PDA

View Full Version : An Explosion of Emotion. How do you feel about tomorrow?

No Free Beer
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I want to get something off my chest (no, I am not a woman).

I have been a Ron Paul supporter since 2009.

My moment was when I was reading various Ron Paul writings on the Ron Paul library website.

I read about class warfare and from then on, it was all Ron Paul.

Just like everyone else, I spread his message to all my family, friends, friends of friends, anyone I could talk with. Lets just say I have turned quite a few people (some neocons) over to the good Doctor.

It has been a little over 2 years since I have taken the liberty jump and I feel as though everything is coming full circle.

There is such a crazy energy on this site and all over the place with regards to Ron Paul.

It almost feels like this is truly his time. Things are coming full circle. I can smell it. I can taste it.

I can't even put into words how amazing this feeling is. I am very anxious, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

All I ever do is think about liberty, freedom, and Ron Paul.

Even though Iowa is just a small part of something so much greater, this feels different. It feels wonderful.

As I stated above, I don't even know what to write.

I know you all feel what I feel. An explosion of emotion!

I realize, if we do pull this off tomorrow, I will cry.

So go ahead, write it below. Lets get this circulating!

1stAmendguy
01-02-2012, 03:40 PM
This is what I'm feeling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA

No Free Beer
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
This is what I'm feeling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA

Honestly, I am feeling more serious than that. I am feeling something more along the lines of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrAm9Eiqcw

Xelaetaks
01-02-2012, 03:45 PM
really hoping for the best!! This could be a big day who knows what will happen

lib3rtarian
01-02-2012, 04:04 PM
I am getting drunk so that I can get through the day without having to deal with the real world.

kah13176
01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtjUc5GXY3E

Cshelton21
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm going to a watch party in Orlando at liberty HQ.

If we win Iowa I will be bawling my eyes out.

kah13176
01-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Same. Georgia 4 RP are gathering at a pub in ATL. I've thought about Paul and his ideas so much for so long that it keeps me up at night and affects my dreams.

No Free Beer
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I am so excited

Cowlesy
01-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I thought the caucus was on the 4th?

No Free Beer
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM

:eek:

Cowlesy
01-02-2012, 04:22 PM
:eek:

haha, I am so behind the times

Jack Bauer
01-02-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf7muYYQkJQ

cdc482
01-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Tuesday night. The third. 7pm.

ItsTime
01-02-2012, 04:26 PM
In NH the grassroots have massive out reaches planned for the 4th. Let us pray there is a Ron Paul win!

ShowMeLiberty
01-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Scared. Excited. Nervous. Anxious. I'll probably be a wreck till the results come out.

And if Paul wins, I'll be sobbing with joy.

playboymommy
01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I wasn't involved in the last campaign. I'm jumping out of my skin for this. I can't imagine what the originals feel like, those of you who started this fight since 07/08, to see how all of your hard work and energy is coming to fruition. Imagine the stories you'll get to tell your grand kids, the work you did to protect their liberties, that you were one of the Ron Paul Revolutionaries. You have of so much to be proud. From here it will only get better.

Darthbrooklyn
01-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Approx what time do they usually have the Iowa results?

lib3rtarian
01-02-2012, 04:34 PM
9 PM i heard ...

PatriotOne
01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I can't imagine what the originals feel like, those of you who started this fight since 07/08, to see how all of your hard work and energy is coming to fruition.

Mentally exhausted today.

trey4sports
01-02-2012, 04:54 PM
nervous. very nervous. Shit's gonna get real

Gravik
01-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Giddy, nervous, worried.

KramerDSP
01-02-2012, 04:58 PM
If Ron Paul wins Iowa, he has an outside shot at becoming the 45'th President of the United States. The stakes couldn't possibly be any higher.

R3volutionJedi
01-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Honestly, I am feeling more serious than that. I am feeling something more along the lines of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrAm9Eiqcw

I'm so glad you posted "Time". one of my favorite songs ever. Epic....just listening to it I could write out a monologue of how much the Iowa win would mean and ...epic vibes!!! ftw!

