PDA

View Full Version : Even better than FOX Debate- LOL

Johnnybags
11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Iowa GOP & Fox News Try to Ignore Ron Paul
Posted by Casey Khan at November 9, 2007 10:52 AM

Looks like the Iowa GOP is having a debate with none other than Fox News on December 4th. Further, it looks like they are trying to exclude Ron Paul from the debate by use of polling data. Paul registers less than 5% on national and local polls. Of course polling data, as we all know, can be manipulated as easily as manipulating data to prove the existence of global warming.

Meanwhile the Iowa GOP fails to look at the one statistic which can't be easily fudged, campaign contributions. Of course with that stat, Ron Paul is about to out raise what Giuliani and Thompson did last quarter.

While some are worried that Ron Paul might not go to the debate, I say all to the benefit of the good doctor. Just like the last rejection at Hy-Vee hall, this time Paul could again set up a venue next door doing a point by point refutation of the other candidates in the "debate" in front of a crowd of thousands. Ron Paul could invite CNN, MSNBC, or any other non-Fox News outlet. It would make far bigger news than the who's more macho and holier than thou game show put on by Fox News. Why will CNN and MSNBC show up? Because Ron Paul is now understood to be good for the media business.

Arklatex
11-09-2007, 12:12 PM
i argue that the paul supporters are the smartest

ladyliberty
11-09-2007, 12:24 PM
HOORAY! Road Trip!!!!

evadmurd
11-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Not to mention some good personal bio advertising during the debate.

Apauled
11-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Great Idea, we could find a location very close to it and you tube questions from all Iowans or let ron paul address the issues of censorship corruption and beauracracy and how the amercan people are being propogated. Buy the air time and watch a small company's ratings soar.

dmitchell
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
This wouldn't be better at all. Mike Gravel did this at the last Democratic debate, and he was widely ridiculed for it. Nobody would cover this when they could cover the front-runners instead.

Original_Intent
11-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I stated on the day that everyone was freaking out about it that the best favor Fox and Iowa GOP could do this campaign is to exclude Paul. He will get more coverage than the 3 or 4 stupid questions he would get asked in the debate.

Plus it will motivate his supporters like nothing else could.

Another first for Ron Paul supporters - "first candidate to be excluded from debates to win the nomination."

SeanEdwards
11-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree. Those Iowa GOP folks have no idea what kind of blowback they will get from snubbing Paul. I encourage them to do it. It's exactly the kind of thing we need to light a righteous fire in the heart of this grassroots army. They will end up giving Paul 100 times the media attention and exciting campaign narrative by excluding him.

Honestly, they must be braindead morons to even consider it at this point, or people who never use the internet, or both.

Original_Intent
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
This wouldn't be better at all. Mike Gravel did this at the last Democratic debate, and he was widely ridiculed for it. Nobody would cover this when they could cover the front-runners instead.

Gravel did not have the grassroots support of RP. Apples | Oranges

runderwo
11-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Of course polling data, as we all know, can be manipulated as easily as manipulating data to prove the existence of global warming.

Geez, can we leave the partisan crap out please? That statement made the article a net negative to me.

johngr
11-09-2007, 12:42 PM

Gravel didn't have the grass-roots support, he wasn't exponentially popular and didn't raise money like Dr. Paul has.

And it was the right thing for Gravel to do whether he was ridiculed for it or not .