PDA

View Full Version : Campaign ran anti-Romney radio ad today

pauliticalfan
01-03-2012, 01:23 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/03/last-day-ron-paul-ad-is-his-sharpest-anti-romney-attack-yet/

This has been running today.

Interesting...

Havax
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Should have done this 2 weeks ago along with TV ads. There wouldn't be any questions about winning tonight if we had.

zerosdontcount
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Says I have to log in

LibertyEagle
01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I get a "file not found" when I click on the radio spot. Dang. I wanted to hear it. :)

pauliticalfan
01-03-2012, 01:26 PM
File won't play for me, but here's the script:

The announcer reads, "Mitt Romney can't fight against Obamacare because he supported the same mandates and government takeovers as governor of Massachusetts. Romney can't stand up against more bailouts because he supported them. He can't lead the charge to shrink the government because he has grown it."

The ad is testimony to Paul's concerns about Romney, who is the frontrunner in recent Iowa polls. The final-day, closing-argument radio spot directly attacks what some perceive as Romney's strength: electability.

"Romney's record is liberal and putting him up against Obama is a recipe for defeat," the announcer reads, "That candidate who can beat Obama is Dr. Ron Paul."

LibertyEagle
Should have done this 2 weeks ago along with TV ads. There wouldn't be any questions about winning tonight if we had.

Backseat driving is fun, ain't it?

LibertyEagle
Sounds like a great ad. :)

Oddone
01-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Yep, request a login. Anyone toob this yet?

bluesc
I want to hear it!

TheDrakeMan

Not true. Romney has more $$$ than you can imagine. We don't want him hitting back, because he would hit back hard. There are plenty of things he could bring up to destroy Paul's campaign and to make him look crazy.

tremendoustie
01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Not true. Romney has more $$$ than you can imagine. We don't want him hitting back, because he would hit back hard. There are plenty of things he could bring up to destroy Paul's campaign and to make him look crazy.

I'm sure he could lie some more, just like the MSM has done, but there's no way he could "destroy" the campaign. If they wanted to avoid the blowback, fine, but you're being hyperbolic. People are waking up to the truth, and aren't going to be swayed by mitt's BS.

anewvoice
01-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Backseat driving is fun, ain't it?

I've never really gotten the infatuation with backseat driving, it's so hard to see through the heads in front of you!

TheDrakeMan
01-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm sure he could lie some more, just like the MSM has done, but there's no way he could "destroy" the campaign. If they wanted to avoid the blowback, fine, but you're being hyperbolic. People are waking up to the truth, and aren't going to be swayed by mitt's BS.

I don't know, I'm very glad Romney and Paul have left each other alone for the most part. The MSM did do a certain amount of damage to RP's campaign, otherwise he wouldn't have dropped [slightly] in the polls. Romney + the MSM attacking Ron Paul could have ended up badly.

Havax
01-03-2012, 02:13 PM

If you truly believe that then you'd believe the MSM who says Obama would destroy Paul in the general with his billion dollars to attack.

eok321
01-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Ad is working for me now