Alternative 336
01-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm as nervous as anyone else, but i've gotten really paranoid upon the news of the NDAA being law and hearing about how they will count the votes in Iowa in an "undisclosed location". I feel like this is the prime time for voter fraud. My prediction is that they will manipulate the votes to where Romney barely wins (2-3 %), then Paul, then Santorum in third to discredit Ron's placing. I hope that prediction isn't close and we win this thing. I know if it isn't manipulated we have this in the bag.

Napolitanic Wars
01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I wasn't involved in the last campaign. I'm jumping out of my skin for this. I can't imagine what the originals feel like,

Very nervous then depressed after the results. I suggest you devoid yourself of emotion for now.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/SpockVulcan.jpg

CaptainAmerica
01-02-2012, 05:07 PM
well...I feel that the Lobbyist Owned Media is bombarding the tv with so many lies about rick santorum that they can harm the elections.

InPaulWeTrust
01-02-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm in Orlando. Where is liberty HQ?

affa
01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
i don't agree with all of this, but I agree with the overall-ness of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0Q4YIdnGI

MJU1983
01-02-2012, 05:20 PM
This is about how I feel. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI

JK/SEA
01-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Wish i could go to the Jefferson Memorial. I'd get on bended knee and tell TJ we're trying real hard, then say a little prayer.

justatrey
01-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Scared. Excited. Nervous. Anxious. I'll probably be a wreck till the results come out.

Yeah, pretty much this. After the misery of watching the results come in in 2008...and watching these soulless bastards relentlessly do everything they can to marginalize such a great man for SO long, if he still pulls this off when they make the announcement I need to be alone because I might just start sobbing uncontrollably like a little girl.

TwoJ
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know when the results of tomorrow are released? Is it tomorrow night or later type thing? I hadn't been into politics before this year so I have no idea...

BLS
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
You people who are new to this (IE weren't here in 2007/8), I suggest you temper your expectations.

Rick Santorum could VERY well win Iowa tomorrow and Ron Paul could come in 3rd. If that were to happen and propel Santorum to 2nd in NH, our campaign may be over.
Less than 2nd tomorrow night could destroy us.

Work like mad, pray if that's what you do, and be ready to celebrate. But temper your expectations because this is an UP HILL battle and we ARE the underdog.
I'm not trying to take any fire out of you at all. Just the opposite.

But losing HURTS. Badly. Hope for 1st, prepare for 3rd.

Tina
01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm feeling tremendous anxiety. I've turned off the news today so I could stay somewhat calm. Watching the way the media manipulates people gets me really depressed. If he wins, I'll be doing the happy dance:), then I'm going to brace myself for the media blitz of 'it doesn't matter'.

rodo1776
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I am getting drunk so that I can get through the day without having to deal with the real world.

We are on the same page. AC DC rocks. Let there be Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I85ceICRM

RP 30% The people will come out.

P.S. What you drinkin?

Karsten
01-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I HOPE you're not in Iowa :p

mosquitobite
01-02-2012, 06:16 PM
You people who are new to this (IE weren't here in 2007/8), I suggest you temper your expectations.

Rick Santorum could VERY well win Iowa tomorrow and Ron Paul could come in 3rd. If that were to happen and propel Santorum to 2nd in NH, our campaign may be over.

Work like mad, pray if that's what you do, and be ready to celebrate. But temper your expectations because this is an UP HILL battle and we ARE the underdog.

*hugs*
I'll never forget the pain of the hope that was dashed back in '08.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
The aquabuddha is what is going to save my 1200 tv from getting hit with bricks because of the lying media. If Ron paul wins iowa . I am going to scream ,cry,laugh,smile,jump for joy, run outside, call my parents,call all my friends and sniffle some more:) It will help make up for the depressing 2008 results.

dante
01-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm super nervous. Not just for tomorrow but for the coming months. It's not going to end tomorrow.

I'm also worried that if Paul doesn't finish first some people will go nuts with conspiracies. If he doesn't finish first its not necessarily anyone's fault or a conspiracy. He also can finish 2nd and still win the nomination. The winner of IA rarely wins the nomination.

BLS
01-02-2012, 06:28 PM
The aquabuddha is what is going to save my 1200 tv from getting hit with bricks because of the lying media. If Ron paul wins iowa . I am going to scream ,cry,laugh,smile,jump for joy, run outside, call my parents,call all my friends and sniffle some more:) It will help make up for the depressing 2008 results.

