PDA

View Full Version : Problems/Ideas/Suggestions for www.teaparty07.com

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Not to be a pest but I think theres way to many threads for this topic. While they are finishing up getting the site to work 100% we should be noting what needs fixed. If we can get them all in one thread maybe it will be more efficient and we can get things accomplished. :cool:

Sematary
11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
countdown timer widget

ronpaulitician
11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Add option NOT to receive any e-mail updates.

CelestialRender
11-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Put up this video: http://www.youtube.com/v/KKC6RjLajdg&rel=1

sroll2237
11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I think you should put up the above video and take down the video from that movie "america: freedom to fascism." If we want this thing to be huge, we need to appeal to the mainstream. So, I think we should focus on Ron Paul and his message. That one video just has the feel of being kind of out there. I agree with it, BUT, I don't think it should be on the site. The one mentioned in the above post would be MUCH better.

sroll2237
11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I also agree with setting up a way so that people don't get emails if they don't want them. Also I think it would be good to mention that a donation of any type is important, and I think the "all in" would be sweet. Other than that, AWESOME site and I'm really excited, this is going to be HUGE!!

JordanL
11-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I think you should put up the above video and take down the video from that movie "america: freedom to fascism." If we want this thing to be huge, we need to appeal to the mainstream. So, I think we should focus on Ron Paul and his message. That one video just has the feel of being kind of out there. I agree with it, BUT, I don't think it should be on the site. The one mentioned in the above post would be MUCH better.

I agree... I specifically avoided language on my site which would be questionable to the republican base, because that's who we need to convince in order to win the primary.

Putting up "Bush = Devil" videos isn't going to win them over. Politely explaining why we need a different direction will suffice.

It should be a positive message, not a negative one. A negative message is what lost Kerry his campaign.

FunkBuddha
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
i agree with removing the Fredom to Facism flick... I'd hate for the MSM to look at it and see a "conspiracy" video.

i'd also like to see the total number of subscribers be updated more frequently.

can the owner of ronpaulgraphs.com be contacted to add a graph that could be put on his site and used on the teapary site as well?

ifthenwouldi
11-09-2007, 01:59 PM
The adjectival phrase "one day" should be hyphenated as "one-day" (i.e., the largest one-day donation).

Paul4Prez
11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Ron Paul should be featured a little more prominently, too.

Someone mentioned in another thread that it would be good to explain Ron Paul's position on inflation and monetary policy as well.

CelestialRender
11-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I think ronpaulgraphs will probably give the Tea Party the spot Nov 11th currently holds after the money bomb Sunday...which would be a good timeline for us to have centralized at teaparty07.com anyways, since there was a lot of confusion the last few days on where to organize.

sketch
11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah, AFTF has to go. I personally like the film, but for this event it has little relevance, is too long, can put off too many newcomers, etc. At the most I'd take out the Ron Paul interview and use that clip by itself.

I also suggest a broader introduction to his platform. The inflation tax is only one part of RP's message and Voter X can't define inflation, much less "inflation tax." Just the usual list of what RP has NEVER voted for is easy, to-the-point, and eye-opening to the average voter.

KewlRonduderules
11-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Not to be a pest but I think theres way to many threads for this topic. While they are finishing up getting the site to work 100% we should be noting what needs fixed. If we can get them all in one thread maybe it will be more efficient and we can get things accomplished. :cool:

• Someone noted that there is an issue of the text aligning properly with a Mac & Firefox browsers

• Ron Pauls name should be featured more prominently

• Removal of "Freedom To Fascism" video

• Quick links to ronpaullibrary, youtube vids, campaign website

• Add option to receive weekly, daily or no emails

• Add a counter for unique hits

• Add Countdown Timer Widget

• Add line that mentions "any donation is welcome on the 16th"

• Small scrolls with Ron Paul philosophies on them wrt taxes, foreign policy, economics

• Add "Ron Paul" by the "Tea Party 07" line

• Add this video: http://www.youtube.com/v/KKC6RjLajdg&rel=1

• The adjectival phrase "one day" should be hyphenated as "one-day"

keep em coming....

yeah, either explain the inflation tax or remove it. Most are not able to comprehend what that means.

:)

max
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
get rid of that stuff about protesting "the inflation tax"...

nobody knows what that means...

make this anti-high taxes...anti-corruption..and anti-war theme

Colin
11-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I think the "inflation tax" part should be changed to a general anti-tax message. I don't even think it should be explained as some have suggested -- just removed. We should lead with his popular positions on the issues people care about. A lot of Paul supporters don't even know/care about monetary policy, let alone potential Paul supporters.

The date should be emphasized more. It's overshadowed by the much larger "Tea Party 07." The strong emphasis on the date was one the greatest strengths of "This November 5th." It's of utmost importance that people remember the date.

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Here's a list I've compiled from this thread and others.

