PDA

View Full Version : ELECTABILITY -- It MUST Be included in the Caucus Speeches

Tyler_Durden
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I just spoke to two people on the GOTV Phone from Home who indicated they like Paul, but are casting their Votes for Romney since he is the "most likely to beat Obama."

Caucus Speakers MUST address this tonight during their Speeches!! We NEED a Candidate who can Defeat the Status Quo!!

Honestly, I think the "must defeat Obama" GOP battle cry is part of the Propaganda. Any deep thinking individual would know that our problems are much deeper than one man.

"...the GOP contest reflects an intensifying search by voters for the candidate they believe has the strongest chance of unseating President Obama next November.?
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/28/nation/la-na-campaign-2012-issues-20111229

fearthereaperx
01-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Are you allowed to counter back on any of their statements?

Havax
01-03-2012, 12:38 PM
"Despite what you may have heard, our only two candidates that draw support from independents and democrats and are within reasonable striking distance of defeating Barack Obama are Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The other 5 candidates are being absolutely destroyed by Obama in the latest head-to-head matchup polls, all losing by double digits.

We all agree here that we need to elect someone in 2012 that will do two things: 1) be able to win the nomination and beat Obama and 2) offer different policies than Obama. Between the two electable candidates, Paul and Romney, I am personally backing Ron Paul because he is clearly the only option that meets both of those requirements.

Of these two - and of the entire field of candidates we have to choose from today for that matter - Ron Paul is the only one that has voted against every bailout every time, has never voted for a tax increase, has never voted in support of individual mandates, has a plan to balance the budget in one term, has not flip-flopped on a single issue throughout his three decades of public service, and by all accounts, is absolutely incorruptible. In terms of being able to win the nomination and beat Obama, Ron Paul is the only candidate besides Mitt Romney with the organization of a nationwide campaign and the necessary money to make it in the long haul. He is currently in a very solid 2nd in New Hampshire's polling.

Of our only two electable candidates, Ron Paul will have the best chance to beat Obama because not only will all republicans rally around him after the nomination in order to beat the president, but also because he currently pulls in the most votes of independents and disaffected democrats than any other candidate in this race. Futhermore, as a veteran of the Air Force, Ron Paul has received more donations from active duty military than all of the other republican candidates put together. When it comes time to debate Obama on the national stage, Ron Paul will win over the vast majority of the country and defeat Obama in a landslide.

Ron Paul stood with Ronald Reagan in 1976 and he was one of only four republicans in the entire congress who endorsed Reagan during the beginning of the Reagan Revolution. Ron Paul is the only candidate in this race who was endorsed by Reagan - and now we have the opportunity to continue that revolution today. Our country is at a critical moment in history. We cannot afford to elect another status quo politician that will go back on their word once in office. We cannot afford to tinker around the edges. We need someone who is offering honest constitutional restoration to make this country great again. We need someone who has remained consistent to their oath and true to their word. Simply stated, we need someone we can trust. There is only one clear choice. America needs Ron Paul."

jkr
01-03-2012, 12:39 PM
why do they think romnkucles will defeat ANYTHING?
HE WILL GET SLAUGHTERED IN THE GENERAL, WAKE UP BEFORE YOU VOTE AWAY THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!

LibertyEagle
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I just spoke to two people on the GOTV Phone from Home who indicated they like Paul, but are casting their Votes for Romney since he is the "most likely to beat Obama."

Caucus Speakers MUST address this tonight during their Speeches!! We NEED a Candidate who can Defeat the Status Quo!!

Honestly, I think the "must defeat Obama" GOP battle cry is part of the Propaganda. Any deep thinking individual would know that our problems are much deeper than one man.

"...the GOP contest reflects an intensifying search by voters for the candidate they believe has the strongest chance of unseating President Obama next November.?
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/28/nation/la-na-campaign-2012-issues-20111229

A vote for ANYONE ELSE, but Ron Paul, IS A VOTE FOR THE STATUS QUO.

rblgenius
01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
"Despite what you may have heard, our only two candidates that draw support from independents and democrats and are within reasonable striking distance of defeating Barack Obama are Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The other 5 candidates are being absolutely destroyed by Obama in the latest head-to-head matchup polls, all losing by double digits.

We all agree here that we need to elect someone in 2012 that will do two things: 1) be able to win the nomination and beat Obama and 2) offer different policies than Obama. Between the two electable candidates, Paul and Romney, I am personally backing Ron Paul because he is clearly the only option that meets both of those requirements.

