PDA

View Full Version : rant

FriedChicken
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
So we started off with the Ames straw poll.

... We wanted first, the campaign wasn't doing anything to keep us busy so we had to come up with our own efforts.
Grassroots for Liberty was founded using RP2012.org to make identification calls to supporters in the Ames area.

The campaign waited until the system was up and operating, with a lot of money invested in it, to come out and tell everyone "DON'T DO THAT!!".
Remember the weeks filled with controversy where we were told to sit on our butts and not do anything when we had access to a perfectly good phone bank?

So then came phone from home months later. Too late, we lost by only a handful of votes.
I firmly believe that if the campaign would have allowed rp2012 to continue for those months before phone from home started without disrupting them with all the controversy ... we would have won that poll.
I also believe if the campaign had setup phone from home BEFORE rp2012 was setup we could have won it handily

So then the caucus ...

We, including even myself, completely abandon everything the campaign tells us to. People planning to travel to Iowa canceled their trips at the campaigns request. We have long since forgotten about RP2012 and continue to use phone from home.

so after spending so much of my time gathering important data for the campaign I see it all come down to the worse case scenario ... we take thousands of identified supporters and leave them TONS of voicemails and call them every 10 minutes. Everyone who made calls today spoke with at least one supporter who said they changed their mind just because of being endlessly pestered.

Ok. My rant is over.
and uh ... my participation might be too.