PDA

View Full Version : **PLEASE CONSIDER THIS CAUCUS SPEECH TONIGHT**

Havax
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Despite what you may have heard, our only two candidates that draw support from independents and democrats and are within reasonable striking distance of defeating Barack Obama are Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The other 5 candidates are being absolutely destroyed by Obama in the latest head-to-head match-up polls - all losing by double digits. In fact, the latest heads up match-up between Obama and each candidate here in our home swing state of Iowa, only Ron Paul ties Obama at 42%, with Romney being the only other candidate coming anywhere close trailing him by 7%, and the rest far behind.

We all agree here that we need to elect someone in 2012 that will do two things: 1) be able to win the nomination and beat Obama AND 2) offer different policies than Obama. Between the two electable candidates, Paul and Romney, I am personally backing Ron Paul because he is clearly the only option that meets both of those requirements.

Of these two - and of the entire field of candidates we have to choose from today for that matter - Ron Paul is the only one that has voted against every bailout every time, has never voted for a tax increase, has never voted in support of individual mandates, has a plan to balance the budget in one term (without cutting social security, medicare or veteran's benefits), has not flip-flopped on a single issue throughout his three decades of public service, and by all accounts, is absolutely incorruptible. In terms of being able to win the nomination and beat Obama, Ron Paul is the only candidate besides Mitt Romney with the organization of a nationwide campaign and the necessary money to make it in the long haul. He is currently in a very solid 2nd in New Hampshire's polling.

Of our only two electable candidates, Ron Paul will have the best chance to beat Obama because not only will all republicans rally around him after the nomination in order to beat the president, but also because he currently pulls in the most votes of independents and disaffected democrats than any other candidate in this race. Futhermore, Paul, a veteran of the Air Force, has received more donations from active duty military than all of the other republican candidates put together. When it comes time to debate Obama on the national stage, Ron Paul will win over the vast majority of the country and defeat Obama in a landslide.

Ron Paul stood with Ronald Reagan in 1976 and he was one of only four republicans in the entire congress who endorsed Reagan during the beginning of the Reagan Revolution. Ron Paul is the only candidate in this race who was endorsed by Reagan - and now we have the opportunity to continue that revolution today. Our country is at a critical moment in history. We cannot afford to elect another status quo politician that will go back on their word once in office. We cannot afford to tinker around the edges. We need someone who is offering honest constitutional restoration to make this country great again. We need someone who has remained consistent to their oath and true to their word. Simply stated, we need someone we can trust. There is only one clear choice. America needs Ron Paul.

sailingaway
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Why not 'his budget plan would balance the budget in 3 years without cutting social security, medicare or veteran's benefits'? I'm telling you, that is the REASON we are losing seniors. They don't know this.

Havax
01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Why not 'his budget plan would balance the budget in 3 years without cutting social security, medicare or veteran's benefits'? I'm telling you, that is the REASON we are losing seniors. They don't know this.

Added.

Okaloosa
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Ron Paul is the only one that can beat Obama in Iowa. Iowa is a much needed swing state. Ron Paul vs Obama 42-42 with Romney losing by seven 46-39.

http://www.nationalpolls.com/2012/general-election/iowa.html

Havax
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Ron Paul is the only one that can beat Obama in Iowa. Iowa is a much needed swing state. Ron Paul vs Obama 42-42 with Romney losing by seven 46-39.

http://www.nationalpolls.com/2012/general-election/iowa.html

I have that in the opening paragraph.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-03-2012, 01:19 PM

Why hasn't RP placed more emphasis on his plan to gradually phase out without revoking benefits from those who have already paid in? The campaign should be focusing more attention on this in their approach.

NoPants
01-03-2012, 01:20 PM
It's certainly easier to read with the big blue text.

Note to caucus goers: If you aren't going to use this speech at least consider printing yours in a huge blue font. :)

mosquitobite
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Another quick and easy jab:

Romneycare vs Obamacare

Obamacare is the *ONLY* thing that they have to bash Obama on to bring the conservative coalition together. If they nominate Romney - that dig is G.O.N.E!

Havax
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
bump for anyone about to start heading to the caucus.

LadyBastiat
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Bump with a change:

This...

Futhermore, as a veteran of the Air Force, Ron Paul has received more donations from active duty military than all of the other republican candidates put together.

I would say Paul, a veteran of the Air Force, has received more....... Rest is good. I wouldn't want to imply his duty as the reason for his donations from military.

Havax
01-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Done

mosquitobite
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
How important is this, and how smart is Havax?
Entrance poll:
http://i41.tinypic.com/xftj05.jpg

of the 32% that say beating Obama is the most important - half of them support Romney.

It's not the war we have to convert them on - it's WINNING. Tonight will go a long way towards that.