Of these two - and of the entire field of candidates we have to choose from today for that matter - Ron Paul is the only one that has voted against every bailout every time, has never voted for a tax increase, has never voted in support of individual mandates, has a plan to balance the budget in one term, has not flip-flopped on a single issue throughout his three decades of public service, and by all accounts, is absolutely incorruptible. In terms of being able to win the nomination and beat Obama, Ron Paul is the only candidate besides Mitt Romney with the organization of a nationwide campaign and the necessary money to make it in the long haul. He is currently in a very solid 2nd in New Hampshire's polling.

Of our only two electable candidates, Ron Paul will have the best chance to beat Obama because not only will all republicans rally around him after the nomination in order to beat the president, but also because he currently pulls in the most votes of independents and disaffected democrats than any other candidate in this race. Futhermore, as a veteran of the Air Force, Ron Paul has received more donations from active duty military than all of the other republican candidates put together. When it comes time to debate Obama on the national stage, Ron Paul will win over the vast majority of the country and defeat Obama in a landslide.

Ron Paul stood with Ronald Reagan in 1976 and he was one of only four republicans in the entire congress who endorsed Reagan during the beginning of the Reagan Revolution. Ron Paul is the only candidate in this race who was endorsed by Reagan - and now we have the opportunity to continue that revolution today. Our country is at a critical moment in history. We cannot afford to elect another status quo politician that will go back on their word once in office. We cannot afford to tinker around the edges. We need someone who is offering honest constitutional restoration to make this country great again. We need someone who has remained consistent to their oath and true to their word. Simply stated, we need someone we can trust. There is only one clear choice. America needs Ron Paul."

Lord Xar
01-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Did you convince them otherwise?

Tyler_Durden
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
"Despite what you may have heard, our only two candidates that draw support from independents and democrats and are within reasonable striking distance of defeating Barack Obama are Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The other 5 candidates are being absolutely destroyed by Obama in the latest head-to-head matchup polls, all losing by double digits."

Genius! I hope copies of this are in the right hands in Iowa!

Tyler_Durden
01-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Did you convince them otherwise?

I did convince one. I explained how Obama/Mitt are cut from the same cloth and have the same money-backers. I gave her website sources. She was thankful.

The other lady was elderly and wasn't accepting of my attempts. sigh.

Okaloosa
01-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Ron Paul is also the only one that can beat Obama in Iowa. Iowa is a much needed swing state. Ron Paul vs Obama 42-42 with Romney losing by seven 46-39. This is one state only Ron Paul can win and beat Obama. Romney does better in New Hampshire. Iowa, New Hampshire, and Florida all early states and swing states so for that reason they need to be worked that much harder.

http://www.nationalpolls.com/2012/general-election/iowa.html

mosquitobite
01-03-2012, 12:56 PM
The doctor or the liar?

Romneycare vs Obamacare? (How is that a winning prescription? It's NOT! We need a doctor for the real prescription!)

tennman
01-03-2012, 01:05 PM
According to this CNN poll, http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/05/cnn-poll-still-no-front-runner-in-the-battle-for-the-gop-nomination/, Paul does the best against Obama.

Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, who also ran as a libertarian candidate for president in 1988 and who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown. Huckabee trails by eight points, with Romney down 11 points to Obama.

The poll indicates the president leading Gingrich by 17 points, Palin by 19, and Trump by 22 points.

How the candidate does against Obama is a big deal to a lot of people so this is what we should be pointing to. Every Paul supporter should post this to Facebook, put this in forum signatures, tweet it, email it, etc.! This one fact alone should be made as public as possible and known by all.

moostraks
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Ergh...electability is defined by the voters unless the system is corrupt. They have the power to choose who is electable. If they vote for who outsiders say they should vote for rather than making a reasoned choice, only then have they truly thrown away their vote....

zadrock
01-03-2012, 01:18 PM
The other lady was elderly and wasn't accepting of my attempts. sigh.

So did you give her the wrong caucus location? Offer her a ride that would not be forthcoming? :D

Disclaimer: No one should actually do these things, even if they are supporting another candidate. Just trying to lighten the mood...

lilymc
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Remember this one, from last time around? I loved this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9c9mkkYgLM

louisiana4liberty
01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I agree. This is very important to voters. How long have you been voting for the same status quo, lesser of two evils? This is the ONE to actually change Washington.

Tyler_Durden
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Bumping this. I posted this BEFORE the Caucus.

Convincing Voters of ELECTIBILITY is Critical.

Tax the Fed
01-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I couldn't believe it in Van Buren County (IA) -
one mainstream GOP'er said that he favored Romney because he looked better on TV - that made him more electable. LMFAO

This to a precinct with nearly 40% Ron Paul votes cast - to Romney's second place with less than 19% and Santorum's 15%