PDA

View Full Version : A Sign of Courage

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-03-2012, 07:31 AM
A Sign of Courage

We’ve come a long way as a movement, and everyone knows this to be indisputable. However, the most important part is to remember how much Ron Paul has helped teach us about ourselves. He’s held a mirror up to our own actions, the things we say, and how we treat others. He’s taught us how to become pro-active rather than reactive. His arms grow weary, for he has been holding this mirror up for longer than most of us have been alive. If that’s not the sign of a patriot, a man that cares for us and others, then I could not explain to you what those things are. The amount of determination this man possesses, is unmatched by comparison. It’s because of this element of Dr. Paul as to why it has made us so determined. This man (and we) has watched his country spiral downward, watched as we stare in the mirror with our eyes closed, and has been condemned for telling us to open those eyes. I’m sure he has had many nights, to sit and think, and even feel sadness while we continued to not listen. Unfortunately, many still are not listening, and this is why it’s up to each individual to awaken themselves. We can only offer the path to others, as Dr. Paul has done for us. Not all will choose this path . . . for freedom truly is scary for those which are dependent.

I will not attempt to make predictions, if we do not learn from this mirror he holds still to this day. However, from deep down, I believe it would be fair to say that we all foresee the consequences. I believe as time persists, we begin to connect the dots more and more. I believe that we’re all beginning to understand just how many different aspects of our lives are at stake here. This is an election that will determine perhaps the rest of our lives as people—a nation—we have the option to protect ourselves and others from this potential reality. The founding of this nation was started by men that fought for freedom, not men that just wanted to fight. I believe in our message, a love revolution, for we do not wish to fight for the wrong reasons. We’ve overcome many obstacles together, and as individuals. The only thing at this point that challenges us is two different things. The first is the same men that started the issues to begin with. They’re only men, and they still stare in the mirror with eyes wide closed. The second is ourselves, and we must first question if we truly desire freedom and our independence. I believe that it would be fair to say . . . that many of us are here because we already do.

We’re a sign of courage, in an era where standing up has been ostracized, ridiculed, ignored, and even outlawed. We’re the epitome of what this nation was built on. We’re the ones that have stood against those which deprive us of freedom and independence. We’re at first a love revolution, and secondly an information revolution. The fight will live on beyond Ron Paul, and this is our role as Citizens that we have slowly forfeited throughout the generations. Men and women have been in our position before, and have even given their lives for these ideas. What do you consider a noble sacrifice? The question is now . . . what if we do not achieve this? I believe the answer is self-explanatory to most of us. However, I do wish to remind all of us, that we cannot allow ourselves to forget our role as citizens again. We cannot forget that we are men and women of courage. We’re the epitome of what this nation stood for, and it has been an honor to stand among you.

We’re a diverse crowd, a unity of many different beliefs. We’ve unified under one idea that is essential for humanity. We do so while remaining our own individuals. I will never forget just how easily we all associate with one another. I will never forget that we can stand together, in unity, under this same goal. We inspire, fight, and are determined. We sacrifice, consistently, and this never stops.

Don’t let it stop.
Not now, not ever.
It starts with you Iowa.
Push.

dfalken
01-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Awesome words!

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Awesome words!

I appreciate the reply. :)

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Felt like bumping to perhaps offer some more encouragement for our ladies and gentleman @ Iowa. :)

coffeewithgames
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I thought it was going to be this:
http://i.imgur.com/cSCZ6.jpg

"We’re a diverse crowd, a unity of many different beliefs."
Amen to this!

LadyBastiat
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Brought tears to my eyes...I've been doing that a lot today which just goes to show how thoroughly committed I am to a future full of the reality of Liberty. Thank you!

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Brought tears to my eyes...I've been doing that a lot today which just goes to show how thoroughly committed I am to a future full of the reality of Liberty. Thank you!

I did so while I wrote it. I believe it connects with most of us.

Aratus
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
true poetry inside a prosepoem!

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I thought it was going to be this:
http://i.imgur.com/cSCZ6.jpg

"We’re a diverse crowd, a unity of many different beliefs."
Amen to this!

Haha. They're both kinda' the same thing yeah? :P

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM