PDA

View Full Version : ron paul introduces legislation to abolish the federal reserve

johngr
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
http://www.teambio.org/2007/06/ron-paul-introduces-legislation-to-abolish-the-federal-reserve/

It's hard for me to get my head the implications of this. I am sure he will use his office to introduce other rhetorical legislation (which of course is great and which the MSM will have to ignore).

Bossobass
06-17-2007, 12:00 PM
This is it. HR 2755. Get motivated to let Congress know we're watching this Bill.

The OP's link has comments that explain the Fed's stranglehold on our economy, foreign policy and legislation. There is much info available about this, the most critical plank of RP's Platform, and I advise every American to bone up on the subject.

My father taught me when I was 10 years old that only the Fed has the ability to cause inflation by printing money in excess of GDP. That was 43 years ago, and I've watched our purchasing power dwindle to 4 cents on the dollar, and our national debt increase to 9 TRILLION $$$.

I'm stunned at the guts RP has in his convictions to right the wrongs in the this country. The least I can do is support his efforts with all my might.

NC Representatives...get ready to hear from me.:D :cool:

RP08 Thank God. Can't Wait.

Bosso

jd603
06-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't know why he introduced it now, to scare the shit out of the super-elite? :)

Seems he would have waited until after he got more traction... unless he is doing it for attention now? I don't understand the timing of the move is all.

specsaregood
06-17-2007, 12:41 PM
//

LibertyEagle
06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh geez... there's a couple of IDIOTS over there who are spouting off about Jews, while they are agreeing with Dr. Paul's legislation on the Federal Reserve.

I can't think of what to say to make them shut the hell up, without making the situation worse.

Have people lost their cotton-picking minds? I'm just so sick and tired of people pushing their own stupid agenda, whether it be railing against Jews or another movement, out of one side of their mouth and praising Dr. Paul out of the other. When we all know, Dr. Paul does NOT AGREE with their stances. This is the type of BS that is going to destroy this campaign before it ever has a chance to get off the ground!

Bradley in DC
06-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh geez... there's a couple of IDIOTS over there who are spouting off about Jews, while they are agreeing with Dr. Paul's legislation on the Federal Reserve.

I can't think of what to say to make them shut the hell up, without making the situation worse.

Have people lost their cotton-picking minds? I'm just so sick and tired of people pushing their own stupid agenda, whether it be railing against Jews or another movement, out of one side of their mouth and praising Dr. Paul out of the other. When we all know, Dr. Paul does NOT AGREE with their stances. This is the type of BS that is going to destroy this campaign before it ever has a chance to get off the ground!

Dr Paul favors abolition of our central bank because he follows Ludwig von Mises' advice--an Austrian Jew.

Quantumystic
06-17-2007, 12:55 PM

No it won't... although I'm sure The Dr.'s opposition will use people posting supposedly as "backers" of RP and say really wack stuff to try to paint the campaign as a bunch nutjobs.

I suggest anytime we see these "suspicious backers"... we point out The Dr. holds NO such positions, and question if the posters are in fact Fakes/Operatives for another candidate... since their craziness only helps other candidates, certainly not RP.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Ok, thanks. That's a good idea.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Man, our good doctor is certainly going for the gusto, isn't he? He also has a bill in the works to get us out of the UN.

I just love this man!

LibertyEagle
06-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Bradley, maybe you know the answer to this. I'm a bit confused why he entered this legislation, although I think it's great, because he has said several times recently that he doesn't believe we should get out of the Federal Reserve immediately, because it would be too disruptive. As I recall, he recommended legalizing gold for trade, as a first step.

Can you explain?

beerista
06-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Dr Paul favors abolition of our central bank because he follows Ludwig von Mises' advice--an Austrian Jew.
I also heard the crazy idea that he worships a Jewish carpenter. :eek:

legion
06-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Bradley, maybe you know the answer to this. I'm a bit confused why he entered this legislation, although I think it's great, because he has said several times recently that he doesn't believe we should get out of the Federal Reserve immediately, because it would be too disruptive. As I recall, he recommended legalizing gold for trade, as a first step.

Can you explain?

congressmen sponsor legislation all the time that has no hope of passing.

it's meerly to make a point and to bring the issue before the house, usually so they can speak on it.

SeekLiberty
06-17-2007, 01:21 PM

What? His campaign IS off the ground! ... growing like crazy! What are you talking about? lol.

Are you trying to induce fear? Why do that?

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd." - Bertrand Russell

Is THAT the tactic? :eek:

"There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings." - Dorothy Thompson

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

- SL

"There's no evidence, from NON-seekers of truth about 9/11, which debunks the CONTRADICTIONS
of the federal governments' official pet-propaganda version of the 9/11 tragedy." - SeekLiberty

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2602704786128880796

Silverback
06-17-2007, 01:22 PM
There are other options than just status quo and returning to a gold standard too.