• Text aligning improperly with a Mac & Firefox browsers ( Can someone please confirm this problem )

• Ron Pauls name should be featured more prominently (A lot agree on this)

• Removal of "Freedom To Fascism" video (A lot agree on this)

• Remove the protest "the inflation tax" replace with anti-high taxes...anti-corruption...and anti-war (A lot agree on this)

• Quick links to ronpaullibrary, youtube vids, campaign website

• Add option to receive weekly, daily or no emails (A lot agree on this)

• Stronger emphasis on the date, December 16th 2007

• Add a counter for unique hits

• Add Countdown Timer Widget

• Add line that mentions "any donation is welcome on the 16th"

• Small scrolls with Ron Paul philosophies on them wrt taxes, foreign policy, economics

• Add "Ron Paul" by the "Tea Party 07" line

• Add this video: http://www.youtube.com/v/KKC6RjLajdg&rel=1

• The adjectival phrase "one day" should be hyphenated as "one-day"

keep em coming....

At this point the TeaParty07.com counter has been showing 599 ever since it first started working for me this afternoon.

I'm not a techie so does anybody know...now that the site comes up for us changes won't take as long to show up as the initial site did...will they?? Just wondering since it will have an impact on changes.

ChelC
11-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I think the site should stay simple. I agree with the ideas on the list above. That video does need to be added, it's awesome. I agree about removing the Russo video.

Is there a Ron Paul 101 site - not the official site, that can be linked to as sort of a Ron Paul 101... something with a casual living room feel for people who want to know more, but without overcrowding the tea party site?

This would be the place for:

What causes inflation?

What is the difference between non interventionism and isolationism?

Quotes from our founders....

It could go through a basic outline of the constitution, citing exactly why Ron Paul stands for X, and why his views square with the original intent of the constitution.

Does a site like this exist? If not, is there anyone out there savvy enough to make it? I'm sure not computer savvy, but I would love to help with some ideas of what to include there.

SovereignMN
11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree with the poster who said to keep it simple...anti-tax, anti-war, anti-spending. We don't need to explain every nuance of the position. Just enough to draw people in.

Joe Knows
11-09-2007, 04:33 PM
The first state is Iowa on January 3rd. We have to do well in the first states in January in order to have a good showing on Super Tuesday, February 5th. In order to win these early states, we have to raise more money and keep Ron Paul's name in the press. TeaParty07.com is a fantastic way to do that. I like the idea of having an event day on December 15th. That is just more publicity. The media will start giving everyone an update hour by hour on how much Dr. Paul has raised. I can just see the widgets now, on every single news channel, especially if we are on a bigger clip. Ron Paul will rule. The media want a good story. The counters are addictive so let's hook the media. I think the format of $100 per pledge will still work and is the best way to go.

I believe that this single fundraising day has the potential to catapult Dr. Paul into the White House. Because of the proximity of the Iowa Caucus and the January primaries, I cannot in good conscience hold back on any potential donation. I have been spreading my donations out, but my money will not do as much good in January as it will December 16th. So December 16th, I am "ALL IN".

I do have one suggestion. Keep the $100 pledge counter, but add a second pledge counter for people that publicly want to pledge "ALL IN". It could be $100. It could be $2300, but it could keep the media guessing, if thousands of people pledged to go "ALL IN". And it might even increase the contributions that day when people realize that on that single day, their contribution will have the most impact. 1000 pledges could possibly be over $2,000,000.

Anyway, on December 16th, I will go "ALL IN" and I hope anyone else who can do so will.

I posted this in another thread. I believe that we should have an "ALL IN" option.

Brian Bailey
11-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Nice post. Thanks for putting this list together.

bjpolyamorous
11-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I agree that the America: freedom to fascism movie should be removed. We don't need this to be controversial. All we want is it to say donate to ron paul and have people sign up. We don't need the ties to conspiracy theory material, even though I agree with the movie personally as well.

Thank you.

SwordOfShannarah
11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. What I'll do is create some simple polls (i.e. Do you want the "Freedom to Fascism" video to stay? - yes/no) for these issues so we can get a true consensus of opinion.

Latest count puts us at 1,310 subscribers. I'm going to send out to the ThisNovember5th.com list as soon as the site fully propagates. I had to correct the name servers again this morning so it will take up to 24 hours. I apologize for that. I was on the phone with the hosting tech department and they gave me the wrong info.

In the meantime the .org and .net websites are going to have the same feedburner email list code on them in so we will actually be getting the sign ups from all three sites in real time.

I'm pretty sure the improper display issues for Mac, and various browsers should be fixed now. I'll wait to hear back on that.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. What I'll do is create some simple polls (i.e. Do you want the "Freedom to Fascism" video to stay? - yes/no) for these issues so we can get a true consensus of opinion.

Latest count puts us at 1,310 subscribers. I'm going to send out to the ThisNovember5th.com list as soon as the site fully propagates. I had to correct the name servers again this morning so it will take up to 24 hours. I apologize for that. I was on the phone with the hosting tech department and they gave me the wrong info.

In the meantime the .org and .net websites are going to have the same feedburner email list code on them in so we will actually be getting the sign ups from all three sites in real time.

I'm pretty sure the improper display issues for Mac, and various browsers should be fixed now. I'll wait to hear back on that.

:lol:

So the craptastic design and more confusing domains of teaparty.org and .net get to make a collaborative list with you, but I don't. :rolleyes:

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
If I were a techie I would do this but I'm not. I think we should have a slideshow of this "storyboard book: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/Paul-Storyboard-1007.pdf
from the Ron Paul downloads and link to it on the TeaParty07.com site to give Ron Paul neophytes the information they need.

jmhelms
11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
The absolute best video, without any doubt, (check out the newest video thread for confirmation) is this new video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

jmhelms
11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
If I were a techie I would do this but I'm not. I think we should have a slideshow of this "storyboard book: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/Paul-Storyboard-1007.pdf
from the Ron Paul downloads and link to it on the TeaParty07.com site to give Ron Paul neophytes the information they need.

