PDA

View Full Version : Question? Who P-offed The Ron Paul girl Liv?

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 12:35 PM
I was going to e-mail her to ask for a film promoting the the Tea-party fund-raiser and came across this on her site:

Here's a little video I made promoting Ron Paul's record-setting 5th of November fundraising drive. In the week leading up to 11/5, more than 50,000 people watched this video, so I am very proud to feel as though I was a meaningful part of this history-making event (even if the people behind the 5th of November site have since made the bizarre decision to distance themselves from me and offer no public recognition for my contribution on the grounds that some people might be offended by my underwear vids. Uh... I thought libertarians were AGAINST censorship...?).

:o

EDIT: SHE has been catching a lot of flack from SOMEONE? If you go to her site, you get the feel that the Pat Robertsons of the world have moved in to her apartment or at least down the hall..... link http://www.livfilms.blogspot.com/

constituent
11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
sounds like obamadrama to me

jaumen
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah that's not terribly cool.

Mattsa
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I was going to e-mail her to ask for a film promoting the the Tea-party fund-raiser and came across this on her site:

Here's a little video I made promoting Ron Paul's record-setting 5th of November fundraising drive. In the week leading up to 11/5, more than 50,000 people watched this video, so I am very proud to feel as though I was a meaningful part of this history-making event (even if the people behind the 5th of November site have since made the bizarre decision to distance themselves from me and offer no public recognition for my contribution on the grounds that some people might be offended by my underwear vids. Uh... I thought libertarians were AGAINST censorship...?).

I'm shocked how puritanical some of you god fearing folk are in America

These people need to lighten up for Fekk's sake

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Obamadrama......VERY funny. Like that!

Do you think we should try to get her to do something newsworthy about the Teaparty so maybe some of the news shows might start pulling on it a little more?

hard@work
11-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm shocked how puritanical some of you god fearing folk are in America

These people need to lighten up for Fekk's sake

I think the real issue is that Liv is not used to the volatile and dynamic nature of the American public. There will always be criticism, sometimes harsh and I am sure if she has not expected that. Fame comes with a price and I hope she focuses on the admirers of her work over those who detract from it and who lash out. Her work is incredibly inspirational.

DjLoTi
11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Sounds like she just needs a cool boyfriend like me to tell everyone else to **** off

Ron Paul Fan
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
What's the problem here? They didn't give her public recognition for helping out a cause she believes strongly in? Boo hoo! What exactly were they supposed to do? There will always be naysayers and critics. Hard@work is exactly right! Maybe we should hear the other side of the story before we jump to conclusions!

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 12:45 PM
"offer no public recognition for my contribution"

HUH?! Why do you want public recognition? This is being egoistic. This is not about you Liv, neither is this about Trevor. It's about Ron Paul.

nullvalu
11-09-2007, 12:46 PM
She got 50,000 views on the video and she's complaining? hmm..

Oh well, let it slide..

BTW I know I seen a part of one of her videos on CNN i think during a Ron Paul segment.. I'd say thats some pretty good public recognition..

moonbat
11-09-2007, 12:47 PM
What a load of crap. I for one appreciate everything Liv has done to help spread the word and I certainly hope she continues with her efforts.

hard@work

HUH?! Why do you want public recognition? This is being egoistic. This is not about you Liv, neither is this about Trevor. It's about Ron Paul.

Actually it's a bit of a slap in the face for her hard work and effort as well. Her viral videos are a huge success for us. And some recognition is due. Nothing sucks more than helping out with your volunteer time only to be ignored for your contributions.

IMO - let's give her that respect.

maiki
wasn't she featured negatively on one of the recent Ron Paul segments?

navi
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
What's wrong with her? No one is obligated to give her the light of day.

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Sounds more like she felt kicked out for her clothing or unclothed displays before she became involved with Rp??

American
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
She did do alot but her underwear vids was for recognition to her own movies. I dont think anything short of saying it was all because of her the 5th of November was a success would she be happy.