If Ron Paul wins tomorrow, I'll dance naked on my rooftop and fire off a 30 round magazine from my AR15. :cool:

Margo37
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
If Ron Paul wins tomorrow, I'll dance naked on my rooftop and fire off a 30 round magazine from my AR15. :cool:

Michelle Bachmann quote? The AR15 is a dead giveaway!!!

Joseph
01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAEDQwMtf4o

This is how I will feel tomorrow!

ronpaulfollower999
01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
It's hard not to feel pretty confident right now.

brendan.orourke
01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7L10RSqkNE

TroySmith
01-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Nervous for sure, but mixed with excitement. I think we have a small taste of how the original Patriots of this country felt.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM

you gotta youtube that haha. It will become a rpf classic overnight:)

BLS
01-02-2012, 07:02 PM
you gotta youtube that haha. It will become a rpf classic overnight:)
I can pretty much guarantee you that you do NOT want to see that.

Jingles
01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Extremely nervous and extremely excited at the same time. It's like I'm so nervous that I can't watch it, but I'm too excited to not watch the results as they come in.

If we win I'm sure I'll scream like a little girl and wake half my house up screaming "WE WON! WE WON IOWA! YES!!! WE WON!!!"

Tinnuhana
01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
THought it was on the 4th?
It is, if you're where I and Icucme are.

pacelli
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I've got things to do tomorrow that will keep me pretty busy until mid-late afternoon. As far as feelings. I'm not worried. Ron and the campaign pulled out all of the stops, as did the grassroots, to place well tomorrow.

Anyone know when the actual caucus results will start coming in?

playboymommy
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM

When I started in the chat room Malkusm introduced me to AWOLNATION. That whole album, megalithic symphony, is about the rEVOLution, just mho of course but the line....'seriously, it's not supposed to be easy, that's why it feels so ****ing good' sums up what this movement is all about.

Pauls' Revere
01-02-2012, 08:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxZp9mYyrBY&feature=related

BethanyGrace
01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I am very excited...can hardly wait to vote!!!!

Please, Lord, bless Ron Paul and protect him and his family, and if it be Your will, have mercy on us and our country!

abruzz0
01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Four years ago I could barely contain my excitement. It also led to a lot of stress, anxiousness, and massive expectations for a strong showing in Iowa for Ron. I had a stress headache the entire day, and when I got home from work to see that Ron only had 10% of the vote, I flipped out. I couldn't believe we got such a low total. It was a huge blow, and I was incredibly disappointed. I ranted and raved on a myspace blog about it for a week, and was just pissed off with the world in general.

This time around, however, I'm excited but a little more measured and tempered in my excitement. I expect a good showing, but I'm still not sure how I'll react. It depends on where Santorum finishes, probably. If he goes ahead of us, I'm gonna go off the deep end. Lol.

But I'm excited for tomorrow, definitely. We have a lot of work to do. But after what happened 4 years ago, I learned and began to understand that the fight for liberty can't be won with a single caucus event in Iowa. It takes endless pursuit, focus, organization, and spreading of the message. This time 4 years ago, who woulda thought Rand would be in the Senate? I didn't. So we've come a long way, and have even more room to grow.

affa
01-02-2012, 08:59 PM

Please. Stop preparing us to give up if we don't take first. This ain't over regardless.

Carehn
01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't feel good about it at all. Something is wrong.

ChrisDixon
01-02-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm so nervous at the moment, I probably won't sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be killer. When we win Iowa, it'll be overwhelming. It still hasn't truly sunk in that we're in a great position right now. I post about it, I read the polls, and I spread this stuff like crazy. But I still don't feel it in my veins, because it hasn't quite sunk in yet. Iowa, it'll prove that all of our hard work is getting us somewhere. And it'll be overwhelming. And I'm not going to lie, I'll probably break down. Because we're going to win this thing.

All the way to the White House.

Blue
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm super nervous. Not just for tomorrow but for the coming months. It's not going to end tomorrow.

I'm also worried that if Paul doesn't finish first some people will go nuts with conspiracies. If he doesn't finish first its not necessarily anyone's fault or a conspiracy. He also can finish 2nd and still win the nomination. The winner of IA rarely wins the nomination.