If someone wants a slide show consider using the free player found at splashcast.net. It is an awesome player.

ronpaulyourmom
11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
• Remove the protest "the inflation tax" replace with anti-high taxes...anti-corruption...and anti-war (A lot agree on this)

On December 16th, 1773 American colonists, in an act of rebellion against the overreaching hand of the British empire, dumped tea into the Boston Harbor.

On December 16th, 2007 American citizens, protesting against the overreaching hand of the United States federal government, will dump millions of dollars into the Ron Paul campaign.

Or something like that.... We should speak strictly to the abuse of power and corruption. We should not take hardline stances, simply pro-freedom stances. These fit in well with the date.

ronpaulyourmom
11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
And also... lets not overdo it... We don't have to use the site to convert everybody and link to every informative site out there.... people know how to use a search engine.

evadmurd
11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for being so open to suggestions. True teamwork.
I like the previously mentioned video, too, except the text movement was way overdone and it is to choppy on anything but an ultra fast connection.

Keep up the great work!

tfelice
11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I looked at it on .net and all your table borders are showing against the background. Plus there is no padding on the top few rows so it butts right up against the border.

livinglegend
11-09-2007, 06:06 PM
On December 16th, 1773 American colonists, in an act of rebellion against the overreaching hand of the British empire, dumped tea into the Boston Harbor.

On December 16th, 2007 American citizens, protesting against the overreaching hand of the United States federal government, will dump millions of dollars into the Ron Paul campaign.

Or something like that.... We should speak strictly to the abuse of power and corruption. We should not take hardline stances, simply pro-freedom stances. These fit in well with the date.

I agree with this completely. It was a good idea, but focusing on just the "inflation-tax" is not inspiring and the average person will be like "Yeah.... whatever...."

bjpolyamorous
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM

So the craptastic design and more confusing domains of teaparty.org and .net get to make a collaborative list with you, but I don't. :rolleyes:

Hey dude, I say keep your site up and just put a link in it to Trevors. I loved your pick a donation amount. I really think it has the capability of getting commitments from a bunch of smaller donation people. Nice work! Seriously!

monotony
11-09-2007, 07:49 PM

If that is true then taht is terrible. People should be able to sign up for Dec 16th from all over the web on any Ron Paul site. Not to mention that you have your site up first while I still can't even load the other sites. It's cool that there will be a home site for the event, but it would be ideal if people were able to be consumed all into the same database with the same counters so the numbers would constantly be everywhere. And you'd see them growing in real time from one site click to the next ;)

Is the feedburner database accessible to run queries against or does it just collect email addresses?

jmhelms
11-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I looked at it on .net and all your table borders are showing against the background. Plus there is no padding on the top few rows so it butts right up against the border.

Are you sure that you are on teaparty07.com? There are no tables on that site it is XHTML & CSS.

MozoVote
11-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Nobody has registered worldrecordmoneybomb . com yet

foofighter20x
11-09-2007, 09:11 PM
My fiat $0.02:

A. In the top left of the scroll put "Ron Paul's" (in the same manner the "Freedom Is Popular" is placed at the bottom of the scroll; maybe even remove the face image from the bottom--that looks a little goofy--and place the profile icon at the top by his name: the icon that appeared on the teaparty07.com fliers).
B. Get as much "above the fold" as we can on that page. How?

1) Move the entire scroll to the left side of the page.
2)In the remaining space in the right hand column, place the following:

a) Place the countdown timer and link to download the time script.
b) Place the number and graph of subscribers.
c) In a box with a hairline red border, white fill set at like 80% transparency, put your disclaimer from the bottom about only donating at the official campaign site in black letters.
d) the bottom right hand corner can have the YouTube videos and site contact.
C. Completely optional: have a thin bar across the very top of the page with the suggested links: Official Campaign, MeetUp, RP Library, etc.

James R
11-09-2007, 09:20 PM
My fiat $0.02:

A. In the top left of the scroll put "Ron Paul's" (in the same manner the "Freedom Is Popular" is placed at the bottom of the scroll; maybe even remove the face image from the bottom--that looks a little goofy--and place the profile icon at the top by his name: the icon that appeared on the teaparty07.com fliers).
B. Get as much "above the fold" as we can on that page. How?

1) Move the entire scroll to the left side of the page.
2)In the remaining space in the right hand column, place the following:

a) Place the countdown timer and link to download the time script.
b) Place the number and graph of subscribers.
c) In a box with a hairline red border, white fill set at like 80% transparency, put your disclaimer from the bottom about only donating at the official campaign site in black letters.
d) the bottom right hand corner can have the YouTube videos and site contact.
C. Completely optional: have a thin bar across the very top of the page with the suggested links: Official Campaign, MeetUp, RP Library, etc.

foofighter, shouldnt the top of the scroll contain our slogan? (Liberty is brewing! or A Revolution is Brewing!). Also, how about that photo of the "indians" throwing over the tea boxes that have the words "Inflation", "Iraq War", and "National Debt" written on them?

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 09:23 PM

I would say something more specific about unfair taxation and policing the world.

