PDA

View Full Version : [video] Dick Morris Boldly Lies On FOX About Ron Paul VS Obama Poll #s he's REALLY 2d best

Immortal Technique
01-03-2012, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY_iZbJg4zg

or

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnfvyy_dick-morris-boldly-lies-on-fox-news-about-ron-paul-vs-obama-poll-numbers_news

Airing Date Jan 02 2012

Here are the facts Mr Morris
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

mod: and here is the RCP average of candidate polls against Obama http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html -- you have to go through the different candidate charts but the averages are:

Obama over Romney +1.6
Obama over Paul +7.7
Obama over Gingrich +8.9
Obama over Perry 12.5
Obama over Huntsman 10.7
Obama over Bachmann 15.0

And while Santorum wasn't even polled head to head enough to have an RCP average, in every head to head poll I've seen him in that I recall, he was dead last against Obama.

Ron Paul is the closest after Romney to Obama in Rasmussen polling only %8 points behind. Dick Morris in this video claims Ron Paul is 20 points behind Obama.
I don't know whats worse, Dick Morris's out right lie or the fact that Greta Van Susteren did not correct him.Even if she didnt know the exact numbers she should know 20 percentage points is extremely extreme. Fair and balance indeed.

Kevin Smyth
01-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Send it to Drudge

jsingh1022
01-03-2012, 01:50 AM
At this point chicken hawk dick morris is obsessed with Ron Paul. All he ever wants to talk about is RP. I turn to the quote "that which you resist, will persist." In the grand scheme of things the gabage that morris spews helps us because people can see he is emotionally affected. As a result, they will wonder why and read into Ron Paul more. So thanks Dick, you helped us win Iowa. :)

JohnGalt23g
01-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Dick Morris is filthy, toe-sucking, whore-chasing liar.

But then we already knew that, didn't we?

Kevin Smyth
01-03-2012, 02:03 AM
At this point chicken hawk dick morris is obsessed with Ron Paul. All he ever wants to talk about is RP. I turn to the quote "that which you resist, will persist." In the grand scheme of things the gabage that morris spews helps us because people can see he is emotionally affected. As a result, they will wonder why and read into Ron Paul more. So thanks Dick, you helped us win Iowa. :)

The Fox News viewers who would trust Morris don't read into anything more, I doubt they even finish those Hannity books that are written on the intellectual level of a children's popup book.

unknown
01-03-2012, 02:21 AM
The new meme has to be something like "send a big f you to the establishment, vote Ron Paul".

With Bush's Patriot Act and Obama's NDAA, it has to be clear to anyone whos not delusional that they're all playing for the same team.

In the next debate, everyone will oppose the NDAA. Ron Paul is the only one who can say that he opposed both the Patriot Act AND the NDAA. :) Consistency brother.

Electric Church
01-03-2012, 03:10 AM
He could barely get out Ron Paul's name without almost choking....

Johnnybags
01-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Just a despicable, vile "4 minute man" who will do or say anything for the dollar just like his prostitutes. Van Susteren is the Berlin Betty of FOX.

sailingaway
01-03-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm tempted to promote this to the front page, but likely there is something better. People should think about what that is. I was wondering if it was best to put up 'the only one we can trust' video......

freneticentropy
01-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Peter Schiff owning Dick Morris a while back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHInoaJKzS4

KingNothing
01-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I love that he's working that Big Lie strategy. It suits him.

What a scumbag.

KingNothing
01-03-2012, 07:18 AM
The new meme has to be something like "send a big f you to the establishment, vote Ron Paul".

With Bush's Patriot Act and Obama's NDAA, it has to be clear to anyone whos not delusional that they're all playing for the same team.

In the next debate, everyone will oppose the NDAA. Ron Paul is the only one who can say that he opposed both the Patriot Act AND the NDAA. :) Consistency brother.