I like Liv, she did a great job promoting RP in her vids. We all know that, she did get major air time on CNN ffs.

GHoeberX
Actually it's a bit of a slap in the face for her hard work and effort as well. Her viral videos are a huge success for us. And some recognition is due. Nothing sucks more than helping out with your volunteer time only to be ignored for your contributions.

IMO - let's give her that respect.

A lot of people worked hard for this. I think you and Liv don't realize there have been hundreds of people who have been doing as much as her to make this a success.

Really, I respect and value her contributions but she shouldn't start acting like a popstar now.

sylvania
You know, if she needs to be thanked, I'll thank her. I don't really care. Some people thrive on public praise. If she needs it, she'll get it from me. I like her videos and I think she helps the cause.

nullvalu
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
wasn't she featured negatively on one of the recent Ron Paul segments?

No I don't think it was negatively - they were just showing some of the supporter videos and showed the part where she took of her shirt to reveal the Ron Paul baby doll T..

Ninja Homer
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Flower bomb for Liv? Out of all the people who have been flower bombed, I think she deserves it as much or more.

moonbat
11-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Flower bomb for Liv? Out of all the people who have been flower bombed, I think she deserves it as much or more.

Yup I agree

nullvalu
11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
You know, I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask - why should we single out one person's efforts? We've all contributed quite a bit..

Admit it - you just want to send her flowers cuz you want to get all up on her. :D

nbhadja
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Heck most people don't even know much about the guy who organized the whole thing. Thanks go out to her for her work though. Plus being on CNN is pretty good.

happyphilter
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
We all contribute what we can with the expectation we will not get recognition. Since when was this ever about the individual?
I agree she has done a lot, but its not our fault she doesn't get the recognition she thinks she deserves.

Mortikhi
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
S
BTW I know I seen a part of one of her videos on CNN i think during a Ron Paul segment.. I'd say thats some pretty good public recognition..
yep me too. I saw her on CNN and MSNBC

wbbgjr
11-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Just wanted to remind people to help out a fellow RP supporter and to check out Liv's films on metacafe .

I know that youtube is sometimes more convenient, but metacafe actually pays her for every view.

http://www.metacafe.com/channels/Liv+Films/

Mr. White
Guys, try readin what she said again. I don't think she wants recognition, I think she was hurt by the distancing and disassociatio. She's entitled to feel a little betrayed there and I would to. I'd imagine there were some emails sent back and forht that we're not seeing. Just sit back rather than immediately consider her to be a whiny diva.

Original_Intent
Liv has been an asset, and I think she has done a great job.

But so have a lot of other people and demanding public recognition of said contribution is off the mark imo.

I know of people here in Utah that have been doing anywhere from 20-40 hours of HARD work per week for Ron Paul since last May (I am not one of them, I have been involved since then but not to that level). I am sure there are multitudes others spread across the country.

Frankly, the people who have been putting in the long hard hours and perservered back when there did not to appear to be any "risk of Ron Paul actually getting elected" are the ones that should have statues erected and future generations are probably going to owe these people their freedom.

nullvalu
We all contribute what we can with the expectation we will not get recognition. Since when was this ever about the individual?
I agree she has done a lot, but its not our fault she doesn't get the recognition she thinks she deserves.

Agreed.

But Liv, in case you're reading this thread - Thank you - you're doing an awesome job. We're all doing an awesome job. k?

FSP-Rebel
11-09-2007, 01:00 PM
W/ all the chipins for ads in the work + the coming money bombs I think that this would be a waste of money. This campaign is not a rehearsal for American Idol, however I do think she's served a good purpose. She's played her niche just like many many others have played theirs. I, for one, like her videos and hope she'll make more. But egos and attitudes are juvenile, and are not on the priority list for the continual advancement of this campaign.

hard@work
A lot of people worked hard for this. I think you and Liv don't realize there have been hundreds of people who have been doing as much as her to make this a success.

Really, I respect and value her contributions but she shouldn't start acting like a popstar now.