Sey.Naci
11-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Would be nice for the people who're still unable to access the site to see a screenshot of it. Anyone willing to do that? Please?

foofighter20x
11-09-2007, 09:28 PM
foofighter, shouldnt the top of the scroll contain our slogan? (Liberty is brewing! or A Revolution is Brewing!). Also, how about that photo of the "indians" throwing over the tea boxes that have the words "Inflation", "Iraq War", and "National Debt" written on them?

That could work too. I just would like to see Dr Paul's name a bit more prominently displayed.

Ron Paul's Tea Party 07 just sounds better to me than simply Tea Party 07.

LJHudd
11-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I understand this has probably been asked a hundred times today (so sorry) but... if someone can let me know...

Is the site still down? I can't get to it and I'm seeing the web address plastered all over Ron Paul supporter sites. I just wonder if I'm not the only one, how many people aren't able to sign up because it's down. We've tried cleaning the cache etc. Nothing.

The video's and all the hard work for this so far looks amazing, I can hardly wait, I'll be giving more than I did on Nov 5th.

James R
11-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I just would like to see Dr Paul's name a bit more prominently displayed.

Ron Paul's Tea Party 07 just sounds better to me than simply Tea Party 07.

Agreed!

So, to re-phrase everything you said:
1. "Ron Paul's Tea Party 07" instead of "Tea Party 07"
2. Replace the face icon w/ the flyer icon. (have a link?)
3. To the Right of the scroll, place the count-down timer & link to count-down script. Will this fit on smaller sized screens?
4. Add a graph the number of subscribers below the count-down timer.
5. "In a box with a hairline red border, white fill set at like 80% transparency, put your disclaimer from the bottom about only donating at the official campaign site in black letters."
6. Thin bar across the very top of the page with the suggested links: Official Campaign, MeetUps, RP Library, etc.

I like all of the above ideas, though not sure about the flyer icon because I havn't seen it.

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 09:54 PM
yeah I wasn't crazy about that profile pic either but its the only one i came across that would really work. go ahead give me the link to the flyer icon and ill work in what you suggested. I'll post on here once its done to see what everyone thinks.

jake
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM
1st suggestion -
I suggest Trevor we a referral system for teaparty07.com whereby referral links would be supported. You could then have a display on the page of the people who have referred the most friends.

sort of makes it a little fun side contest to see who can refer the most people to the tea party donation drive.

2nd suggestion -
I suggest you have an American flag or two"above the fold" on teaparty07.com, perhaps "hanging" vertically flanking one or both sides of the parchment paper.

foofighter20x
11-09-2007, 10:17 PM
2. Replace the face icon w/ the flyer icon. (have a link?)

http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008

Scroll down to look at the photo above the Sirberus Icon... maybe we can shrink that down some... :D

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 10:46 PM
http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008

Scroll down to look at the photo above the Sirberus Icon... maybe we can shrink that down some... :D

on it :cool:

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=foofighter20x;385469][SIZE="3"]My fiat $0.02:

What about "The Official Ron Paul" instead of "Ron Paul's" on the top fold?

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 11:24 PM
what about this?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/newtea.jpg

Shaunathan
11-09-2007, 11:38 PM
The absolute best video, without any doubt, (check out the newest video thread for confirmation) is this new video:

100% agree, this vid should be up there beyond a shadow of a doubt!

IKaNeI
11-10-2007, 01:17 AM
It probably be best to keep the site simplistic in its message. Even displaying no videos would be great.

This isnt an opportunity to show off others work. Just a website to have who sign up for our presidential candidate one donation drive. Trying to focus the work onto another would be a counter productive.

wisconsinite
11-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Right now, if you Google "teaparty07", the .org site comes up first, ahead of the .com site.

Any ideas how to remedy this?

Paulite5112007
11-10-2007, 02:34 AM
have the .org site jump to .com?

JustAnotherV
11-10-2007, 04:40 AM
This needs to be better linked with the activities of the 15th, bother literally and figuratively. Obviously that will have its own site, but the two should drive each other, not exist in parallel.

CelestialRender
11-10-2007, 07:45 AM

Sorry, I gotta disagree...this one:

http://www.youtube.com/v/KKC6RjLajdg&rel=1

(Which, incidentally was made by a Fifteen-Year-Old) cannot be overplugged. This looks like some seriously professional work.

The moneybomb sites themselves should be more emotive than substantive...we're not selling people on the idea of Ron Paul there, we're selling the choir on donating money.

foofighter20x
11-10-2007, 08:22 AM
what about this?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/newtea.jpg

Exactly what I had in mind! :)

Brad Zink
11-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Teaparty07.com is a great webpage. My only suggestion would be to add these two videos:

Tea Party 07:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

Fiat Empire:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5232639329002339531

LJHudd
11-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Exactly what I had in mind! :)That is beautiful! Wow, I'm so glad I can see the site now and the video on there is my favorite one.

nathanielyao
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Right now, if you Google "teaparty07", the .org site comes up first, ahead of the .com site.

Any ideas how to remedy this?

have the .org site jump to .com?

No worries, we've been contacted and the owner is a supporter. He's been given the feedburner code and currently linking to the .com site. Should be linking fully once DNS propagation more or less complete.

Please keep the suggestions coming...

wfd40
11-10-2007, 11:41 AM

this video needs to be on the site.

