PDA

View Full Version : Something strange in MSNBC's latest attack on gold...

RileyE104
01-02-2012, 10:01 AM
If you pause the video at around 0:53 -- you will see tons of single layer cardboard boxes filled with "gold"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG6fMgh5YtA&feature=player_embedded#!

The people over at Kitco are having a great discussion over this video.
https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=98900

This BS propaganda against gold also coincides with an attack on Ron Paul, which is why I came to post it on RPF.

specsaregood
01-02-2012, 10:03 AM
yeah, uhm somebody doesn't know how heavy gold is.

ghengis86
01-02-2012, 10:09 AM
yeah, uhm somebody doesn't know how heavy gold is.

Lol. I love when gold bricks are tossed about on TV or in movies as if they're no heavier than the standard masonry brick. I think the only accurate movie with regard to gold bars is the Italian Job.

Dr.3D
01-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Looks more like a double hit piece. Hit gold and Ron Paul all in one. The establishment hates gold and Ron Paul so they manipulate gold down and point at what they did as being some kind of indicator as to the path for gold.... once done with that angle, they attempt to transfer that 'information' to Ron Paul and others who promote sound money.

seapilot
01-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I love how these hacks can obviously see a "gold bubble" yet they did not see the housing bubble or tech bubble etc. They bash gold while bailouts of Europe and every other central bank is taking place. People are starting to get wise to these snake oil salesmen.

As others posted its kind of humorous to see video of millions of dollars worth of gold sitting in cardboard boxes as if they were as important as Grapefruit in a corner grocery store.

whippoorwill
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
They should extend that chart out to 1971.

Zippyjuan
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
That was a lousy piece overall. The gold (and other) footage was probably just some stock footage they pulled up from someplace. Ezra Kline did have a few good points but the host is an idiot.

r3volution
01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
dam maddow looks more like a dude every day

keh10
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
The good news is that once the gold bull market finally begins to come to a halt, those two idiots will come around and tell everyone to buy gold. It's at that moment we know to exchange our gold for real assets because it will certainly be the perfect moment to sell.

satchelmcqueen
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
when my papaw died he had a gold coin collection he started when he was about 7 years old. he died at age 97. anywho, my dad helped carry shoe box after shoe box full of the gold coins. he said each box weighed so much it was all you could do to keep it in tack. that was just a shoebox, not these apple box looking things in this vid.. lol

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
The dollar is stronger than ever? What planet are these people on?

ghengis86
01-02-2012, 04:21 PM
The dollar is stronger than ever? What planet are these people on?

It actually is right now. But that's like saying the dollar is the least smelling pile of shit on the manure dump of fiat currencies. The other fiat currencies of the world are winning the devaluation race to the bottom. But everybody forgets that Uncle Ben knows only one thing to do to 'solve' financial problems; print money. So for now the dollar is 'strengthening' against other currencies, but that misses the overall point that all fiat is eventually, inevitably worthless.

VBRonPaulFan
01-02-2012, 06:27 PM
when my papaw died he had a gold coin collection he started when he was about 7 years old. he died at age 97. anywho, my dad helped carry shoe box after shoe box full of the gold coins. he said each box weighed so much it was all you could do to keep it in tack. that was just a shoebox, not these apple box looking things in this vid.. lol

yeah, each small gold bar you see weighs around 31 lbs. most people would be struggling to carry just 3 of those things. i'd think a shoebox full of gold coins would probably be about 50-60 lbs.

Jack Bauer
01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.likecool.com/Style/Apparel/Glow%20in%20the%20Dark%20Jeans/Glow-in-the-Dark-Jeans.jpg