PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood

Captain Caveman
01-02-2012, 12:46 PM
At the encouragement of a good email, I would like to pitch the idea of a mailing to Mr. Eastwood from good polite members, to ask for an endorsement or possibly interviews or appearances by Mr. Eastwood that support Ron Paul.

It may be a lofty idea, but a "smokin' gun" like this (I mean that in a good way), may be a good help. I have seen toobs where Clint says he likes Paul and his ideas - let's see if he's serious. Can't hurt I don't guess, especially if we're polite. Snail mail might impress we're serious, in our age of digital things.

After a little digging, it appears Mr. Eastwood does NOT have an email for fan contacts anyway. It is suggested on all sites I find that snail mail is the way to go.

I also found out he was born in 1930 (!). He's 82! So let's take that into account, if we ask him to get out and do stuff. Cool?

The address given most everywhere I found is:

Malpaso Productions
4000 Warner Brothers Boulevard
Building 81, Suite 101
Burbank, CA 91522

-and/or-

Clint Eastwood
C/O Malpaso Produtions, Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Brothers Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91522

My thoughts are along the line of:
(forgive me if this is dramatic or over the top. Writing this way comes easy sometimes. I'd probably tone it down some. heh)

Mr. Eastwood,
Sir, I am writing to request your assistance regarding the future of our country. Your help could be minimal, but still have great impact for our cause.

There is a growing movement for the cause of Liberty, and it's ideals, that I believe you do support.

Our country is in trouble sir, Please help support Ron Paul for President, if you would.

Any help of any sort, but especially public venues - endorsements, interviews (even one), written material, anything to help would be hugely appreciated by many of your fans. I am not asking for your money, but some of your time as a well known and respected celebrity.

Many of us grew up seeing many of your wonderful movie characters being persons who stand up and *do* something when the call was upon them. Our cause is different than the actions many of those personas, but the principle is the same.

We need your help Sir. Will you please help us?

<name and address>

<address of the campaign office>

(super brochure also in the envelope)

Ok, call me crazy.. that'd be fine.. dare I ask.. What do y'all think?

Do we feel lucky? :)

Voluntary Man
01-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Go for it.

Alternative 336
01-02-2012, 04:54 PM
That's a great idea. I think the dialogue is good too, especially calling him to be like the characters he played that always stood up to help when called upon.

redbluepill
01-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I think he sort of unofficially endorsed Caine when he was at the top of the polls, but I know he has been pretty libertarian on a lot of his views. It certainly would not be a long shot.

Captain Caveman
01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm on it then (I was anyway).

Who's with me, with a letter of their own?

:)

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-03-2012, 04:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEByIZn5qeU

rnestam
01-12-2012, 12:35 AM
he owns a hotel/ranch in Carmel....i met him in the bar when i stayed there a night, i guess he comes in often...."Mission Ranch" i think...something like that....right on the water. my friend would deliver supplies there and deal with him often....he is active in its everyday operations....i bet a letter to there would actually hit his hands....