Seattle4RonPaul
11-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Please, please include the famous "Ron Paul - a New Hope" video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA
This video gives me goose bumps every time I watch it, and would be a wonderful introduction of Ron Paul to mainstream voters, who don't know much of what he stands for.

sroll2237
11-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Please, please include the famous "Ron Paul - a New Hope" video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA
This video gives me goose bumps every time I watch it, and would be a wonderful introduction of Ron Paul to mainstream voters, who don't know much of what he stands for.

agreed.

jrich4rpaul
11-10-2007, 04:06 PM
my thoughts:

1. the updated A New Hope video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAHEPjrqPg4
2. the Don't Tread on Me video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8
3. More of Ron Paul's views on the biggest issues in additiion to the inflation tax (and perhaps change it to income tax), all explained briefly with a link to the issues section of the campaign site for those who become interested

Energy
11-10-2007, 04:30 PM
There's an updated "A New Hope" video without the polygamy jab by eLIB3RTY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAHEPjrqPg4

JohnFromChicago
11-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I'd think twice about using that video. It's good but I don't think the war violence images are going to us any good. As much as I think those graphic images need to be seen, they don't need to be used to promote Dr Paul's campaign or a money bomb day. I think something more uplifting and positive would be a better fit.

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq-WXz_-lNM

I'm working on one for the 16th. As soon as it's done I'll be sure to let you all know.

Paul4Prez
11-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Shouldn't the TeaParty07.com site have a direct link to the campaign donation page?

kimochinews
11-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I think the Federal Reserve video you have up now is spectacular; I hope you keep it there, and I hope that monetary policy continues to be a major part of this campaign.

Thank you!

Kimochi

jcims
11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Not sure where to put this, but the flags on the teaparty site (which i really like) are pretty immune to jpeg compression. I was able to get down to 35% quality in the GIMP and thought the result was still really good. The file size goes down from 71kb to 9kb, which might make things snap a little more.

Just a thought.

Drknows
11-10-2007, 10:32 PM
The Site's Background is off to the left too far.

* edit never mind i was looking at the wrong site. googled tea part 07 and .org came up first.

yoshimaroka
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM
The updated teaparty07.com has an issue:

the text expands to the right, off of the paper.

also, reduce the quality of the american flags(the sides) because the site loads too slowly.

mfoley1
11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
just sent the compressed flag images to Trevor, he'll have to work on the alignment issue though.

jb4ronpaul
11-11-2007, 12:21 AM
hate to beat a dead horse, but I would say it is a protest against ALL forms of unjust taxation, including the income tax, inflation tax, and government debt. You could put graphs of the decline of the value of the dollar and growth of amount of debt.

jcims
11-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Does anyone here have the Flash chops to make a widget similar to the campaign widget? Something about seeing those numbers move and just eyeballing it for a second to see where it stops is a lot more engaging that a static chart. It's kind of like watching Wheel of Fortune.

Another thought would be to ask for the person's name (make email optional IMO, if folks are signing up they are signing up for a reason)...that way we can somewhat emulate the two big positives of the campaign widget. Of couse we still need to indicate that this is not an official campaign effort, but that's fine print stuff.

James R
11-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Suggest minor change in wording:
"illegal" inflation tax should be "unconstitutional" inflation tax.

Some people will say to theirself "its not illegal, that is stupid". Few would say "its not unconstitutional, that is stupid."

SwordOfShannarah
11-11-2007, 07:37 AM
OK I made some changes that make more sense now. To be fair something that is unconstitutional is illegal, but I think I've avoided the issue and better represent the meaning with the new update.

Wayne Hammond
11-11-2007, 08:19 AM
MAN, this is looking good. Nice job Trevor. I especially like the link to Dr. Paul's congressional web site for the explanation of the inflation tax. :)

Also, now that the .ORG and .NET sites are re-directing to www.teaparty07.com, hopefully it will place the .COM site at the top of a Google search, instead of the .ORG site. Wonder how long that will take?

ProBlue33
11-11-2007, 10:06 AM
The Teaparty site seems to have some of the left hand side cut off, the words on the scroll, anybody else getting that. It was perfectly good before.

Sey.Naci
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Here is a partial screen capture in Firefox 4 Mac. (No such problem in Safari.)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2166/1968626894_ae98163459.jpg

The subtitle 'December 16th, 2007' runs into the body text.

ProBlue33
11-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Ok I tried it in three different browsers

Safari - Works perfect:)

Explorer - has words cut off on the left side on the scroll.:confused:

Firefox - Bottom of scroll the words are mushed together. :(

ronpaulitician
11-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Change the closing single quote before "07" to an open single quote.

mfoley1
11-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Ok I tried it in three different browsers

Safari - Works perfect:)

Explorer - has words cut off on the left side on the scroll.:confused:

Firefox - Bottom of scroll the words are mushed together. :(

I just emailed trevor an updated one that should solve these issues, he'll need to take a look at it.

yoshimaroka
11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Aright!

The site displays perfectly under the latest versions of Safari and Firefox for Mac OS X.
Thanks for reducing the file sizes of the flags.

