PDA

View Full Version : Doors Closing at 7pm??

fearthereaperx
01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
MSNBC is reporting that doors for polling places will be closed at 7pm.

specsaregood
01-03-2012, 06:22 PM
good, rules are rules

eddie198
01-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Hopefully Ron Paul supporters get their early just like the campaign has asked

Muwahid
01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
So 35 minutes from now?

fearthereaperx
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
good, rules are rules

Not really, younger people usually show up late and some people aren't aware that polls close the exact same time they open.

Aratus
01-03-2012, 06:29 PM
30 minutes from now, the doors close?

fearthereaperx
01-03-2012, 06:30 PM
30 minutes from now, the doors close?

yes, turn on MSNBC they have a countdown to when they 'close' not 'open'

economics102
01-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Methinks that's not in our favor. Young people are never on time for anything, especially if they didn't know in advance they needed to be on time.

pilby
01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Probably depends on the chairman.

I've only been to one caucus in my life (northern Nevada 4 years ago). At that one nobody but the two guys running the show (both RP supporters) and me, an out-of-stater coming just to observe, were there on time. Eventually about 8 other people wandered in. They delayed starting with everyone calling friends and asking them to come down. I can't remember when they actually started, but it was at least 45 minutes late.

Iowa will probably generally run tighter ships than that, but...

dante
01-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Probably depends on the chairman.

I've only been to one caucus in my life (northern Nevada 4 years ago). At that one nobody but the two guys running the show (both RP supporters) and me, an out-of-stater coming just to observe, were there on time. Eventually about 8 other people wandered in. They delayed starting with everyone calling friends and asking them to come down. I can't remember when they actually started, but it was at least 45 minutes late.

Iowa will probably generally run tighter ships than that, but...

When I was in IA in 07 they closed the doors promptly at 7 and didn't let someone who came minutes late vote.

LibertasPraesidium
01-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Ron Paul supporters have been told to show up early they are being offered transportation. that was spoken about on cspan about 30 minutes ago.

RickyJ
01-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Methinks that's not in our favor. Young people are never on time for anything, especially if they didn't know in advance they needed to be on time.

Heck, I am 45 and I am never on time for anything.

The New Deal Sucked
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Let's chill the F*** out lol. We are going to win this tonight and it this point EVERYTHING is out of our control. Have a drink, a smoke, or whatever your vice of choice is and enjoy it!

Brick-in-the-Wall
I'm sorry but if you can't arrive early before 7, knowing the doors close and knowing how important this is, then you're a pretty piss poor supporter.

The world belongs to those who show up.

jersdream
It isn't much to ask for people to show up on time. When I plan something or do something, I expect to show up early, and when I meet with other people, I expect them to show up on time. I don't even mind waiting, it is just a matter of responsibility and respect.

LibertasPraesidium
01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I dont understand whats going on if the doors close at 7 and people are still trying to get in wtf is going to happen if they cannot process people through the doors.?

Cnn just said that people in line should be allowed in until close to 7 or a few minutes after.

specsaregood
01-03-2012, 07:02 PM

I was always on time in my youth. And it always seems to me like youth are ontime for concert tickets; radio show give aways and apple product launches. Supporting RP is a "thing" now; I think they'll manage to get there.

LibertyEagle
01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
That's odd, because I watched a caucus training session on C-SPAN today and I could swear the presenter said the doors would not be locked. I remember the question being asked.