PDA

View Full Version : Joe Scarborough tweets Packed House. At Event with sons who back Ron Paul.

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 11:36 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/JoeNBC/status/153891078603407360/photo/1

Follow his son, Joey. An Alabama grad:
http://twitter.com/#!/JoeyScarborough/status/153891840767164416

bluesc
01-02-2012, 11:38 AM
His son should tell him to stop smearing Dr. Paul.

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
His son should tell him to stop smearing Dr. Paul.

Criticism isn't always smear.

bluesc
01-02-2012, 11:40 AM

A smear is a smear.

I heard that Joe voted for Ron in '08 too.

LibertyEagle
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Scarborough has been doing one heck of a lot more than criticizing.

Evilfox
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Well its all about money, if his boss is like "do this or you dont get your paycheck" i believe thats why he has supported him many times on the air and smeared him as well.

sailingaway
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/JoeNBC/status/153891078603407360/photo/1

Follow his son, Joey. An Alabama grad:
http://twitter.com/#!/JoeyScarborough/status/153891840767164416

thanks!

ryanmkeisling
01-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Scarborough has been doing one heck of a lot more than criticizing.
He certainly has, he aught to be ashamed of himself, especially if he is a closet supporter?

schiffheadbaby
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM
in the words of Sean Hannity, Joe is not a Great American.

He is friendly to us when we are down and out but when we rise he assaults us.

he does fervently adhere to statist economic policies, be wary of this crowd

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry. If you are mad about a commentator bringing out baggage on candidates then never complain about "Black Out." You want all this shit out there now, not in the General.

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 12:00 PM
in the words of Sean Hannity, Joe is not a Great American.

He is friendly to us when we are down and out but when we rise he assaults us.

he does fervently adhere to statist economic policies, be wary of this crowd

Explain.

dbill27
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Explain.

I've heard him say anti free market things

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I've heard him say anti free market things

Like?

Jandrsn21
01-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Screw Joe.....

bluesc
01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry. If you are mad about a commentator bringing out baggage on candidates then never complain about "Black Out." You want all this shit out there now, not in the General.

Out of curiosity, are you Joe's son?

kkzoog
01-02-2012, 12:12 PM
He certainly has, he aught to be ashamed of himself, especially if he is a closet supporter?

That's what I'm sensing. He won't formally support Ron though, MSNBC will kick him out of his job.

agorist ninja
01-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Joe tweeted an awesome picture earlier:
https://p.twimg.com/AiKau6ZCAAIAM97.jpg

I think Joe has been one of the fairest major media figures when it comes to Ron Paul, even if he does follow the establishment script most of the time. Definitely wouldn't count him among Ron Paul's enemies in the media. You've also gotta factor in that there must be immense pressure on these guys, with regard to what they can and can't say on television.

KingNothing
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Joe is what he is. When the media piles on, he piles on. Not just on Paul, but on everyone else. But in his defense, he has probably spoken more kind words about Paul than most in the media.

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Out of curiosity, are you Joe's son?

No. I am sane and want our movement to be taken serious. We clog up lines to get attention and when we get it we say it's smear. Can't have it both ways.

Romulus
01-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Joe sucked this morning... his co-host (forget her name) brought up Ron Paul and Joe just talked over her about Mittens....

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Joe sucked this morning... his co-host (forget her name) brought up Ron Paul and Joe just talked over her about Mittens....

Mika. May be good since she will drop bombs on Ron.

LibertyEagle
01-02-2012, 12:23 PM

The question wasn't whether we wanted "stuff" out now, or not. It was about whether Scarborough had been participating in smearing Paul. And he has. I remember the little piece they put together showing famous speeches by people in history and then segued into something RP was saying about raw milk. When it showed Scarborough and Brzezinski again, their heads were ducked and they were chuckling. Now, do you call that crap anything but yellow journalism? Because I do not.

bluesc
01-02-2012, 12:25 PM
No. I am sane and want our movement to be taken serious. We clog up lines to get attention and when we get it we say it's smear. Can't have it both ways.

You sound awfully butthurt over people calling it at smear job, which is exactly what it is.

HOLLYWOOD
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Criticism isn't always smear.You haven't been watching MSNBC/NBC. Just today, from 6AM EST on Scarborough and the Morning Joe crowd have done and incredible campaign marginalizing against Ron Paul. I can't tell you how many times they kept saying RP fading in the polls, unelectable, . Santorum is surging, Romney leading, blah blah...