Suggestion for further optimization:
- The Google player is the biggest file to load on the site. See if you can find a suitable Youtube replacement that you can embed(try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZM58dulPE)

There still are a lot of dial-up users out there…

tremendoustie
11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I really think our approach with that first video is all wrong. It should be centered around the message, not MSM reports from the last fundraising day. People don't give money because other people did, they give money because they believe in the cause. There are lots of really inspiring videos out there centered on the message. Couldn't we please use one of those? Also, since when do we measure ourselves in terms of the MSM? Let them follow us!

CavortingChicken
11-11-2007, 01:55 PM
how come the pledges havn't been updated since around 11.00 this morning?

tremendoustie
11-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Also, there really should be an option to pledge but not receive e-mail updates.

cac1963
11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Add keywords and descriptions to the meta tags to optimize the site for indexing in search engines when people search for the following words:

Boston Tea Party
Federal Reserve
Inflation Tax
American Revolution
Moneybomb
Ron Paul President
Freedom
Liberty
Grassroots
Fundraising

Right now the site has no keywords or descriptions in the header, and the page body doesn't even include the text "Boston Tea Party", the historical event on which this fundraiser is based.

Bacon
11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah we definitely need some SEO work done on this site. That is very important in getting this site out to as many people as possible. Maybe we could start an AdWords campaign for it...

mfoley1
11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Add keywords and descriptions to the meta tags to optimize the site for indexing in search engines when people search for the following words:

Boston Tea Party
Federal Reserve
Inflation Tax
American Revolution
Moneybomb
Ron Paul President
Freedom
Liberty
Grassroots
Fundraising

Right now the site has no keywords or descriptions in the header, and the page body doesn't even include the text "Boston Tea Party", the historical event on which this fundraiser is based.

added to the main list, good call

Sey.Naci
11-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Aright! The site displays perfectly under the latest versions of Safari and Firefox for Mac OS X.
Am not seeing that correction and have the latest version of Firefox for Mac OS (Tiger). Still getting the subtitle 'December 16th, 2007' superimposed over the body text.

mfoley1
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Am not seeing that correction and have the latest version of Firefox for Mac OS (Tiger). Still getting the subtitle 'December 16th, 2007' superimposed over the body text.

I sent him an update today that should remedy that, he just has to look at it.

wfd40
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
are other youtube vids going to be added?

yoshimaroka
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Bump for this:

Suggestion for further optimization:
- The Google player is the biggest file to load on the site. See if you can find a suitable Youtube replacement that you can embed(try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZM58dulPE)

libertygirl
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I think the background of the flags should be "fixed", so when you scroll down the American flag is still there.

lbadragan
11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Change the Ron Paul graphic. He looks very old in that picture. Perception is important.

Don't sell this as a protest against the "inflation tax". Why not say something like "to protest back-breaking taxation and the inflation policy which chips away at the value of our hard-earned dollars"?

Wayne Hammond
11-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Trevor / Nathaniel - it looks like the pledge signup numbers are updated manually. (they haven't been updated now for over 5 hours).

Is there any way this can be automated? I dunno, perhaps at least get an update on an hourly basis? Or is there no way to do it other than manual?

Thanks.

mfoley1
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
looks like trevor got the updated page up, it should fit the screen at 1024x768 res now. the 800x600ers are just going to have to scroll some :p
I also fixed the jaggies on the top and bottom of the parchment, should look real good now!

Wayne Hammond
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
looks like trevor got the updated page up, it should fit the screen at 1024x768 res now. the 800x600ers are just going to have to scroll some :p
I also fixed the jaggies on the top and bottom of the parchment, should look real good now!

Looks really good on my 1024 x 768 screen!

Thanks for all your work on this, mfoley!

FluxCapacitor
11-12-2007, 10:25 AM
"On December 16th, 1773, American colonists dumped tea into the Boston Harbor
to protest an oppressive tax. This December 16th American citizens will dump
millions of dollars into the Ron Paul presidential campaign to
protest the oppressive inflation tax."

This sounds a little odd. Shall we change the wording here?

I think the Tea Party connection stands on its own. We don't need to harp on it.

The website would be better with a more general message about liberty.

Wayne Hammond
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Hate to be an "English-nazi" here, :p but in the following phrase, "one-day" should be hyphenated in both spots, not just the first one:

"Please join us this December 16th 2007 for the largest one-day political donation event in history. Our goal is to bring together 100,000 people to donate $100 each, creating a one day donation total of $10,000,000."

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Not sure if this has already been suggested, but since the media is now becoming aware of the Tea Party site, maybe it'd be a good idea to list how much money we raised on Nov. 5th and with how many pledges, that way they won't start announcing "looks like Paul's expected haul is going to fall far short this time". When they see "18,000 pledges and $4.3 million", then 9,000 or whatever pledges looks like a lot. It might also encourage more people to sign up.

wfd40
11-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Change the Ron Paul graphic. He looks very old in that picture. Perception is important.

