PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul up to 6% on Rasmussen...

gagnonstudio
11-09-2007, 10:13 AM
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

jaumen
11-09-2007, 10:14 AM
and so the momentum keeps building.... I guess he's catching on ;)

JosephTheLibertarian
11-09-2007, 10:15 AM
yes! finally over 5% nationally

freelance
11-09-2007, 10:15 AM
THAT IS TERRIFIC.

Wouldn't you just love to know how Ron Paul would poll in that AP/IPSOS poll--if he had been included?

Badger Paul
11-09-2007, 10:16 AM
And that's among hardcore Republicans. Considering who else supports Paul, its goiing to be a higher poll number.

Paul is the only opportunity the GOP has to grow the party.

ItsTime
Its building!

Daveforliberty
Only the beginning... only just the start...

qwerty
11-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Just think what would it be after DEC 16th!

JosephTheLibertarian
11-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Just think what would it be after DEC 16th!

as long as we advertise good.... it'll also help if the media doesn't shut him out or purposely try to sabotage the campaign :) being in the next debate would help

paulitics
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I suspect that people (indpendents, libertarians, etc) are finally starting to switch parties, and thus are showing up more in the polls. This is good because, Ramussen is usually the most constricting from I could tell.

Jimmy
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Moving on up. Even with these type polls. :D

Pauliana
11-09-2007, 10:20 AM
High unfavorables tho. We have some smiling to do.

I mean smile at other people instead of being "irate".

ItsTime
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
You fell for their trick... his unfav is about the same by a few % points of everyone else.

Now that I read this closer it is very biased geeez. They are mix matching numbers as they choose ignoring other numbers... wow it a really poor write up.

People still do not know about Paul
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/favorables/election_2008_republican_candidates_running_in_200 8_presidential_election

James R
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Not to mention Ron Paul is now one of the most searched terms on the internet above "paris hilton" and "angelina jolie", and ranked #1,700 worldwide on Alexa vs. #20,000 for Obama.

Ron Paul Fan
11-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Certainly good news! We must get to double digits and top Huckabee!

vegetarianrpfan
11-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Not to mention Ron Paul is now one of the most searched terms on the internet above "paris hilton" and "angelina jolie", and ranked #1,700 worldwide on Alexa vs. #20,000 for Obama.

And actually, his Alexa rankings are underestimated, I'm sure, just as his support is underestimated in landline polls. Dr. Paul's supporters are tech-savvy for the most part, and they will be more likely not to use: 1.) Internet Explorer, and 2.) a sort-of-spyware toolbar that has to be installed on IE to count the websites you go to.

--------------------------
Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

JosephTheLibertarian
11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I suspect that people (indpendents, libertarians, etc) are finally starting to switch parties, and thus are showing up more in the polls. This is good because, Ramussen is usually the most constricting from I could tell.

no, I believe ramussan only polls gop that have voted in the last election

terlinguatx
11-09-2007, 10:32 AM

lapi7
11-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Are you kidding me?
Are you out of your minds?
I've said it before...and I'll say it again...

It doesn’t matter if Ron we're polling at 35%...the powers that be ARE NOT GOING TO LET HIM DEBATE...PERIOD ! ! !

According to "THEIR" polls, FAUX NEWS will ALWAYS report that Ron Paul is polling at -6% below zero.

"This is being reported live from our reliable, fair and balanced FOX NEWS polling centers!"

Even if EVERY other major and minor poll were reporting otherwise it would not matter. Do you not yet have ANY IDEA how insanely corrupt and twisted this major media corp is? And the strangle hold they maintain over the MSM. If you believe that they're simply going to admit that Ron Paul is now indeed polling at over 5% so he's more that welcome to come out and play with us...then you're living in ballerina land ! ! !

jaumen
11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
They have no legitimate reason to exclude him from the debate, don't assume they are definitely going to do so until they announce such.

Elwar
11-09-2007, 10:37 AM
If you still believe these polls are scientific, consider this...

Fox News polls always have Ron Paul at a lower percentage than all other polls. Fox News is blatantly against Ron Paul.

How does such a bias trickle into a supposed "scientific poll"?

