PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Are you calling Iowa right now?!

Matt Collins
01-03-2012, 01:33 PM
If not, why not :confused:

http://Phone.RonPaul2012.com (http://Phone.RonPaul2012.com)

Maximus
01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Made calls before I left for work...

Bruno
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Recalling my precinct list.

Dissident
01-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Yes.

jacmicwag
01-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes - on and off throughout the day. I assume you are doing the same Matt? :)

Root
01-03-2012, 01:54 PM
At work now, but I think I'll be able to leave here an hour early and I'm skipping the gym today so I can make some calls.

1stAmendguy
01-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Multitasking, but yes

Brandon Todd Carr
01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes. Just had the weirdest call. The person told me they are a Ron Paul supporter and that "Ron's my man" but would not attend the caucus. Crazy. I tried to push a bit but this person had the quickest, shortest ways of saying NO. :(

SilentBull
01-03-2012, 02:03 PM
3 hangups so far. One woman told me she hopes he wins but will not be going cause she has other things she has to do tonight.

1stAmendguy
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Yes. Just had the weirdest call. The person told me they are a Ron Paul supporter and that "Ron's my man" but would not attend the caucus. Crazy. I tried to push a bit but this person had the quickest, shortest ways of saying NO. :(

Didn't know we had many soft supporters.. :rolleyes:

seapilot
01-03-2012, 02:07 PM

Problem with some anti-establishment people is they do not want to participate in the establishment process.

Dissident
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
A lot of RP supporters are answering. No one has really been rude either, just hanging up the phone if they aren't interested.

sailingaway
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Is there any reason you didn't post a live link?

And yeah, at this point we have soft, strong, changable support, you name it.

I am waiting for a phone call right now, but after that I will be calling again.

1stAmendguy
01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
3 hangups so far. One woman told me she hopes he wins but will not be going cause she has other things she has to do tonight.

Good gosh, I thought soft supporters were an endangered species in Paulville. :mad:

Bruno
01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Just had a nice talk with an older gentleman, he and his wife are coming, I think I have him on our side, but still between "Perry and one other". He was very religious and talked to me about the bible for awhile. I pointed out that Ron has delivered 4000 babies and zero abortions, among other things we discussed.

Brandon Todd Carr
01-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Problem with some anti-establishment people is they do not want to participate in the establishment process.

I think this is exactly it. I just had ANOTHER call almost exactly like it. "I DON'T DO CAUCUSES." :(

twister5400
01-03-2012, 02:16 PM
so yeah, i have had some folks who say they wont be coming... the thing we need to stress, is that they have the ability in their hands to change the media narrative that ron paul can't win. if he wins, that springboards him into new hampshire. it is very important that they go tonight and bring anyone that they can to vote for paul. let them know how important their personal vote actually is. that they can show up at 6:45, fill out the form, then vote. simple as that. once they are there, they can listen to stories and what not, but if they get there, they are gonna vote for paul. if they can pull off a win, then they may be the ones allowing paul to continue on! they are very important today. today they decide the future of their country. let them know how important this really is. we can not have voters staying home. let them know this! let them know that paul polls well, even the best, against obama, and that if he can win today, the entire country sits up and takes notice. they gotta go vote!!!!!

silk30
01-03-2012, 02:17 PM
My calls were a bit more optimistic. Everyone I spoke with said they would definitely go and would do their best to encourage friends/family to go as well. The only problem was about a third or so of the people I called had already been contacted two or three times about attending. So that was the downside. The other upside was at least it did not influence their vote or keep them from attending.

SilentBull
01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I think this is exactly it. I just had ANOTHER call almost exactly like it. "I DON'T DO CAUCUSES." :(

This doesn't make me feel good.

twister5400
01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
if they vote today, then they get to stick it to the establishment process. they gotta vote. let them know how important this is. that folks are calling from all around the country because they care so much. that if we were there, we would be voting, but we can't. so please, just for us, spend that hour tonight. let them know that all they have to do is show up, and write ron paul on a piece of paper. simple as that. then get their caucus location for them so they have to way to deny... please guys do everything you can for each and every call... there are so many of us calling... we can take our time and let each person know just how important they really are

SilentBull
01-03-2012, 02:23 PM
if they vote today, then they get to stick it to the establishment process. they gotta vote. let them know how important this is. that folks are calling from all around the country because they care so much. that if we were there, we would be voting, but we can't. so please, just for us, spend that hour tonight. let them know that all they have to do is show up, and write ron paul on a piece of paper. simple as that. then get their caucus location for them so they have to way to deny... please guys do everything you can for each and every call... there are so many of us calling... we can take our time and let each person know just how important they really are

Apparently things just aren't bad enough yet in the country. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Brandon Todd Carr
01-03-2012, 02:24 PM
What does the message say when you click leave voice mail?

Bruno
01-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Just answered a guy's questions about SOPA and corporate influence in legislation. "You're the first guy that was able to answer their candidate's positions on these, happy with your answers, see you tonight!" :)

Xenophage
01-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I can't call until after work. Being on the west coast that gives me less than an hour of calling :(

Brandon Todd Carr
01-03-2012, 02:38 PM
"I don't get into all that caucus stuff, but yes, I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter." o.0

Matt Collins
01-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Is there any reason you didn't post a live link?It should've automatically parsed it. Not sure why it didn't, but I fixed it now. Thanks for pointing it out.

mconder
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes.

Brandon Todd Carr
01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Think I convinced a few elderly that were on the edge. :)

jacmicwag
01-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Finding a good way to open converstion a little more is to ask them if they have any questions. This lead to a caucus address check that showed a different location than the one the person thought they needed to go to. Also lets you pitch the "bring a friend" deal a little more personally.

iamse7en
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
The secret combinations will fudge the numbers anyways. I got kids to take care of here.

FriedChicken
01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Every single call I've made so far is to people who are getting annoyed at being called so much.

SaulPaulinsky
01-03-2012, 04:23 PM
I hope to heck you're not calling Iowa right now. We've done all the good we can do, only harm can come from pushing now.