Don't sell this as a protest against the "inflation tax". Why not say something like "to protest back-breaking taxation and the inflation policy which chips away at the value of our hard-earned dollars"?

agree 100% on the messaging (another forum poll supports this idea) - people revolt much more passionately against oppression, war, corruption etc. Not so much 'give me some lower taxes baby' ;)

As for the RP graphic... that's like my second favorite shot of him.. next to this one:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=238920#post238920 (post5)

The one at teaparty looks amazingly "presidential" imo

TechnoGuyRob
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=401986#post401986

Make your own Tea Party site. :D

derdy
11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure if this already been suggested or not, but what do you think about putting the number up so people can donate by phone? That way if there are technical difficulties with www.ronpaul2008.com people can still donate and those that want to donate, but not online have another alternative.

slavix
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
just look at this graph
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/teaparty_vs_nov5_members.html

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/teaparty_vs_nov5_members.html
And we still have over a month to go.
Spread this graph to MSM. It will produce a news buzz early and increase the total results.

kenlefeb
11-15-2007, 04:36 AM
I can't really browse the web at work, but I can keep tabs on RSS Feeds... I'd love to have a simple feed with regular statistics so I can watch the numbers rise.

blakjak
11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Should we include the day of the week? To my surprise, I just realized that this fundraiser is not occurring on a weekday, but rather on a Sunday. Should the site (or email reminders) read "Sunday, November 16th" instead? Did thisnovember5th.com mention "Monday"?

mfoley1
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Should we include the day of the week? To my surprise, I just realized that this fundraiser is not occurring on a weekday, but rather on a Sunday. Should the site (or email reminders) read "Sunday, November 16th" instead? Did thisnovember5th.com mention "Monday"?

he could easily add it to the text. good idea.

DrillSgtK
11-16-2007, 06:15 AM
I am going to write a letter to the editor of my local papers and the regional one asking them to run it on the 15/16th that lets everyone know I am supporting the tea party and why. It will also ask them to join.

Just think what that would do if everyone who signed up did that? Not only would we get press after the party, but before the party. It also puts what we are doing in the eyes of others. It won't be looked at as "a bunch of rich people" doing this. In my local meet up group the five of us each writing would insure that two letters would be printed.

Joe Fed-up at home would see these letters from local people. That night he turns on the news and hears about it again. He kicks his kid off the computer, visits Dr. Paul's web page, reads a bit, grabs his wallet and joins in.

Just an idea. Any thing wrong with it or something I've missed?

JacobLyles
11-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Let’s make a separate site where people can pledge to give more, $500 for example. We could call the site “Ron Paul Patriots” or something. People sign up to be a “Patriot” and donate $500. It could have a target of 5,000 sign-ups to raise an incremental $2 MM for Ron.

I donated $275 last time, but I would have signed up for a site like this had it existed.

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
11-17-2007, 02:44 AM
I think it's better to keep it all together. The higher the number goes up the more people are apt to sign up. Of course, pointing out to the people who have signed up that more than $100 donations are welcomed is a good idea.

JacobLyles
11-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry, I don't think I made my point clear. I want to make a separate sign-up site for people who already signed-up with teaparty07.com AND would like to give more/encourage others to give more on that day.

Knightskye
11-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I think we should leave it alone. I see no reason (why gunpowder treason ;), heh) why we should highlight the number of people who are donating more than a hundred. Just make sure, on TeaParty07.com and in the e-mails Trevor sends, that there is a friendly reminder that they're welcome to donate more than $100. No separate sign-up page.

PETEtheMEAT
11-21-2007, 11:18 AM
I have the solution! We keep the dec 16 tea party date and plan it to be one of the greatest events in US political history. But in the mean time since HQ needs the 12 million ASAP to buy needed media time we can do this: Over the next 2 weeks all we need is 20,000 people to donate $25 on 6 separate days over the 2 weeks. This amount will give us a total of $500,000 per day. Factor in the total over 6 days and you have $3million the approximate amount needed to reach $12million. Timing everything like this will leave HQ enough time to buy up air time in need early primary states and will leaves us enough time to set aside and recoup enough money to donate as much as we possibly can for the TEA PARTY on dec 16th. I think this could work. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

--Peter-- AKA PETEtheMEAT AKA Pete4RONPAUL(youtube)

Doc Dewey
11-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Doe anyone have a smaller teaparty flyer that can be fit several to a page.
I wore my Ron Paul hat while working at the gun shop today and started
up ten conversations about Ron Paul. I mentioned teaparty but did not
have any small handouts.

Sey.Naci
11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
[Posted this to another thread, but it's relevant and perhaps will get more attention here]

Have noticed the same [loading] problem with teaparty07.com, rudysreadinglist.com and ronpaulblimp.com. Having no problem loading other sites. Anyone else having problems?

If I'm having trouble loading these pages on a high-speed connection, then this could be an issue for people with slower Internet connections. In addition, when pages take too long to load, the average surfer won't hang around for it to finish. Dedicated RP supporters are, of course, different, but if someone is just curious to check things out, a slow-loading page could put an end to their curiosity.

DrillSgtK
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I sent out my letter to the editor today where I explain what i'm doing and why. It's hard to condense all the great reasons down to 230 words.

My papers require two week lead time to "verify" letters. I would urge everyone to do more than just give, write a letter to your paper saying why. I like to think that my local paper is going to get 10 to 15 letters. At the very least it will catch the editors attention and he might see a story with a local angle to it. A great way to fill space with little work on his part.

DrillSgtK

JacobLyles
11-28-2007, 12:18 AM
I think we should leave it alone. I see no reason (why gunpowder treason ;), heh) why we should highlight the number of people who are donating more than a hundred. Just make sure, on TeaParty07.com and in the e-mails Trevor sends, that there is a friendly reminder that they're welcome to donate more than $100. No separate sign-up page.

