PDA

View Full Version : Had a few political conversations here in Florida over the weekend

Elwar
01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I was wearing a Ron Paul t-shirt over the weekend at a few bars and got into a few "discussions" with a few passionate Republicans.

The theme on their end was that Ron Paul is "crazy" on foreign policy. I went through many of Ron Paul's stances but I found two that gave them pause.

1. Mitt Romney's top 3 donors are 3 different banks, Ron Paul's top 3 donors are the Army, Navy and Air Force.

2. As president, if Iran got a nuclear weapon and Congress declared war, Ron Paul would go to war, win it and bring the troops home.

Mind you, there was no way to go into details or "explain" anything. The conversation was quite heated and me being young and most people being older they assume that I am naive and would not take me "explaining" anything to them.

I believe that something that would help greatly would be a business card with the donation pie chart from military and half with the statement about how Ron Paul would go in and win a declared war.

With the other side of the card having statements about his economic stances of never raising taxes and never voting for balanced budgets, etc.

flightlesskiwi
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
same "problem" i have.

i've come to the conclusion that the Ron Paul supporting vets are going to have to be the spear that drives RP's foreign policy points home to GOPers in the grassroots side of things.

and that prominent veterans and exCIA agents who support RP need to be utilized in a big way on the official campaign front.

I was wearing a Ron Paul t-shirt over the weekend at a few bars and got into a few "discussions" with a few passionate Republicans.

The theme on their end was that Ron Paul is "crazy" on foreign policy. I went through many of Ron Paul's stances but I found two that gave them pause.

1. Mitt Romney's top 3 donors are 3 different banks, Ron Paul's top 3 donors are the Army, Navy and Air Force.

2. As president, if Iran got a nuclear weapon and Congress declared war, Ron Paul would go to war, win it and bring the troops home.

Mind you, there was no way to go into details or "explain" anything. The conversation was quite heated and me being young and most people being older they assume that I am naive and would not take me "explaining" anything to them.

I believe that something that would help greatly would be a business card with the donation pie chart from military and half with the statement about how Ron Paul would go in and win a declared war.

With the other side of the card having statements about his economic stances of never raising taxes and never voting for balanced budgets, etc.