PDA

View Full Version : New And OFFICIAL TV Ad in New Hampshire! - "Believe"

Tyler_Durden
01-02-2012, 08:27 AM
NEW and OFFICIAL TV Ad for New Hampshire. Spread it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2KV50BKQQ

News Article on Release: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ron-paul-campaign-airs-final-140700478.html

niklarin
01-02-2012, 08:28 AM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/02/ron-paul-campaign-airs-final-new-hampshire-tv-ad-%E2%80%98believe%E2%80%99/

The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign announced today that it will begin airing its final television ad ‘Believe’ in the key early voting state of New Hampshire.

The 60-second ad will run beginning today on broadcast and cable television statewide in New Hampshire, and on broadcast television in the greater Boston market. The ad features prominent Granite State surrogates such as political activists and leaders including state Sens. Andy Sanborn (R-Henniker) and Ray White (R-Bedford), both of whom have endorsed Ron Paul for the presidency.

A key feature of the ad is New Hampshire politicians and luminaries condemning the outsize growth of the federal government – calling is “overtaxing” and “overspending” – alongside declarations that the upcoming election is about trust. The ad then presents Ron Paul as an honest and consistent candidate, and the sole alternative to flip-floppers responsible for the costly mistakes of the past. The ad also showcases, in the words of its subjects, the strengths of Ron Paul’s ‘Plan to Restore America.’

“Ron Paul is surging in New Hampshire and is in it to win it. We have a first-class organization and tremendous support from a state where his message of personal and economic liberty resonates well. This ad will serve as the closing argument for why Ron Paul is the only authentic conservative in this race, and the only one capable of bringing authentic change to Washington,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

To view the television ad online, please click here.

ronpaulyourmom
01-02-2012, 08:30 AM
It's the kind of ad you run just after winning Iowa!

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Great sound bytes.

jsem
01-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Great ad!

Joseph
01-02-2012, 08:37 AM
amazing ad!

McDermit
01-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Love it

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Amazing... I wish they were running this in Iowa until tomorrow night

pauladin
01-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Any idea how much the ad buy was?

RonPaul101.com
01-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Would have been good to have in Iowa too.

IndianaPolitico
01-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Noticed that this will be the final ad before NH.

garyallen59
01-02-2012, 09:57 AM

BLS
01-02-2012, 10:00 AM
HELL YES!!!

undergroundrr
01-02-2012, 10:04 AM
That's superb.

Ronulus
01-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I love this ad.

camp_steveo
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
I think it's an effective way of communicating the differences between Paul and the others. I like it.

sailingaway
01-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm getting actually pissed at the campaign for not taking the time to say 'cut a trillion WITHOUT CUTTING SENIOR ENTITLEMENTS' because that is the REASON they are losing with seniors who hear over and over that Ron's cuts are 'more drastic' and he thinks social security is unconstitutional. They think Romney as a 'moderate' is better for them. But Romney's budget, while only cutting the rate of increase going forward in spending STILL cuts medicare and Ron Paul's budget doesn't cut either social security OR medicare yet balances the budget in 3 years. THAT is the commercial he needs.

This actually reminded me of the 'he's catching on' ad, but maybe it is because I'm so pissed that they missed this opportunity again.

bluesc
01-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I like this ad. Let's air it in NH, and then air it in the caucus states following NH, rather than the 2012 equivalent of the blimp. We need votes and delegates. We get both with campaign organization that needs to be funded. Concerts do not provide delegates.

I guess I won't be banned for a day too if I post my opposition in this thread?

Romulus
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm getting actually pissed at the campaign for not taking the time to say 'cut a trillion WITHOUT CUTTING SENIOR ENTITLEMENTS' because that is the REASON they are losing with seniors who hear over and over that Ron's cuts are 'more drastic' and he thinks social security is unconstitutional. They think Romney as a 'moderate' is better for them. But Romney's budget, while only cutting the rate of increase going forward in spending STILL cuts medicare and Ron Paul's budget doesn't cut either social security OR medicare yet balances the budget in 3 years. THAT is the commercial he needs.

This actually reminded me of the 'he's catching on' ad, but maybe it is because I'm so pissed that they missed this opportunity again.

I like the tone of the ad.. very positive, but I agree with you.. they missed a crucial opportunity there.

tbone717
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Wow this is perfect and will be an excellent follow up to an Iowa win. It shows that Paul is a serious choice and is designed to sway those on the fence. Brilliant!! If any of you doubt the campaign staff, you should be greatly humbled by this ad.

tremendoustie
01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey, I know those people!

qwerty
01-02-2012, 11:17 AM
AWESOME!

realtonygoodwin
01-02-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2KV50BKQQ&sns=em

Someone may have posted this, but I didn't see it anywhere...

I think it looks really good. A bit of a different feel/style than we have previously seen.

Lord Xar
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
I like it too

unknown
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
He is the one we've been looking for and we've found him.

realtonygoodwin
01-02-2012, 02:11 PM
I wonder if the same ad team even made this...

kill the banks
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
v good ... agree sailing we must hit the seniors with that as well

lucent
01-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Drudged.