The reason to have a sign-up for more than $100 is the same reason why we have a sign-up at all: to encourage large groups of people to do the same thing. If I would have seen a thousand people doing $500 on November 5th, I would have done the same thing (instead of $275) and so would many others. That would have been worth a huge incremental sum. The average donation on November 5th was $108. If we can get that closer to $150-$200, that means 1.5x - 2.0x the money raised.

The "multiplier" of donors/pledgers will probably be smaller this time around due to the weekend. We could use a dedicated band of a few thousand patriots that are DETERMINED to make this a success through a donation of $500.

I'm working on the site. Sadly, my technical skills are rudimentary and my time is limited. Hopefully I'll have something awful and bare-bones up by tomorrow. If I can get it up by this weekend, we can get the number of pledges that will make a true difference

JacobLyles
11-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Please, if someone with better tech skills likes my idea and wants to help me DOUBLE the money that Paul will get on the 16th by getting 20,000 to give $500, then please contact me and we can work together. First name dot last name at gmail dot com. Should be able to get my first and last name from my sig.

PETEtheMEAT
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
teaparty07.com wont load at all. anyone know whats going on with the site?

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
teaparty07.com wont load at all. anyone know whats going on with the site?

Having the same problem....we need that site up and running ASAP! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

NerveShocker
11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
If TeaParty07.com is unavailable when you try to visit it go to the website sureproxy.com and scroll down to where it says Proxy and type in teaparty07.com. Then unselect all the boxes beneath the browse button except show URL entry form. Then click browse and the TeaParty07.com site should load!!

P.S. Sureproxy.com allowed me to open Teaparty07.com every time and it still wont load any other way here in Chicago, IL.(And MANY other places so far as I hear)
Edit/Delete Message

Sey.Naci
11-28-2007, 02:55 PM
I've given up on teaparty07.com and now use only ronpaulsteaparty.com. The latter comes up superfast.

Perhaps existing or new videos should refer viewers to BOTH sites? That way, if one site goes down, the other has it covered??

rpwebsupporter
11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
I've contacted Trevor with recompressed images for the TeaParty07.com website. They will reduce the size of the web page by 50% which should help loading times significantly.

NerveShocker
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Teaparty07.com not working here in Chicago, IL. Ronpaulsteaparty.com works fine.

wfd40
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
down here in aspen

wonder what the influx of traffic is from?

JacobLyles
11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Still creaking and groaning.

Sey.Naci
11-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Still unavailable on west coast...

blahinhawaii
11-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Still not getting teaparty07.com at all but a fraudulent site on teaparty.org which is NOT USING FEED BURNER and doesn't have all trevor's graphics pulls up just fine. PHISHY...

blahinhawaii
11-29-2007, 11:20 AM
oops, I meant teaparty07.org is fraudulent....I always forget to add the 07, I bet that band is getting a LOT of hits.

iptf2
11-29-2007, 11:22 AM
not working in Florida either what gives is it being hacked?

iptf2
11-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info it worked for me in Florida, I bookmarked it and it opens every time now.
thanks this info should be posted on the main forum page as a stickey.

smartbandwidth
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Where the heck is Teaparty07.com????!!!

Who's in charge???!!!

The site has been down (kaput) for 2+ days!!

This is CRAZY!!

fireinme
11-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Can we fix this? This is bad!!!!

Charles Wilson
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I am not computer savvy but it appears that Teaparty07.com has been sabotaged. If that is the case, how can we work around the problem and advertise the event?. In any case, we should have more than one method of getting the message out to the masses.

Tea Party banners stuck on vehicles, large banners held up on overpasses, Handouts on street corners advertising the Tea Party, etc. (all of this may already be happening, I just don't know).

moberley
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
To anyone promoting the Tea Party you might also want to mention the Ron Paul Campaign's telephone number. 1-877-RON-PAUL (1-877-766- 7285). One of the unique advantages of a candidate with exactly 7 letters in his name.

As far as I know this isn't on the main page, but it is on the downloadable materials.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/downloads/

DirtMcGirt
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Not sure if this was brought up but are there RP boats lined up for Boston, St. Pete had a guy roll up it a boat with a banner and music blasting, If the blimp makes it up there, boats in the water and thousands on the ground it will be a spectacle for the ages!!!!

bluemarkets
12-03-2007, 11:18 PM
not sure if this was discussed already .. but are you guys beefing up the servers for the mass donations??

this could easily crash servers if everyone starts hitting the site at once...

DrillSgtK
12-04-2007, 09:32 AM
My local paper ran my letter explaining why I am supporting the Tea Party and lists the campaign web page three times.

I've gotten one comment so far from another RP supporter. He's going to send off a letter today saying he supports it too. I hope others write letters getting the news out.

Doing what we can with what we have.

DirtMcGirt
12-05-2007, 02:58 PM
I agree it should be two days of donations.... 15th/16th

HOLLYWOOD
12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Just a suggestion...

SIGN LOCATIONS
http://www.murrayoutdoor.com/listingpage.cfm

TRIVISION BILLBOARDS
http://www.murrayoutdoor.com/m1.avi

I don't know if anyone has connections or funding....

PEACE,

Wood

paleocon78
12-15-2007, 01:57 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54626

http://tamu.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=21700

what do you think