I understand just fine. It's what you do not understand about people's contributions that concerns me. And I have yet to see hundreds of people with her production quality, image, and benefit offered to the grassroots efforts. I think you are way out of line there. While there are 100's perhaps 1000's who have put in as much if not more effort with their time yes, but Liv is a very very special person in all of this as far as our viral marketing efforts go.

You guys can boo hoo this all you want. Bottom line is Liv needs thanks, she needs it from us, she needs to from a lot of us, and she needs it now. If one of us is working hard and is feeling a little down you can be apathetic and condescending about it or you can be a big person about it and help them stand back up. And have a little empathy for someone that feels slighted and left out. How many of you forum posters are publishing high quality well thought out content like RP girl? In fact, why aren't you emailing her to cheer up and stay humble if that's how you truly feel?

Sounds like you're just as happy to condescend to her for wanting a little appreciation as you are to celebrate her success for the campaign.

Minlawc
Well it's not exactly about censorship, I think they have a right if they want to distance themselves. Her November 5th video wasn't bad though, I don't remember seeing a problem with it.

I just hope it doesn't turn her off of promoting any other events.:D

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM

It's all about the Paul-man. :)

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Just wanted to remind people to help out a fellow RP supporter and to check out Liv's films on metacafe .

I know that youtube is sometimes more convenient, but metacafe actually pays her for every view.

http://www.metacafe.com/channels/Liv+Films/

She earned $9,414 with her videos.

Besides, she calls herself "Ron Paul Girl". Did Ron Paul give her that title or did she take it copying "Obama Girl"? If SHE decided to call herself "Ron Paul Girl" isn't it her 'duty' to promote Ron Paul?

Or does she think that if she had called herself Liv, she also had generated that much attention and money?

sylvania
11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
I think flowers is a bit much. I won't be sending flowers to Liv or to the guy who posted the video promoting $100 on November 5th before there was ever a website - and thankfully, he doesn't seem slighted by his lack of recognition.

But, I will send her a nice e-mail thanking her for her work. I'd like her to keep promoting Ron Paul. She gets lots of views, too. If she likes thank-yous, well, she'll get one from me. It never hurts to be nice. And as my mother used to say, it's not that hard just to be nice.

If you want to send one, too, great. If not, don't.

Here's her e-mail address:

livfilms@gmail.com

nullvalu
11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
She earned $9,414 with her videos.

Besides, she calls herself "Ron Paul Girl". Did Ron Paul give her that title or did she take it copying "Obama Girl"? If SHE decided to call herself "Ron Paul Girl" isn't it her 'duty' to promote Ron Paul?

Or does she think that if she had called herself Liv, she also had generated that much attention and money?

Well, all due respect regarding that to her - that's all her videos, not just the Ron Paul stuff.. She made $200-something on her most recent "great moments" video..

Naraku
11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Ron Paul gets support from racists, anarchists, communists, and wants to legalize prostitution and drugs.

Who criticized Liv's support because of her underwear vids?

misconstrued
11-09-2007, 01:07 PM

Sure, but where do we send them?

I think she does deserve recognition. She has contributed a lot to the campaign.

Naraku
11-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I hope it's not true that there are Paul supporters criticizing her over her videos after what she's done. I think that's a problem.

iloveronpaul
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I think flowers is a bit much. I won't be sending flowers to Liv or to the guy who posted the video promoting $100 on November 5th before there was ever a website - and thankfully, he doesn't seem slighted by his lack of recognition.

But, I will send her a nice e-mail thanking her for her work. I'd like her to keep promoting Ron Paul. She gets lots of views, too. If she likes thank-yous, well, she'll get one from me. It never hurts to be nice. And as my mother used to say, it's not that hard just to be nice.

If you want to send one, too, great. If not, don't.

Here's her e-mail address:

livfilms@gmail.com

Well said.

hard@work
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Absolutely she contributed. Her videos are a huge success. Shame on you people for not recognizing this and shame on you for your chastising her for being pushed away by the people she helped.