Chester Copperpot
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
And actually, his Alexa rankings are underestimated, I'm sure, just as his support is underestimated in landline polls. Dr. Paul's supporters are tech-savvy for the most part, and they will be more likely not to use: 1.) Internet Explorer, and 2.) a sort-of-spyware toolbar that has to be installed on IE to count the websites you go to.

--------------------------
Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

good point.. also I especially dont use the alexa toolbar because i dont want to influence the ratings

Incrimsonias
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
"Daily results are based upon a four day rolling average and new results are posted each day by noon Eastern."

Good news~!

lapi7
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM
They have no legitimate reason to exclude him from the debate, don't assume they are definitely going to do so until they announce such.

Absoultely not ! ! ! Of course I'm going to assume that they definately ARE NOT going to include Ron in the debate...IMHO it is YOU who are being naive and disillussioned to believe such fairy tales as in the wholesome propriety and fairness of FOX NEWS CORP ! ! !

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 10:43 AM

+1

Yeah, remember how it is human nature to avoid an irate person. On the flip side, someone cheerful and smiling, attracts people. It's just the way it is.

Chester Copperpot
11-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I like this because some neo-con i talk with sometimes always threw this poll into my face and how Ron Paul will never break 5% in this tracking poll... I doubt he has the balls to even mention it anymore

Ninja Homer
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm surprised at the 22% favorable and only 6% voted for him in this poll. Because he's so different than all the other Republican candidates, I'd think that if somebody was favorable of Ron Paul, they'd vote for him. For example, I've never found anybody who thought that Giuliani and Ron Paul were both favorable... it's always one or the other.

ronpaulitician
11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Snowball effect.

Once we hit that 5% mark, especially in combination with our Nov 5th effort, suddenly people who were on the fence started giving him a chance. As a result, more and more people will give Ron Paul's name when asked by pollsters who they'll vote for. I think we might reach double digits even before BTP07.

mconder
11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm completely miffed that conservative Republicans can support Rudy Giuliani.

nbhadja
11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Actually they poll mostly 2004 Bush voters (aka neocons) so I think we have convinced a few neocons to switch. Independents and Democrats aren't polled often in these Republican primary polls.

Highstreet
11-09-2007, 11:49 AM
no, I believe ramussan only polls gop that have voted in the last election

Joseph,

Do you have a source for that info.

I have seen a couple random youtube vids talking about it, but it would go a long way to explaining his discrepancies in the polls.

It would also behoove the campaign to request they change and use Republican primary voters from 2000, when there was a reason to vote in the primary.

Highstreet
11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Actually they poll mostly 2004 Bush voters (aka neocons) so I think we have convinced a few neocons to switch. Independents and Democrats aren't polled often in these Republican primary polls.

Do you have a source for where they get their "pool" from?

Paul's campaign should be requesting the Polling companies use 2000 primary voters, because at least then there was a choice. 2004 numbers are only hard core Bush supporters.

Mark Rushmore
11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I would imagine they jealously guard their methodologies, it's a crowded market.

iskimtsnow
11-09-2007, 11:56 AM
As it's been posted before this is the heart of the struggle. The base votes and most new voters and young voters don't show up. Winning over people who have voted in the past is neccessary. The "Dean" problem was his young support was not enough to over come the "base" who did not want to see him elected.

Highstreet
11-09-2007, 12:03 PM
As it's been posted before this is the heart of the struggle. The base votes and most new voters and young voters don't show up. Winning over people who have voted in the past is neccessary. The "Dean" problem was his young support was not enough to over come the "base" who did not want to see him elected.

That was the advice from Sematary.

Winning over the "supervoters" is key to winning the primary.

nullvalu
11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I guess he's catching on ;)

obligatory "i'm tellin' ya!"

Naraku
11-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Check out Mystery Pollster who covers how all the polls do it. Some weren't straightforward but it seems they decide who's a likely voter based on prior voting record, knowledge of their polling place, stated intention to vote, and various other factors. Generally they use a points system for it.

However, these are definitely unreliable numbers. Primaries are not as easy to determine likely voters for as main elections and polls tend to be off by a few points regardless of how comprehensive their process.

Many polls count non-voters as likely voters and likely voters as non-voters. Not to mention you have the people who don't respond combined with a tendency to adjust the sample for turnout.

There's also the cell phone issue to consider.

I think it's fair to say Ron Paul will get far more support than the polls indicate, how much we don't know, but it certainly will be more.