PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Ron Paul for TIME: Person of the Year!!!

uncloned21
11-09-2007, 09:41 AM
http://time-blog.com/talkback/poywalkup07.php

Everyone have your say now!

Al Gore seems to be the man so far.

http://time-blog.com/talkback/poywalkup07.php

jake
11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
done

uncloned21
11-09-2007, 09:47 AM
+1 free bump subsidy

Beerhall Agitator
11-09-2007, 09:51 AM
my post:

Listen, Gore doesn't need another prize. Especially since he's been a coward when it comes to promoting nuclear power which could replace the heaviest polluters in our society -- COAL POWER PLANTS.

Ron Paul is my choice, because he has galvanized the silent majority in this country to stand up for reason and liberty and denounce the hysteria and war propaganda running amuck. Paul's anti-war stance is a message of peace and hope that will save many lives if he's elected. And on a side note about the environment, the pentagon is the biggest polluter in our society and burns more oil than any institution -- Paul will take care of that as well. :)

edit: there have been some empassioned arguments for doctor Paul by others as well.... lol, here's the post that came after mine:

If I could nominate any one person of the year, it would be a man who has done something that nobody has done. It would have to be someone who has inspired millions of people, who have been apethetic towards life in the country, to rethink their viewoints. It would be someone who has single-handedly shown America that their best interests are not being upheld by our elected officials in Washington, DC. It would be the person who has helped to prove that our media is blatantly dishonest, and controlled by corrupt individuals. It would be the person who has fought a diligent, honest, and principled fight, on behalf of every man, woman, or child in this country for over 50 years. It would be a person who stands unwavering at the gates of hell, ready for what the worst of the worst will force upon him. It would be a veteran. It would be a doctor. It would be a role model. And last but not least, it would be a friend. I nominate Dr. Ron Paul. 10 term congressman of the United States. Defender and champion of liberty. Our next president.

twister5400
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
this is what I put:

If I could nominate any one person of the year, it would be a man who has done something that nobody has done. It would have to be someone who has inspired millions of people, who have been apethetic towards life in the country, to rethink their viewoints. It would be someone who has single-handedly shown America that their best interests are not being upheld by our elected officials in Washington, DC. It would be the person who has helped to prove that our media is blatantly dishonest, and controlled by corrupt individuals. It would be the person who has fought a diligent, honest, and principled fight, on behalf of every man, woman, or child in this country for over 50 years. It would be a person who stands unwavering at the gates of hell, ready for what the worst of the worst will force upon him. It would be a veteran. It would be a doctor. It would be a role model. And last but not least, it would be a friend. I nominate Dr. Ron Paul. 10 term congressman of the United States. Defender and champion of liberty. Our next president.

werdd
11-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Ron Paul for bringing back honesty and integrity to the political process. A true modern day Thomas Jefferson.

we all know its gonna be gore, time is a bunch of bloodsucking liberals.

DrNoZone
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Everyone should go over there and do this! But make sure you post something intelligent! Don't knock anyone else's suggestions, just post something short, simple and honest about why YOU like Ron Paul. Don't be divisive!

jrich4rpaul
11-09-2007, 10:31 AM
My post:

"Congressman Ron Paul deserves Person of the Year. He truly stands out from the crowd of presidential hopefuls in the 2008 election, being the only one that can bring true change and integrity to the White House. He has awoken a new generation of patriots, that being the American youth. They are dedicated, educated, and standing up for what they believe in unlike anything we have seen in decades, and it's catching on quick to all ages and backgrounds. Ron Paul's message will be one heard for years to come, and the impact he has had on people such as myself will last a lifetime."

uncloned21
11-09-2007, 10:44 AM
bump

Starks
11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
This needs to be stickied!

jrich4rpaul
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
This needs to be stickied!

Agreed, this is really huge

uncloned21
11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Unfortunately, this isn't a poll, just suggestions and I'm quite certain TIME would not select Dr. Paul even if there are more "votes" for him.

Pete
11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Here's mine:

My recommendation for this year is Ron Paul, for being the subject of one of the most out-of-the-blue, yet successful grassroots political campaigns in the history of the United States of America. His campaign has shown the internet to be the great town hall where citizens can meet to discuss ideas and organize for action, and where common people can communicate with the media directly and instantly.

Even aside from the Presidential race, Ron Paul has demonstrably raised the level of discourse in the ongoing American public debate about integrity of elected representatives, personal liberty, a return to discourse as a basis for foreign policy, and fiscal and monetary responsibility.

xRedfoxx
11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Here's what I wrote:

Rudy Guiliani....for being the bravest democrat to run on the GOP ticket.
:D

ckhagen
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's mine.

'The Revolution Will Not be Televised' Ron Paul is leading it. In spite of the fact that the media has turned a blind eye, he has inspired millions of people. He has opened eyes across this country. There is a majority rising that will no longer accept the status quo. Thank you Ron Paul. You've cured our apathy.

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Done!

OferNave
11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I posted this:

"The recorded history of the world is a timeline of thousands of nations, most of whom have risen and fallen (or are currently in the process). I have believed for a while that the United States has been on the decline, or at least approaching it, for quite a while. Historians sometimes liken the U.S. to ancient Rome in order to draw parallels.

However, something is changing. I believe the root cause of this change is the internet, the greatest communication tool of all time, which is allowing people to communicate with each other directly and for nearly no cost, even when reaching millions. This has done wonders, not only for education, but also for breaking the control that mainstream media has had recently on the distribution of news and ideas.

As a result, it seems to me that the U.S. just might be about to experience a turn-around, which as far as I can tell, is unprecedented in human history.

Now, having given credit to the internet, it may strike you as biased that I propose Ron Paul, rather than creators of the internet, for Person of the Year. But there is good reason. Ron Paul has an unwavering 30 year track record of standing for liberty, rights, the Constitution, and the rule of law. He has frequently been the opposing vote in the occasional 397-1 or 416-1 votes you see in the House of Representatives. That the internet has finally allowed us to discover and rally behind this man of unique integrity is wonderful, but it would have been much more difficult and require far more time to turn things around without Dr. Paul serving as the anchor of reason.

I can think of no one more deserving, after decades of single-handedly fighting for the worthy cause of liberty, than Congressman Ron Paul."

jnpg
11-09-2007, 11:16 AM
done-
keep it up folks- even though he won't get it- it will be good to keep plugging away for him.. also I like the suggestion of the military.... The best award we could give them is to bring them home though.

American
11-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah, we need more support on this one, this could be good.

Korey Kaczynski
11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Time magazine is a joke with 0 credibility; they'll either do Al Gore or something feel-good, and not someone deserving of the title.

01 should've been bin Laden, just as Stalin and Hitler were once men of the year. Think what you want of bin Laden, he was the most infamous man of that year.

filmmaker58
11-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I did it. Time is owned though, like Lou Dobbs. Cafferty said some nice words before, but I'm sure he got a memo.

thegearbox
11-09-2007, 12:25 PM
There are a lot of Paul posts on there!

maiki
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
My guess: Time will not pick any of the presidential contenders, since there is a chance they will be on the cover for 2008.

Also, I like the "infamous" covers the best. :)

RPinSEAZ
11-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Ron Paul, for showing the nation that liberty is more important than the illusion of security.

amakris
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Keep it up. At this rate, we're sure to at least get a mention.

mport1
11-09-2007, 01:52 PM
done