PDA

View Full Version : Doherty from Reason is in Iowa, covering Ron (VIDEO)

BamaFanNKy
01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Ron Paul Expects "Dramatic Good News" Night Before Iowa Caucus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkytqrFFbA4&feature=g-user-u

Xenophage
01-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I saw about half of it at very low volume, then it stopped streaming... hard to watch youtube while I'm at work. What's the gist of it? Didn't seem like a hit piece to me.

FreeTraveler
01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
How'd you get "hit piece" out of that? Doherty says it's not a cult of personality, it's a cult of reason. Damn good piece, IMO.

"He makes sense not just on this one issue, but this overall picture of liberty and limited government."

"He's going to come in over 20%, absolutely a strong second and a win is a possibility."

sailingaway
Oh, we like Doherty.

the guy with the hat and the flags on his shirt..... sigh.....

Publicani
I really don't like misleading titles - not funny, sneaky, and manipulative. Especially not appropriate in my view in a forum dedicated to the most honest and principal guy.

sailingaway
How'd you get "hit piece" out of that? Doherty says it's not a cult of personality, it's a cult of reason. Damn good piece, IMO.

"He makes sense not just on this one issue, but this overall picture of liberty and limited government."

He thought it was a hook to get us to watch but most don't give hits views by now, and I almost sent it to hot topics....

BamaFanNKy
01-03-2012, 11:12 AM
It's a troll move in the headline. Not a hit piece. Everytime I post reason someone gives me a list why they are neo-cons.

BamaFanNKy
01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I really don't like misleading titles - not funny, sneaky, and manipulative. Especially not appropriate in my view in a forum dedicated to the most honest and principal guy.

You are totally not into having fun. As Ron says. If you can't take a joke..... then maybe you are taking it too serious (the message board that is).

FreeTraveler
Yeah, the title totally sucks. Change it.

sailingaway
It's a troll move in the headline. Not a hit piece. Everytime I post reason someone gives me a list why they are neo-cons.

neolibertarians, a lot of them, corporatists who justify war beyond defense and cronyism. Not all though. The Democrats have their political class and political establishment, so does the GOP, so do libertarians, and Reason is part of that political class.

BamaFanNKy
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
neolibertarians, a lot of them, corporatists who justify war beyond defense and cronyism. Not all though.

Odd how people who argue against the collective seem to put people in groups. Not you per se. Also, that new thread title is awful.

libertyfanatic
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Good piece

FreeTraveler
01-03-2012, 11:16 AM
The new title is great. And accurate.

BamaFanNKy
01-03-2012, 11:19 AM
The new title is great. And accurate.

meh. accurate and boring.

BamaFanNKy
01-03-2012, 11:20 AM
neolibertarians, a lot of them, corporatists who justify war beyond defense and cronyism. Not all though. The Democrats have their political class and political establishment, so does the GOP, so do libertarians, and Reason is part of that political class.

Reason has zero sway with even the LP. Come on.

Publicani
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Thank you for changing the title

Xenophage
01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Reason is the only decent political rag, even if they sometimes hire dolts and print crap articles.

affa
01-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Reason has zero sway with even the LP. Come on.

And your just often enough negativity and consistent defense of the media has no sway with us.

BamaFanNKy
01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
And your just often enough negativity and consistent defense of the media has no sway with us.

You mean my consistent yang to the yen of everyone thinking there is always a conspiracy. You do realize we look like whiners and conspiracy nuts. Stop bitching about the media and become it. Through blogs, buying radio stations, starting TV shows and publications. Be pro-active instead of a whiner.