PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum wins Rupert Murdoch endorsement

bobbyw24
01-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire media mogul who owns News Corporation, signaled his support for GOP candidate Rick Santorum in a tweet Monday night.

Murdoch, called the socially conservative Santorum, “the only candidate with genuine big vision for country.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/rick-santorum-wins-rupert-murdoch-endorsement/2012/01/03/gIQAzOH7XP_blog.html?wprss=election-2012&tid=sm_twitter_postpolitics

bobbyw24
01-03-2012, 08:56 AM
The reason for the surge???

bluesc
01-03-2012, 08:59 AM
The reason for the surge???

I don't think so. I do think that Murdoch is trying to get Romney elected though, and this is the best way to go about it.

bobbyw24
01-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't think so. I do think that Murdoch is trying to get Romney elected though, and this is the best way to go about it.

Hmm hadn't thought about that

NoPants
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
This is a bad endorsement to get. It may help in the short run (maybe) but major endorsements for Romney from Washington establishment have hurt him as much as helped. There's a large number of voters that don't want another establishment candidate and this Murdoch endorsement is no different. That's probably why he wouldn't say he supports Romney. It would likely hurt him, I think.