Well crafted and it went from one show to another, from Morning Joe, to Daily Runaround, To this very minute and it's been going on for weeks. Joe Scarborough called RP a Bigot/Racist etc...

Hook
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Reporters aren't supposed to be 'for' or 'against' anyone. Their job is to report on things good and bad. If all they reported on were good things, they would be engaging in the bias you guys complain about.

Joe is doing his job, bringing out the good and the bad. Don't expect him to be an adjunct to the campaign.

You should be complaining about the reporters that are obviously biased against Ron all the time. These are your real enemies.

cdw
01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Joe was gleefully taunting viewers about the newsletters situation, laughing that it would bring down Paul. He mocked the supporters of Paul and he quickly squashes anyone that speaks up for him. He was not reporting the news, he was reveling in lies. Smearing is smearing. Whatever support he gave in the past is dead in my eyes. He's not part of the solution for the revolution, he's part of the problem. Screw Joe Scarborough.

MsDoodahs
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Joe the murderer (google for it, I believe Joe killed that young woman) has been consistently smearing Dr. Paul for weeks now.

I have no respect for that intellectually dishonest mediastablishment mouthpiece.

eduardo89
01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Is this the same type of rally that has an anti-Semitic feel to it?

agorist ninja
01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Joe was gleefully taunting audience about the newsletters situation, laughing that it would bring down Paul. He mocked the supporters of Paul and he quickly squashes anyone that speaks up for him. He was not reporting the news, he was reveling in lies. Smearing is smearing. Whatever support he gave in the past is dead in my eyes. He's not part of the solution for the revolution, he's part of the problem.
Hmm, that's not good.

I confess I spoke from ignorance earlier in the thread, as I don't watch mainstream news shows anymore. Just had an impression in my head that Joe was fair to Ron in the past. If what you say is true, then he can fall right off a cliff for all I care.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 12:46 PM
I trust Joe Scarborough like i trust Glenn Beck, I Don't!

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Joe was gleefully taunting viewers about the newsletters situation, laughing that it would bring down Paul. He mocked the supporters of Paul and he quickly squashes anyone that speaks up for him. He was not reporting the news, he was reveling in lies. Smearing is smearing. Whatever support he gave in the past is dead in my eyes. He's not part of the solution for the revolution, he's part of the problem. Screw Joe Scarborough.

never trust joe. i watched that segment live. If i ever see joe. He will got a mouth full of icey snowballs sincerely from colorado!

MsDoodahs
01-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Hmm, that's not good.

I confess I spoke from ignorance earlier in the thread, as I don't watch mainstream news shows anymore. Just had an impression in my head that Joe was fair to Ron in the past. If what you say is true, then he can fall right off a cliff for all I care.

Joe has been consistently smearing Ron for several weeks. It has been vicious and malicious.

TheDrakeMan
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I tried warning this board about Joe a few years back but I got mocked for it. He is nice to Ron Paul in person, like he is nice to all his guests. But the guy is farthest thing from a Libertarian or a Ron Paul supporter. In fact, when Beck was starting to get huge, he started criticizing him for listening to people like Ron Paul.

HOLLYWOOD
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I trust Joe Scarborough like i trust Glenn Beck, I Don't!A Glen Beck of the left. Poison, Sugar, Poison.

Joe Scarborough, Mika, and the rest of the Obama reelection and CFR show, take their marching orders from 30 Rock. Pressitutes that sell their patriotism and souls for those 6 and 7 figure salaries. They all do it, which is the one message to send to all Americans, Never trust any of the corporate media.

How all those tax breaks work out for GE/NBC of the past decade? Like an effective Tax Rate of 1.5%

TheDrakeMan
01-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I do agree, it's fair journalism to criticize Ron Paul or anyone else. But the way Joe Scarborough & them criticize candidates is unjournalistic. It's the typical MSNBC "Racism" charge.

MJU1983
01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
I trust Joe Scarborough like i trust Glenn Beck, I Don't!

Yeah neither seem to have any real solid beliefs other than what pays the bills the best.

cdw
01-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Hmm, that's not good.

I was the same, I was under the impression that he was at least objective. I haven't watched a vid more of him since I saw what I described above. It was posted a few weeks ago in a Morning Joe thread that someone bumped in the grassroots. When I saw it I was pretty livid and typed out a lengthy rant but decided against posting it. He was happy as hell about what was going on with Paul and was taunting us big time. It was truly disgusting. I can't stand Wolf, but at least when Wolf smears Ron he has that same stoic look on his face that attempts to fool people into believing he is being professional; you can't tell whether he's happy or sad. But Joe was cackling like the Emperor from Star Wars.

