PDA

View Full Version : Winning Iowa is NOT crucial to RP2012 success

ZanZibar
01-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Keep in mind...

Winning Iowa is NOT crucial to Ron Paul's chances of winning the Republican nomination. The Campaign has a long-term strategy based around gaining delegates to the RNC Convention. Remember Huckabee won Iowa last time and DIDN'T win the nomination. Also remember McCain didn't do as well as RP did in Iowa and wont the nomination.

It ain't over til it's over! :D

eduardo89
01-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Better hope so. Or else I'm calling for Matt collin's resignation and public flogging.

pauliticalfan
01-03-2012, 10:53 PM
New Hampshire bucked Iowa in 2008 big time. They could do the same this time.

Carole
01-03-2012, 11:00 PM
^This

And folks, just think, Iowa had Santorum for a year and never bothered to research him. They were easy prey for the MSM to manipulate and corral. I cannot imagine any other state, and especially New Hampshire, supporting Santorum with all his known stereotypes, prejudices, etc. even before actually getting into his real baggage, his record and dishonesty.

On to New Hampshire.

lucent
01-03-2012, 11:03 PM
I am curious how New Hampshire will react. We are already in 2nd according to PPP. This 3rd place finish could boost our percentage a good amount. The object here is to narrow down the field to just Mitt and Ron. Iowa effectively got rid of everyone below Ron. The media won't even like talking about Ron, not alone people below him because then they would have to talk about Ron.

Aratus
01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Matt Collins --- do you agree with Zanzibar? Are we all better off than we think we are? Say something!!!

LibertyIn08
01-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I am curious how New Hampshire will react. We are already in 2nd according to PPP. This 3rd place finish could boost our percentage a good amount. The object here is to narrow down the field to just Mitt and Ron. Iowa effectively got rid of everyone below Ron. The media won't even like talking about Ron, not alone people below him because then they would have to talk about Ron.

Yup. Santorum has no shot in NH, so we should have a good chance to rally for 2nd there.

newbitech
01-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Santorum needs to be stopped before S.C. He'll have the same people voting for him there. Romney will flop in S.C. this is what the Perry campaign is looking at. Florida, eesshh.. That may swing things back in favor of Romney. I think we should see Ron Paul trying to bring Santorum down a peg. I don't want to see another Huckabee type take the "honest vote" off of Ron Paul this time around.

SWATH
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM
CNN just had a new poll since the results came out, they are saying Santorum is surging there now. Take these frauds down!

eduardo89
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Matt Collins --- do you agree with Zanzibar? Are we all better off than we think we are? Say something!!!

I wonder if napoleon's shadow agrees.

Muwahid
01-03-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm just gonna jump on the Iowa doesn't matter bandwagon :toady: the media was right

Aratus
01-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Matt Collins! Where are you? You clearly know a few more things than does our ever lovin' zany Zanzibar
and your silence on this is disquieting in light of what it would take to close the poll gap in New Hampshire!

amy31416
01-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Keep in mind...

Winning Iowa is NOT crucial to Ron Paul's chances of winning the Republican nomination. The Campaign has a long-term strategy based around gaining delegates to the RNC Convention. Remember Huckabee won Iowa last time and DIDN'T win the nomination. Also remember McCain didn't do as well as RP did in Iowa and wont the nomination.

It ain't over til it's over! :D

Would you just stop it? This whole charade is antithetical to RP's candidacy.

Feelgood
01-03-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm so tired already of the McCain/Paul comparisons. If even you guys can't see the difference and understand it, what chance do we have?

braane
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm just gonna jump on the Iowa doesn't matter bandwagon :toady: the media was right
LOL

J_White
01-03-2012, 11:48 PM
dont speculate, media can do a lot,
when they see Santorum taking Iowa, things can change.
Huntsman surge is also coming soon.
So it will be the race between Mitt, Paul, Santorum and Huntsman there.
tough but doable.

Danke
01-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Better hope so. Or else I'm calling for Matt collin's resignation and public flogging.

You have to wait?

Thurifer
01-04-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm so tired already of the McCain/Paul comparisons. If even you guys can't see the difference and understand it, what chance do we have?

Exactly. McCain was the establishment pick, Ron is not.

Aratus
01-04-2012, 12:29 AM
YO! MATT COLLINs!!!