PDA

View Full Version : PFH need advice or better script

economics102
01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Leaving voicemails is simple enough but when I get a human on the phone I can't expect them to sit through the long-winded script. I'd love to hear how others are handling the live calls...

I really feel like the campaign (or volunteers) need to put up some mock typical conversations as examples for those of us who have no idea how to do this. I think a lot of people are probably giving up because they don't know what to do.

I did a lot of phone banking for Rand and for Ron at Ames but I didn't feel as left-to-fend-for-myself as I do with the current Iowa script that assumes I can rattle off a thousand lines with a live human on the other end.

Dissident
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi this is X.

I'm a volunteer calling to remind you that the Caucus is tonight at 7.

Are you still supporting Ron Paul?

Great. This is a very close election so please bring friends and family if you can. They can register at the Caucus. Registration begins at 5:30 and voting starts at 7. Please try to arrive as early as possible and bring a valid ID.

Do you have your local caucus address and information?

economics102
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi this is X.

I'm a volunteer calling to remind you that the Caucus is tonight at 7.

Are you still supporting Ron Paul?

Great. This is a very close election so please bring friends and family if you can. They can register at the Caucus. Registration begins at 5:30 and voting starts at 7. Please try to arrive as early as possible and bring a valid ID.

Do you have your local caucus address and information?

Thanks. I know that probably seems simple to you but that's the kind of structure I was looking for.

squirekyle
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Better. But most people already know. I wish they'd set it up to where you don't get multiple calls after taking the survey. Even some people put on the do not call list are getting called. It's frustrating.

Dissident
01-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Better. But most people already know. I wish they'd set it up to where you don't get multiple calls after taking the survey. Even some people put on the do not call list are getting called. It's frustrating.

That's the whole point of the structure. If they have already been called, they will hang up after I state my purpose. Since I did not offer I was from the RP campaign, there will not be any negative association

ZanZibar
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Stick to the script that is given. That is important.

sailingaway
01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
You should post comments on the pfh facebook page for consideration going forward.