And that was weeks ago, I'm sure it's gotten a lot worse as others are describing in the thread. I'm glad to hear that his son is still supporting the cause at least, the more the merrier. But I personally hope Ron remembers each and every talk show host that's been clowning him and never steps foot on his show again.

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Now I remember why a high up staffer on the campaign said this website has a bunch of well intended people who sometimes miss the point. You can't call everything a smear just because it's a negative about Ron. This is big boy politics and when people hear negative on here they yell "SMEAR." When it's funny some people say "Truth is not Treason" yet bringing out a negative is?

bluesc
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Now I remember why a high up staffer on the campaign said this website has a bunch of well intended people who sometimes miss the point. You can't call everything a smear just because it's a negative about Ron. This is big boy politics and when people hear negative on here they yell "SMEAR." When it's funny some people say "Truth is not Treason" yet bringing out a negative is?

Go back and read some of the reports of what Joe has been saying in the last couple of weeks. It should all be documented in the media spin subforum. You're the one missing the point.

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Go back and read some of the reports of what Joe has been saying in the last couple of weeks. It should all be documented in the media spin subforum. You're the one missing the point.

You're right. He's not Doug Wead or Jesse Benton. He's part of the CFR hate America types who murdered someone. That's what this thread spirals into.

bluesc
01-02-2012, 02:05 PM
You're right. He's not Doug Wead or Jesse Benton. He's part of the CFR hate America types who murdered someone. That's what this thread spirals into.

It's not about this thread.

MJU1983
01-02-2012, 02:05 PM

Truth is treason in the empire of lies...

If it's a valid negative, which I honestly haven't heard any...that's one thing. Fallacious arguments, red herrings, ad hominem, straw-men, appeals to emotion, and authority...those might be better labeled smears instead of simply "negatives".

One can claim ignorance only for so long. It's not like I consider people like Joe Scarborough, Bill O'Reilly, or Glenn Beck journalistis...but if they are going to pretend to be and steer public opinion, they should at least fact-check their remarks before opening their mouths.

BamaFanNKy
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Truth is treason in the empire of lies...

If it's a valid negative, which I honestly haven't heard any...that's one thing. Fallacious arguments, red herrings, ad hominem, straw-men, appeals to emotion, and authority...those might be better labeled smears instead of simply "negatives".

One can claim ignorance only for so long. It's not like I consider people like Joe Scarborough, Bill O'Reilly, or Glenn Beck journalistis...but if they are going to pretend to be and steer public opinion, they should at least fact-check their remarks before opening their mouths.

I don't see Beck, Joe or Bill as journalists. They are commentators. Hell, Glenn Beck was a Rock DJ just 15 years ago. Bill was doing Current Affair. Those 2 shouldn't be taken that serious.

Now, the validity of bringing up the newsletters will always be debated. Put aside the "who wrote it" part. The fact it went out in his name is a flaw in his part. He is rightfully trying to tie it to newspaper publisher type role. Only problem, he wasn't publisher of a daily but a newsletter. Plus it goes with who he surrounds himself with. Many on here love Lew but I do not. He's a bomb thrower like Alex. Ron has gone on Alex's show way to much and gets tied to him. It's politics..... perception and media war is big. Also, I love Adam Kokesh (not the dancing stuff but the interview stuff). Watch how Romney totally froze him out. We in the next 2 to 3 decades have to step our game up. Ron is not a "manageable" candidate and I don't really want him to be. His mouth is refreshing and appealing. It also will cost us some votes. Ron has taken stands that when looking at the optics are very bad but at the heart, right on the money.

Somehow I will be called a traitor for this post, so be it.

HOLLYWOOD
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
MSNBC running the news letters again with that Martin 'Marxist' Bashir :rolleyes:

Tea Party Nation head clown Judson Phillips, just said, 1/2 of the TP people won't vote for Mittens. Then he says, Bachmann should dropout TP should back Newt. :rolleyes:

funny how MSNBC is pushing all the GOP candidates that definitely would lose to Obama.

libertygrl
01-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Yep. Like that "tinge" of anti-semitism wisecrack. :mad:

Feeding the Abscess
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM

What else would you call an unprovoked claim that Ron Paul rallies are anti-semitic, other than a smear?