There's no reason to wait to get rid of the Fed really, we could go to treasury notes immediately without any real disruption if it were handled right.

lynnf
06-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Can you explain?

Excuse me for butting in, but maybe it's because it's not Federal and it's not a reserve. The article said that he also introduced it in 2003.

lynn

LibertyEagle
06-17-2007, 01:25 PM
SeekLiberty:

Put a cork in it, will you.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Excuse me for butting in, but maybe it's because it's not Federal and it's not a reserve. The article said that he also introduced it in 2003.

lynn

And your point is............................? I said I thought it was good. I only asked a question, because dissolving the Federal Reserve conflicts with what I have heard him say recently in several speeches.

And regardless of whether it is federal or a reserve, it is the name of the organization.

AnotherAmerican
06-17-2007, 02:26 PM
The Federal Reserve System is esoteric; practically no one understands it, and the truth of it is hidden even from most college students. Yet dissolution of the Fed is a critical piece of the Paul platform. Might as well get it out there early.

The anti-Semitist threadjackers are probably bank-backed agent provacateurs (who else would know about Ludwig von Mises?). Or else they're "useful idiots."

This is all just my personal opinion though; it has no more backing than, say, a Federal Reserve Note.

Bossobass
06-17-2007, 03:11 PM
The anti-semite story loses traction with me in the simple fact that the Rockefellers...aren't jews.

It's irrelevant who owns the stock of the privately held corporation made up of 'member banks' that is the Federal Reserve Bank. The bottom line is that they control our lives in too many ways while amassing wealth beyond imagination and direct our covert and overt capabilities in ways that are disasterous to America all over this globe.

They are the sole cause of inflation. They've reduced the buying power of our currency to 4 cents on the dollar. Since Fiat (meaning by decree) money is backed by nothing the Fed has schemed to tie the dollar to worldwide oil sales.

CIA had engaged in some 10,000 covert operations around the world after WWII, largely to assure Exxon's and BP's oil monopoly.

Nixon removed the dollar from it's tie to gold in 1971.

Since the oil shocks and series of intense inflation/recession of the 70s under Nixon and Carter, all worldwide oil sales have been dollar-denominated. This means that every country that wants to buy oil (read all of them) must buy and hold dollars to affect the transaction.

Saddam tried to sell his sanctioned oil through a UN loophole...for Euros instead of dollars. We attacked. Iraqi oil now is sold for dollars only and the UN loophole is closed forever.

Iran has attempted to open a competing exchange to the NYCOMEX and London IPE (the only 2 places on Earth you can trade oil) that they intend to accept Euros (and other currencies) for oil. Thus, talk of nuke attack, "if deemed necessary".

Bush is racing to install a 'missile shield' at Russia's border. Russia has vastly improved it's economy under Putin and now has greater oil producing capacity than Saudi Arabia.

Bush is vastly expanding the bases in S Korea (much to the chagrin of S Koreans, who are violently protesting). N Korea is red, as is China.

Bush is pushing the space based weapons shield program, the Real ID/RFID chip program, the North American Union (through S&PP) and has systematically dismantled the US Constitution.

Chavez owns Citgo and Venezuala, huge oil reserves and is #5 supplier of US oil consumption. He also has talked about selling his oil for Euros.

Put the pieces of this puzzle together any way you like, but realize that the Fed's precious dollar must remain tied to worldwide oil sales, exclusively, for their schemes to work. Once they are completed, they can let the dollar crash and gobble up what remains of US assets for pennies on the dollar.

For those who think abolishing the Fed is a radical idea, just remember that the Fed owners plan to do the same thing to their own dollar in favor of the Amero, just as they did in Europe to their previous currencies in favor of the Euro. This will have far greater adverse effects on our economy than what RP proposes.

Sorry for the rant, but I'd like to see this thread stay on topic, which is HR 2755. Spread the word and contact your Representatives. This one is a no-brainer, and makes RP a target of powerful and powerfully entrenched deviate criminals who are looting our treasury and assets by the trillions.

Bosso

4Horsemen
06-17-2007, 03:56 PM
The Federal Reserve System is esoteric; practically no one understands it, and the truth of it is hidden even from most college students. Yet dissolution of the Fed is a critical piece of the Paul platform. Might as well get it out there early.

The anti-Semitist threadjackers are probably bank-backed agent provacateurs (who else would know about Ludwig von Mises?). Or else they're "useful idiots."

This is all just my personal opinion though; it has no more backing than, say, a Federal Reserve Note.

Hidden from college students? College students are the herded masses. They suck up all that liberal BS that's shoved down their throats. Most people don't know about the Federal Reserve scam because they weren't instructed to learn about it. Your told what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. College is training, not education in a true sense.

Misesian
06-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Can you explain?

Oh no, there is a very easy and swift transition to a 100% backed Gold Dollar if we eliminated the Federal Reserve, especially since the Fed is just a private corporation.