Not in every case. Obama, George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bob Dole, Al Gore, John Kerry, and Walter Mondale are some recent examples of people who won Iowa and won their parties nomination. Notice our current and last presidents have won Iowa.

Jandrsn21
01-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Has anyone realize yet that we are watching the Revolution manifest itself right in front of our eyes. The hard work that has been done by many on this very board for four years, and for some not nearly as much time, such as myself. Your disdain, your disgust, your passion, your hope, and your years of spreading the truth has all combined into this very extraordinary event. Be proud lads, be proud! Oh and do take the time to smell the roses, you live only once, and after all this hard work you deserve to celebrate after tomorrow's victory!

SenseForMiles
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi all.. I've been a lurker here since 2007, so like many of you who were around at that time, I've seen it all.. I remember caucus night in '08 and being so terribly disappointed that Ron Paul placed 5th with 10% of the vote. I really felt at the time we had much more enthusiasm than apparently we did. But looking back, I could see how he ended up where he did, given the very limited media exposure he received at the time, and so much of the voter enthusiasm in general being on the democratic side ("change"), which most likely took most of the independent vote away from us.

Things are very different now, however, given the state of the economy, more awareness of the truth, and just a general awakening amongst many voters. I really don't know how this is all going to play out tomorrow. This fake "Santorum surge" is really irking me. It's so obvious what's going on behind the scenes within the media, it would be almost laughable if it wasn't all so pathetic. The recent smear attempts prove how gullible and naive so many voters are out there still, and that can't be underestimated. It also proves how strong of a candidate Ron Paul is to be able to withstand such attacks and still be tied in the polls for first.

I can see a number of different outcomes for tomorrow, but I'm preparing myself for whatever happens, good or bad. It's up to the voters now... good luck to all of us.

KramerDSP
01-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi all.. I've been a lurker here since 2007, so like many of you who were around at that time, I've seen it all.. I remember caucus night in '08 and being so terribly disappointed that Ron Paul placed 5th with 10% of the vote. I really felt at the time we had much more enthusiasm than apparently we did. But looking back, I could see how he ended up where he did, given the very limited media exposure he received at the time, and so much of the voter enthusiasm in general being on the democratic side ("change"), which most likely took most of the independent vote away from us.

Things are very different now, however, given the state of the economy, more awareness of the truth, and just a general awakening amongst many voters. I really don't know how this is all going to play out tomorrow. This fake "Santorum surge" is really irking me. It's so obvious what's going on behind the scenes within the media, it would be almost laughable if it wasn't all so pathetic. The recent smear attempts prove how gullible and naive so many voters are out there still, and that can't be underestimated. It also proves how strong of a candidate Ron Paul is to be able to withstand such attacks and still be tied in the polls for first.

I can see a number of different outcomes for tomorrow, but I'm preparing myself for whatever happens, good or bad. It's up to the voters now... good luck to all of us.

Welcome and +Rep! Nice first post!

mosquitobite
01-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Republicans can thank themselves for McCain (and us for not voting for him).

Otherwise, the country would be blaming McCain for this economy and they would not have picked up seats (mostly tea party wins) in 2010 and would have NO chance at him keeping the WH.

So they need a little "bigger picture" perspective.

svobody
01-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Just pop a xanax and chill. The die has been cast guys. "Alea iacta est". It will be what it is. I'm already thinking about New Hampshire at this point. This is the beginning of a long march...

BLS
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Please. Stop preparing us to give up if we don't take first. This ain't over regardless.

Not doing any such thing. I do NOT want anybody to quit if we don't get first. I'm trying to prepare the newer folks for the pain that can accompany a less-than-expected showing.

Not trying to be negative at all. If Ron Paul takes 3rd place tomorrow, how would you feel? That's my point.

svobody
01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Not doing any such thing. I do NOT want anybody to quit if we don't get first. I'm trying to prepare the newer folks for the pain that can accompany a less-than-expected showing.