They won't oppose it. Huntsman might. Romney might say we need to be prudent with its use. Gingrich, Santorum, and Bachmann will say that it doesn't go far enough, and that we need to preemptively imprison everyone. Just to be safe.

sailingaway
01-03-2012, 07:22 AM
I added some stuff to the OP about the RCP average which I think should be available to people at caucuses. Hope you don't mind!

tbone717
01-03-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm not one to bring up legal issues usually, but is there a point where an outright lie like this becomes a case of libel? It is not like he said "polls say he is 20 points back", he specifically cites Rasmussen. I guess the question is, how much does truth have to be distorted before it becomes a legal issue? We all know that pundits and talking heads bend the truth frequently, but this lie is far more blatant and specific. Obviously, given Morris' previous statements, it is an attempt to sway voters away from voting for Paul. Is Morris therefore able to be charged with interfering in an election in any way?

Does anyone have any legal insight into this?

vechorik
01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Blaze had an O'Reilly article and video -- where he's saying Paul didn't have a chance to beat O'Reilly.

I sent it to Blaze, said O'Reilly is lying.

sailingaway
01-03-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm not one to bring up legal issues usually, but is there a point where an outright lie like this becomes a case of libel? It is not like he said "polls say he is 20 points back", he specifically cites Rasmussen. I guess the question is, how much does truth have to be distorted before it becomes a legal issue? We all know that pundits and talking heads bend the truth frequently, but this lie is far more blatant and specific. Obviously, given Morris' previous statements, it is an attempt to sway voters away from voting for Paul. Is Morris therefore able to be charged with interfering in an election in any way?

Does anyone have any legal insight into this?

If he doesn't correct it, only. So he'll correct it -- tomorrow.

Like that slew of articles saying Ron had dropped out before the March elections in 2008 -- the main ones corrected it AFTER the March primaries. Mind you, so many little ones had picked it up and didn't pick up the correction that people months later still thought he had dropped out.

evadmurd
01-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Aren't these media types subject to fact checking like the candidates are. There must be a media fact check out there. He'd rate worse than Bachmann.

sailingaway
01-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Aren't these media types subject to fact checking like the candidates are. There must be a media fact check out there. He'd rate worse than Bachmann.

everyone is their own media fact check site, and it doesn't even occur to people that it might be needed until they see some odd event unexplained by what they are being told.

libertyguy
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
So when are the networks going to get rid of this party switching toe sucking playboy and get a decent, honest person to give factual information? Answer: When they also get rid of the Huckster and Spitzer. Amazing that Americans give so much attention to dispicable types!

iamse7en
01-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I emailed "Dick:" (dickmorris [at] dickmorris.com)

I totally understand that you disagree with Ron Paul. I even understand why you want to destroy Ron Paul on just about every media appearance you make (mostly because I know about your lack of principles, character, and economic understanding). But your bold-faced lying is getting ridiculous. You recently stated (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY_iZbJg4zg&feature=player_embedded) that Dr. Paul does the worst against Obama, losing by 20%, according to Rasmussen data. Sadly, most of the sheep that watch FOX News will just accept all your lies and not do their own research. I know - my Dad is one of them who tried to use this statistic against me.

However, this is the most ridiculous lie, and I think you know it. There's no way you could have misspoke or misread the polling data. Ron Paul has consistently been the SECOND BEST in matchups against Obama, according to RCP Averages. And Rasmussen's most recent report ALSO shows he's the SECOND BEST, behind 8 percentage points, against Obama, behind Romney. PPP Polling will go even further to say that there is a legitimate argument that Dr. Paul is the strongest candidate against Obama.

I hope that you continue to make these lies. All it does is destroy your credibility. Continue making lies about the Gold Standard, about polling data, and about Dr. Paul's constitutional foreign policy. Eventually, nobody will listen to you. And all you will have left is a few prostitute's toes to suck on.

I hope you know that us Ron Paul supporters look forward to your media appearances. You make yourself look silly and stupid. We look forward to hearing your lies with glee. Your credibility and character will just continue to deteriorate.

Have a good day.

ctiger2
01-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Who cares, Morris is a big-government-status-quo-warmongering-liberal-fascist.