Badger Paul
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Liv, if no one has said thank you to you let me be the first. Your videos are awesome, very well done.

fletcher
11-09-2007, 01:15 PM
What does she mean by not recognizing her? She gets thanked every time she comes around her. What more does she want?

Ron Paul Fan
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Absolutely she contributed. Her videos are a huge success. Shame on you people for not recognizing this and shame on you for your chastising her for being pushed away by the people she helped.

Shame on you! What are we supposed to do? I think her videos are great and I'll also send her an email thanking her for her contributions. But I don't think it's my recognition that she's looking for! I'm not gonna tell people how to run their website or who they should give recognition to. We all contributed and should be praised. The only person who we should care about getting public recognition for this is Ron Paul.

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM

I think everybody recognizes her contribution, but I think people also know we shouldn't exaggerate it like she's Obama girl.

NinjaPirate
11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Guys, try readin what she said again. I don't think she wants recognition, I think she was hurt by the distancing and disassociatio. She's entitled to feel a little betrayed there and I would to. I'd imagine there were some emails sent back and forht that we're not seeing. Just sit back rather than immediately consider her to be a whiny diva.

Read the bold fonts. :p Who is distancing?? Did she get some nasty-grams??

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I'll summarize the whole topic in one clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_NAfD1Lp4I

My reply:
Leave Trevor alone!

Mrossca
11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Send the girl a ton of flowers. She deserves it.

Mani
11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Liv rocks...

'Nuff said.

francisco
11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I think Liv had a very positive effect on the Nov. 5th publicity, and wrote the following to her on her youtube channel.

"Liv,

I want to give you full recognition for your efforts to help elect Ron Paul as our next president.

In particular I think that your video supporting the amazingly successful November 5th fundraising played an important role. When I learned that a video from you was forthcoming for that effort I had eager anticipation and you did not disappoint; it was thoughtful, clever, entertaining, and EFFECTIVE. I noticed, and I am sure others did as well, that the pledge rate to the Nov.5th site increased immediately after it was released.

I am just an ordinary ( meaning enthusiastic!) Ron Paul supporter not connected with the Nov. 5th website or the official campaign, but I wanted you to hear this. I read an allusion on another site that some of the Nov. 5th organizers have distanced themselves somewhat from you over concern that some of your other more risque videos showing your undies might hurt the campaign now that it is gaining attention in the mainstream media. (Just for the record, you are very cute and I sure don't object to any of your cheesecake images!)

If that distancing is true, I hope you can understand their behavior in the context of them also wanting to advance the cause of Dr. Paul's freedom message and I hope you will not become disillusioned or withdraw your supportive efforts.

I for one hope that you continue using your talents to further the Ron Paul cause, and I hope you can have a meeting of the minds with the December 16th folks and play a role in that effort as well. I have a gut feeling that the Tea Party fundraising just might make November 5th look puny, and be an incredible lauchpad to the first primaries. "

ConstitutionGal
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
As a woman, I must say that I didn't exactly find her underwear vid very appealing although a couple of her other vids were pretty darned good. Having gotten that out of the way, I'm sorry she feel's somehow slighted but, the fact of the matter is, none of the rest of us are profitting in any way from our support of Dr. Paul other than maybe what a Ron Paul presidency may bring in prosperity for our Nation. For Liv to even be remotely expecting praise or recognition for her part in this Revolution is, IMHO, immature and selfish.

leipo
11-09-2007, 01:45 PM
As a woman, I must say that I didn't exactly find her underwear vid very appealing although a couple of her other vids were pretty darned good.

Well as a guy i didn't find it very appealing either.

constitutional
11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
She says she did not get enough exposure/recognition?

She just lost some credibility for that. The person behind 5th of November never came out and stated his real name or anything. He wasn't even mention on any news channel. HE DID NOT EVEN ASK FOR DONATION TO RUN THE SITE. We acknowledge liv's effort on nov 5th. BUT what more does she need? She even posted her videos on metacafe so she could earn $$$ and told us not to upload it to youtube.

