012, 10:59 PM
noooo dont come back to texas

raider4paul
01-03-2012, 11:00 PM
I'll comfort his daughter...

Philadelphia76
01-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Just in his speech tonight, still talking, but sounds like he may consider dropping out now. Interesting.

Put a fork in him...

UtahApocalypse
01-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Yep... he is done. you could tell by the tone and wording of the speech

JPriest91
01-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Honestly I'll tell you, he was a big threat here in SC. This is good news.

green73
01-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Endorse Paul! Come on, you can do it!

colbyhowell
01-03-2012, 11:03 PM
I can guarantee you he endorses Ron Paul. The Texan/Fed/States rights will lean to Ron. He respects Ron. An endorsement would do a lot for his image here in Texas as well.

Eric21ND
01-03-2012, 11:07 PM
He will drop out now.

freneticentropy
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I can guarantee you he endorses Ron Paul. The Texan/Fed/States rights will lean to Ron. He respects Ron. An endorsement would do a lot for his image here in Texas as well.

Talking heads on MSNBC were saying Perry would wait to see who's going to win, and endorse them in order to further his own political career. Though, ideologically he should endorse Paul. He was talking about the 10th amendment in his promotional speech at the caucus. He's talked about the Fed and cutting departments. Seems logical to endorse Paul, if he has the slightest bit of integrity.

bronxboy10
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM

I sure hope so. I also hope he does this before South Carolina. I have my doubts though.

VictorB
01-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Isn't he allowed to transfer funds to another candidate if he drops out?

eduardo89
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Isn't he allowed to transfer funds to another candidate if he drops out?

Yes.

Paulitics 2011
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Don't count on it, guys.

Badger Paul
01-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Buh-bye!

RKoho
01-03-2012, 11:28 PM
During one of the debates he thanked Ron for teaching him about the Federal Reserve so maybe he will endorse.

gyrmnix
01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Talking heads on MSNBC were saying Perry would wait to see who's going to win, and endorse them in order to further his own political career. Though, ideologically he should endorse Paul. He was talking about the 10th amendment in his promotional speech at the caucus. He's talked about the Fed and cutting departments. Seems logical to endorse Paul, if he has the slightest bit of integrity.

I've always held that as far as fiscal conservatism goes, Perry was the second choice in this group. Who else is talking about real cuts to the size of government (other than Paul, of course)?

MozoVote
01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
If Perry had beat Gingrich tonight, I think he'd have sounded like he had more fight in him. It really is a lot of work to run for president and he is still a sitting governor that would be distracted by hard races in South Carolina and Florida.

Who knows, he may stay in, but normally a candidate that wants to continue does not leave any ambiguity about it. Even Mitt Romney sounded like he wanted to keep going after Super Tuesday 2008 ... yet he chose gracefully to withdraw a few days later at CPAC.

I would NOT count on Perry endorsing Ron. I think he will be coy with his endorsement and wait for a two man race to emerge, then endorse the one that appears to have the momentum and GOP insider support.

bronxboy10
01-03-2012, 11:30 PM
During one of the debates he thanked Ron for teaching him about the Federal Reserve so maybe he will endorse.

Plus, I sense that Perry strongly dislikes Romney based on their exchanges in the debates.

jsem
01-03-2012, 11:32 PM
He should see that RP is the only one with the infrastructure to take on Romney in the long haul, BUT his Texas lobbyists friends aren't going to like Paul.

Paul doesn't bail out, doesn't give out free money.

coffeewithgames
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
How about some letters to his campaign?
Something like, "Dear Gov. Perry, It sickened me to see the media completely ignoring your campaign in the final month/weeks, while pushing the liberal Rick Santorum on us. I was hoping for a different outcome, but it is what it is, and I think the media bares a lot of the blame for these results. America is in a lot of trouble, and when I heard you mention in one debate the book Currency Wars, it really helped open my eyes to the real issues we are facing."

If/when he drops out officially, we can perhaps put a plug in for RP.

VanBummel
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
The odds aren't good, but if I had to judge from the last month alone, there is a decent chance that Perry could endorse Paul, especially after what he said about the FED. I can't see him endorsing Romney after their bad blood, and who else is left that can make it?

Feelgood
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
The GOP masters will not allow Perry to endorse Ron. Are you guys even serious?

Zarn Solen
01-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Perry was the one candidate that seemed to change throughout the primary process. It seemed he was allowing himself to become educated by Paul.

I don't know if that is a true change or a publicity stunt, but it definitely caught my attention. I think the Bilderberg group saw him as a useful idiot. Hopefully, he continues to educate himself, so he can be more weary of such groups.

james1906
01-03-2012, 11:39 PM
He'll get behind Romney

MozoVote
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
I did too sense a little something from Perry during the campaign. I think he came to realize how many snakes are in the GOP heirarchy, and may even dislike Washington DC more today than starting out. You never know, even he may decide to go Independent someday.