Not trying to be negative at all. If Ron Paul takes 3rd place tomorrow, how would you feel? That's my point.
As long as Mittens doesn't get first I'd be thrilled. If Santorum won, I would be annoyed but I would be happy Romney got robbed of unstoppable momentum.

notsure
01-02-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY&ob=av3e

Txrose4ever
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM

This. Me, too.

archangel689
01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
relax, Aqua Buddha is with us.

angelatc
01-02-2012, 10:28 PM

I'm not ready to go through this all again. If I could hibernate through tomorrow, I would.

jclay2
01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
I am a nervous wreck right now. The haunting memories of 08 are still with me so I know how bad it could be. However, at the same time, ron paul is trading second on intrade and he vastly outperformed his poll numbers last go around. Hopefully, most of the polls have discounted dems/ind who will sway over to paul.

Jovan Galtic
01-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I am just so proud to be a witness of the 2nd Revolution. And please, everyone, whatever happens tomorrow - don't be discouraged. Just keep fighting even harder, they can't kill your spirit. Every new day is a new opportunity, no matter how desperate it looks at the moment. Dr. Ron Paul already changed the course of history, imagine how hard was it to be alone, ridiculed and ignored for 40 years. But he keeps fighting even today. And he is not alone any more.

Love you all. :)

Carole
01-02-2012, 10:51 PM
NFB-Thanks for posting this. You just introduced me to Hans Zimmer. Now I must go find his music. :)

CUnknown
01-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm nervous as hell. I hear you guys saying, it's not over if he gets 2nd... and I wouldn't stop fighting... but man... something in me will die a little bit if he's not #1.. We've come so far, and we need to bust out and yell WE ARE HERE. YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION TO US.

ThePiousPriest
01-02-2012, 10:54 PM
http://youtu.be/5YzzaRdGGVg

The fight for liberty is underway, I believe we just hit DEFCON 1. Got a good bottle of whiskey ready for whatever way it goes tomorrow. It's been a pleasure hanging around you guys so far, many more nights to come I hope.

angelatc
01-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I am just so proud to be a witness of the 2nd Revolution. And please, everyone, whatever happens tomorrow - don't be discouraged. Just keep fighting even harder, they can't kill your spirit. Every new day is a new opportunity, no matter how desperate it looks at the moment. Dr. Ron Paul already changed the course of history, imagine how hard was it to be alone, ridiculed and ignored for 40 years. But he keeps fighting even today. And he is not alone any more.

Love you all. :)

Over on the Breitbart site, some nasty person in the comments wrote a snide comment noting how glad she would be when Paul was finally gone from politics, and inquiring what the "Paultards" were going to do when his campaign ended.

I LOL'd at the first comment: "Rand Paul !"

heavenlyboy34
01-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm not much of a crier. I may cry if RP wins this one, though. :D

Adam West
01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
I am a nervous wreck right now. The haunting memories of 08 are still with me so I know how bad it could be. However, at the same time, ron paul is trading second on intrade and he vastly outperformed his poll numbers last go around. Hopefully, most of the polls have discounted dems/ind who will sway over to paul.

Yeah, "The haunting memories of 08" is a good analogy. For a couple of weeks after he left the race I was like the "walking dead." I will not sleep well tonight. Forward Liberty!

georgiaboy
01-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I will exhale.

Jovan Galtic
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Over on the Breitbart site, some nasty person in the comments wrote a snide comment noting how glad she would be when Paul was finally gone from politics, and inquiring what the "Paultards" were going to do when his campaign ended.

I LOL'd at the first comment: "Rand Paul !"

:)

They can't comprehend what is going on here. People are waking up all over the world and this will not stop. Everyone here is Ron Paul.

jkob
01-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Cautiously optimistic. Can't wait until the result come in, just want to for a bit. Of Course, New Hampshire is next week. :)

Hospitaller
01-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I dont quite know if any peice of music illustrates the liberty movement so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6DPeCXV5bI

Carole
01-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I am listening to my son the guitarist.
Shameless plug. :D

Glasgow Kiss (Variation) Kevin Marcum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMxjEHiYPhM

Carole
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Love John Adams the movie and the music. Thanks for this reminder.

georgiaboy
01-02-2012, 11:41 PM
I think I can relate to this about now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O42K4EwVssQ

silk30
01-03-2012, 03:11 AM
From what I have seen from all of the people who support RP, whether on youtube, forums, comments etc, I feel comfortable in thinking RP will over-perform in the voting. We are too passionate and too determined to not get out and vote and convince/bring others to vote as well. Any trepidation/anxiousness I feel is over the strong possibility of some sort of election fraud.