So liv, we like you but you are asking for too much. And yes, you underwear is not helping the campaign. It will turn off most voters. Most voters are above age 50. So don't like being criticize? Get used to it, you are using RP's name to earn those hits.

leipo
11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
She says she did not get enough exposure/recognition?

She just lost some credibility. The person behind 5th of November never came out and stated his real name or anything. He wasn't even mention on any news channel. HE DID NOT EVEN ASK FOR DONATION TO RUN THE SITE. We acknowledge liv's effort on nov 5th. BUT what more does she need? She even posted her videos on metacafe so she could earn $$$ and told us not to upload it to youtube.

So liv, we like you but you are asking for too much. And yes, you underwear is not helping the campaign. It will turn off most voters. Most voters are above age 50. So don't like being criticize? Get used to it, you are using RP's name to earn those hits.

It's not like she posts here herself. It's her manager that created the account.

nbhadja
11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
100% agreed. Her myspace says she is trying to build up a Hollywood career, maybe this is why she wants attention.

KewlRonduderules
11-09-2007, 01:53 PM

EDIT: SHE has been catching a lot of flack from SOMEONE? If you go to her site, you get the feel that the Pat Robertsons of the world have moved in to her apartment or at least down the hall..... link http://www.livfilms.blogspot.com/

Hmmmm... being on the internet for so long, it is surprising to hear she would respond this way- feeling very hurt. I find the underwear thing kinda odd too- who on earth would do this?

Regardless, part of me wonders if there was self-promotion in these videos - to sell her image and name. And when that did not happen, she felt hurt and is now angry that she did not get the attention she felt she was entitled to.

Only thing I can say too that is- sorry you feel hurt.

But all this is a grassroots effort. I donate my thoughts and ideas but am not really looking for name recognition. I just want Dr. Paul in office.

:cool:

Dave Wood
11-09-2007, 01:53 PM
You all have to visit her page yourselves before you pass judgement

http://www.livfilms.blogspot.com/

It isnt recognition she was talking about, apparently some think she is a BAD example for RP???

Her manager opened the account??????? HUH? The girl aint that rich!

francisco
11-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Also please note that there were no undies displayed at all in the Nov. 5th video.

Danny Molina
11-09-2007, 02:15 PM
NO RP supporter should be giving her crap. Liv helped get media attention for RP when we were all dying for some.

Thanks Liv.

DrNoZone
11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll summarize the whole topic in one clip:

My reply:
Leave Trevor alone!

Lol! That was some funny shit. Anyone who took this seriously is a tool and apparently has never heard of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAr9E8i3ng

rockwell
11-09-2007, 02:29 PM
hold on, an actress behaving dramatically- are you sure?

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 02:29 PM

+1

Yes, instead of sending flowers where they are not wanted, it might make more sense to send them where they ARE wanted and earned. One of our own supporters.

Syren123
11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
What's wrong with her? No one is obligated to give her the light of day.

Either give of yourself freely...or save it. If it's recognition and glory you want...send your underwear videos to MTV.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Ask her anyway. She's one of us.

Syren123
11-09-2007, 02:37 PM
100% agreed. Her myspace says she is trying to build up a Hollywood career, maybe this is why she wants attention.

Could be.:o

terlinguatx
11-09-2007, 02:39 PM
we should've sent her flowers

Bryan
11-09-2007, 02:45 PM
A few quick notes:

Liv is a member of this forum, assure everyone understands the forum guidelines (things have been good so far):
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Liv:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=4278

FWIW, this forum featured her video on the top of the homepage for over three of our busiest days leading up to Nov 5th and on most of the 5th. We even linked the Metacafe version so I hope it helped. :)

tmg19103
11-09-2007, 02:49 PM
If Liv was and is seeking to suport RP from her heart, than she has my heartfelt thanks.

However, supporting any political candidate is tough. Politics is tough. I have been badmouthed many a time handing out RP literature in public or on other forums where I am just politely supporting RP. It comes with the territory and you take it with a grain of salt.