I would recommend that you read The Case Against the Fed by Murray Rothbard, the last chapter pretty much explains how a swift an easy transition would occur by eliminating the Federal Reserve. I swear, the Austrian School was simply a gift from the Lord!! To paraphrase the transition it is essentially to revalue the gold stock to equal that of the liabilities from the Fed.

Bottom line is that there's no long-multi year transition needed, and there's much more to be learned about why we have to eliminate these guys and this is a good book to start from. I believe Murray Rothbard is one of Ron Paul's influences.

You're in luck, it's on sale current at the Mises Institute for $7: http://www.mises.org/store/Case-Against-the-Fed-The-P69C0.aspx

Along with The Case For a 100% Gold Dollar too for only $4: http://www.mises.org/store/Case-for-a-100-Percent-Gold-Dollar-The-P64C18.aspx

Bossobass
06-17-2007, 04:15 PM
College is training, not education in a true sense.

AMEN. People never examine where the text books come from.

I wanted to add another thought that people often bring up.

Q:"If RP gets rid of the IRS and income tax, how will we pay for the services that the government provides that we really need?

A: Every red cent that is collected in income taxes goes to service the debt created by the Federal Reserve. Not one cent goes to services. The only entity that will suffer is the Federal Reserve Bank.

Bosso

AnotherAmerican
06-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Hidden from college students? College students are the herded masses .... College is training, not education in a true sense.

I wholeheartedly agree. I wasn't trying to put "college students" on a pedestal; I just meant that if a HS grad figures out that something's not right about the economics he learned, and goes to college to "learn" more about the "reality," he gets his head messed up even worse.

The sooner the de-programming begins, the better, was my point. Sorry if it wasn't clear; I just mentioned college students in passing and didn't put a lot of thought into being specific about it. My bad.

mikelovesgod
06-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Hidden from college students? College students are the herded masses. They suck up all that liberal BS that's shoved down their throats. Most people don't know about the Federal Reserve scam because they weren't instructed to learn about it. Your told what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. College is training, not education in a true sense.

You are 100% right. It's funny how also today's college student thinks there are more intelligent people now than ever before. I think they would be in shock how brain-washed and programmed they are and how they have stopped thinking logically and critically. Even most philosophy students and professors shut down true logical philosophical points in order to continue with the world of BS.

My poor cousin got out of her philosophy course and began a discussion with me because she knew I was a philosophy major. We were discussing objective truth and she said, "Well my professor said there is no such thing as objective truth. There can only be truth with a lower case "t" (variable truths), but none with upper case "T"s." I asked her if her professor believed that statement with a lower case "t" or a big "T", because if its a "t" and not a "T" I'm free to disagree with him on the level of principle and he can't disagree with me because all truths to him are variables. She thought for a second and she said, "I never thought about that."

Bossobass
06-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Throughout the 80s and 90s we would get cold calls from rookie sales people from the investment houses who were soliciting our cash for investment with their various firms.

I would say the same to each of them:

If you can successfully explain to me the cause of inflation, I will hear the rest of your pitch and start you off with [X] dollars.

They would all immediately perk up saying 'That's easy!" (being fresh out of college and training for their new job) and put pencil to paper drawing the supply/demand graph and reciting their lesson ver batim.

I would then give them a second chance to go off and discover the real answer, then return to explain it to me.

I never had one return with the right answer. Most thought I was simply mistaken in pronouncing their supply/demand price of widgets answer to be incorrect.

Sad.

To abolish the Fed would be an astounding cause for celebration in this country.

Bosso

SeekLiberty
06-17-2007, 08:01 PM
SeekLiberty:

Put a cork in it, will you.

Yes Mr. "Try to Shut Me Up So I Don't Reveal Your Scare Tactics".

NOT.

Are you having some trouble dealing with the questions I posed at you?

You know, you and a couple others act extremely rude. I'd NEVER, no matter what you said to me... say to you "Put a cork in it, will you."

In spite of your behavior, I still support your Inalienable Right to say it.

I've got your back on your Rights and you shoot your Countrymen down. Sad.

- SL

goldenequity
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Last Friday, June 15, Ron Paul submitted to Congress the bill (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-2755) To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks and to repeal the Federal Reserve Act.

Why is this so important to Ron Paul?

This 3 1/2 hour film is like a college level course in World Economics and American Civics.

Once viewed, you will understand more about America's predicament than members of the House Banking and Finance committee.

The creators of this important film (http://www.themoneymasters.com/)have given ronpaulaudio (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com) permission to stream the video in its entirety and consider Ron Paul to be a National Hero.

hroos
06-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I did want to mention that a common tactic among legislators is to speak in an open session on an issue and have that speech entered automatically into the congressional record. This record is published annually and delivered to every major public library across the country. This documents is volumes long. So I am not surprised that Ron Paul would speak about the abolishment of the FED it order to maintain the issue somewhere in the public light.

giskard
06-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Is there an online petition of support for this bill?