Now, how do I get by with the attacks and personal slights that have occured while I support Ron Paul? Well, it does not bother me because I am in it for the greater message and for getting RP elected. I desire no glory and I understand that RP is not for everyone (though he should be!). I have had the opprtunity, if I wanted to push it, to get some bigtime recognition within the Ron Paul community, but I have stepped aside and let those with agendas for their own glory fight for notoriety. You will see a lot of that in any political campaign. My focus is on doing everything I can to get RP elected. If my focus were for glory or money, then I would not be doing everything I could to get RP elected.

If Liv was in this just to enhance her career and/or to pump up her ego, then she gets no sympathy from me. If she truly supports RP, she will turn a blind eye to complaints that may come from RP supporters, but they may also come from those from another campaign pretending to be an RP supporter.

I truly hope Liv is in this for RP and not for her own personal agendas. Time will tell as we go forward, and again Liv, you have my thanks for everything you have done so far.

KewlRonduderules
11-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey everybody!!!

It's a spoof!!! It's a joke!!! it is not serious!!! Take a look here:

Ncturnal
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Also please note that there were no undies displayed at all in the Nov. 5th video.

Maybe that's the problem? :D

My only complaint is she lives too far away. Distancing myself from Liv is the last thing I'd want to do. ;)

Revolution9
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Goddamned ~church ladies~. Rah fucking rah and bomb the shiite out of Urack and Iram..save Israilroaded from the Malicetimians, blloodshed, gore and torn bodies, families ripped asunder and that is OK..shut my mouth and praise the lard. But heaven forbid a vivacious young butt or beautiful face sully the great American culturescape without this set of lubriciously denied tarts opening their scrawny pinched yap to issue decrees of subjective morality and censorship of the divine female beauty.. What a farce. These relics of a bygone 18th century puritanical Victorian morality when there was no protection against the simplest of VD and moral stricture was the daily course of protection, need to be ignored and the vitality of the culture of life, beauty and intelligence return in vivaciousness. Liberty means nothing in dull grey. Liberty is not monolithic but full spectrum.

Let's see here.. Censor speech. Censor Art. Censor symbology. Censor the human form. Find disgust in natural acts. Cover the divne form. Hide the truth. Look like this. Don't do that. Do only what I do. We must be monolithic. Then vote for Ron Paul because a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for freedom and liberty. A vote for Ron Paul means you will finally get left the fuck alone.. Except for the ~church ladies~ who will pummel you for the next eight years with their support they begrudgingly gave regardless of all you recalcitrant sinners amongst the shady and criminally perverse lot of ya..:eek::D You WILL be reformed. The church ladies pwn ur slack.

Best Of Regards
Randy

Mark
11-09-2007, 03:25 PM

Will y'all get a room please..

enough!!!

Write the girl a letter already..

and drop it will ya..

how much time have y'all WASTED on this..

geez..

There IS a 'chat room' ya know..

American
11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Goddamned ~church ladies~. Rah fucking rah and bomb the shiite out of Urack and Iram..save Israilroaded from the Malicetimians, blloodshed, gore and torn bodies, families ripped asunder and that is OK..shut my mouth and praise the lard. But heaven forbid a vivacious young butt or beautiful face sully the great American culturescape without this set of lubriciously denied tarts opening their scrawny pinched yap to issue decrees of subjective morality and censorship of the divine female beauty.. What a farce. These relics of a bygone 18th century puritanical Victorian morality when there was no protection against the simplest of VD and moral stricture was the daily course of protection, need to be ignored and the vitality of the culture of life, beauty and intelligence return in vivaciousness. Liberty means nothing in dull grey. Liberty is not monolithic but full spectrum.

Let's see here.. Censor speech. Censor Art. Censor symbology. Censor the human form. Find disgust in natural acts. Cover the divne form. Hide the truth. Look like this. Don't do that. Do only what I do. We must be monolithic. Then vote for Ron Paul because a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for freedom and liberty. A vote for Ron Paul means you will finally get left the fuck alone.. Except for the ~church ladies~ who will pummel you for the next eight years with their support they begrudgingly gave regardless of all you recalcitrant sinners amongst the shady and criminally perverse lot of ya..:eek::D You WILL be reformed. The church ladies pwn ur slack.

Best Of Regards
Randy

Damn, pretty harsh.

Free speech means free speech for everyone, including the ~church ladies~ while some dont see this to be true its the free speech that RP stands for that will give possibly "prayer in school" and Liv to make videos of what she want to.

NinjaPirate
11-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Update!
---------------------------------------------

First of all, I want to say a big thank you to all of the people who have written to me in the past couple of days to tell me that they appreciated my efforts on behalf of the Ron Paul campaign. Your overwhelming show of support and encouragement has meant more to me than you can imagine!

I also wanted to clarify what I had written here earlier, as I think there may have been a bit of a misunderstanding. I really want to stress that I am as thrilled as anyone with the success of the November 5th fundraising drive, and I think that absolutely everyone involved should be as proud as I am to have been a part of it. I have absolutely no regrets about having done my part to support what turned out to be quite a historic accomplishment. So while I may not make any more videos about future fund drives, I will continue to personally donate to them and hope that everyone else will as well. At a time when the Ron Paul movement seems to be gaining in both size and momentum, the last thing we need is for internal squabbling to undermine our amazing progress.

So let me just quickly clear up whatever confusion there was as to why I was upset, and then I hope we can all consider the issue to be closed:

A few weeks prior to 11/5, I was contacted by the main organizer of the 5th of November drive and asked to make a video raising awareness for it. His suggestion: that I do one wearing a Guy Fawkes mask and underwear. His promise: that I would get a lot of exposure from being featured on the 5th of November website. I made a video (though not in my underwear), it got over 50,000 views in the week leading up to 11/5 and then...? On the big day, the video, link to my site, and, in fact, any mention of me whatsoever mysteriously disappeared from the website. It was explained to me a few days later that this had all been taken down because some people had emailed and complained that they were offended by some of my underwear videos that I have on my blog, and the decision had been made to quietly distance themselves from me in order to appease these people.

Now, I'm the first to admit that my videos are not for everyone and am perfectly understanding of the fact that some Ron Paul supporters prefer not to link to me. As many people have pointed out, one of the things that's great about the Ron Paul movement is the diversity of his supporters. Some of them don't like me. Honestly, I don't think I'd be doing my job right if everyone did.

But to commission a video from me, specifically requesting that I do it in my underwear, and then break the promise to get me exposure on the grounds that some people are offended by underwear vids? Come on! That's pretty lame, right??

Look, this isn't the worst thing in the world and I don't want anyone to think that I've soured on the idea of more Ron Paul videos or anything like that (on the contrary, I've got something up my sleeve that's going to be the best thing ever... just you wait!). I felt slighted, I posted something on my personal blog about it, and about a million really cool people wrote to me to cheer me up. So thank you once again, and let's forget all about this and concentrate on what's really important.

Ron Paul '08!

hard@work
11-10-2007, 03:16 AM
Man that is infuriating, but what can you do? I don't blame her for being jaded towards making more videos like that. But wow, we have lost a huge assett because of someone's hypocrasy.

Live and learn. I hope Liv keeps it going, she's made this battle a lot easier.

Eli
11-10-2007, 03:32 AM
i heard their menstruation attracts bears.

conner_condor
11-10-2007, 03:43 AM
I will never ever understand women. But I do know they do need attention. Not all the same attention all the time though. Certain situations require certain kind of attention.Women are very confusing again I must say.

Liv (AKA the Ron paul Girl)
11-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Holy cow! I had no idea that everyone was talking about my little blog post...

Thank you, NinjaPirate, for reposting my amendment.

In an effort to bring this to a close, I've since then amended my blog post one more time...

I don't want this issue to distract from anyone's attention to the campaign. My feelings were hurt, and I blogged about it. I've been in communication with the person in question, and I assure you that I'm over it and I hope that this will be the end of it.

Now, like I said, let's focus on what's really important:

Ron Paul '08!