KramerDSP
01-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Was that Annie Duke near the end ?

trey4sports
01-02-2012, 03:11 PM
bump. pretty excited about this. What do you guys think about the ad?

Napolitanic Wars
01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I really liked it but if I could play amateur strategist, sailingaway seem correct. I don't know why the campaign has been so weak with targeting seniors. Everybody knows seniors command the election process, and if you simply tell them Ron is going to save social security, and NEVER tax SS, you will have their support.

affa
01-02-2012, 03:36 PM
awesome ad

Feeding the Abscess
01-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Dude, he actually believes in ending Social Security and the welfare state. He can't campaign on keeping it afloat, it would be a complete sellout of his principles. He handles it fine by mentioning transitions and not throwing people out on the street.

He'd also get questioned for flip-flopping on SS if he started campaigning as the welfare champion. And rightfully so.

bluesc
01-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Dude, he actually believes in ending Social Security and the welfare state. He can't campaign on keeping it afloat, it would be a complete sellout of his principles. He handles it fine by mentioning transitions and not throwing people out on the street.

He'd also get questioned for flip-flopping on SS if he started campaigning as the welfare champion. And rightfully so.

He plans on keeping it solvent while letting the young opt out. He has philosophical views, and practical views. Many people still need to make that distinction.

Feeding the Abscess
01-02-2012, 03:47 PM
He plans on keeping it solvent while letting the young opt out. He has philosophical views, and practical views. Many people still need to make that distinction.

I agree, but playing as the SS champion would be a contradiction with his philosophical views. That's a bad idea. Transition programs are fine, funding SS in perpetuity is not.

bluesc
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I agree, but playing as the SS champion would be a contradiction with his philosophical views. That's a bad idea. Transition programs are fine, funding SS in perpetuity is not.

SS will not go away under a Paul Presidency, period. You never know what the President after him will do, so it is essentially pointless to tell people that he will scrap SS because his philosophy doesn't allow it, when telling them that will hurt him and has no truth to it.

Feeding the Abscess
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
SS will not go away under a Paul Presidency, period. You never know what the President after him will do, so it is essentially pointless to tell people that he will scrap SS because his philosophy doesn't allow it, when telling them that will hurt him and has no truth to it.

I'm not saying he should state he'll scrap SS as president. I'm just suggesting we should stay away from acting as if he'd fund it in perpetuity and work to keep it going forever.

There's also the chance that a complete reset will occur with Ron at the helm. Who knows when the whole system collapses.

cdc482
01-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Excellent ad, but we have to win Iowa first!

bluesc
01-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm not saying he should state he'll scrap SS as president. I'm just suggesting we should stay away from acting as if he'd fund it in perpetuity and work to keep it going forever.

There's also the chance that a complete reset will occur with Ron at the helm. Who knows when the whole system collapses.

And I'm suggesting we should stay away from the philosophical arguments and focus on his actual plan. Ron is the first step towards true liberty, a big one, and he will do a lot of educating from the White House, and will help us educate too, but he's a realist, and we should be too.

There's a lot we don't know, but a few things we do know - Ron's plan funds SS. Seniors, who Ron needs to improve with, want SS to remain solvent. While Ron may be a pure libertarian, he isn't going to throw people out on the street, so we should stop giving that impression when pushing our philosophy in the name of Ron Paul. If you're going to educate that way, keep it completely separated from Ron Paul until he is in the White House.

chipvogel
01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Good ad...but I don't care for "The One" stuff
It sets up cult of Obama comparisons. Obama's campaign was more about the man than his philosophy.

Its not the man its the message, and there are other non-authoritarians out there.
Granted Paul is the only One Republican with the message running for President.

SisCyn
01-02-2012, 04:24 PM
FOX just identified them. Very short commentary. Said they were "confused" by it. Said one was Bill Press.

Feeding the Abscess
01-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Kind of surprised there isn't criticism that the campaign is using mostly liberal pundits in its ads.

Feeding the Abscess
01-02-2012, 04:29 PM
And I'm suggesting we should stay away from the philosophical arguments and focus on his actual plan. Ron is the first step towards true liberty, a big one, and he will do a lot of educating from the White House, and will help us educate too, but he's a realist, and we should be too.

There's a lot we don't know, but a few things we do know - Ron's plan funds SS. Seniors, who Ron needs to improve with, want SS to remain solvent. While Ron may be a pure libertarian, he isn't going to throw people out on the street, so we should stop giving that impression when pushing our philosophy in the name of Ron Paul. If you're going to educate that way, keep it completely separated from Ron Paul until he is in the White House.

I appreciate the advice, but it's not needed. I know how to play to audiences. This is the RonPaulForums; if we aren't going to preach philosophy here, it will never be advanced, and all of the new soft support we gain will either misrepresent Ron on numerous issues or otherwise never become hard support.

As an example: declare war, win it, come home. Taken out of context and by itself, that is an absolutely disastrous policy position. When viewed in the light of a non-interventionist, peaceful foreign policy, it is brilliant.

SisCyn
01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
That's what it was. Liberal commentators.

muh_roads
01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
It's not too bad. Needs more Romney attacks. Gingrich is toast, don't need to waste any more seconds on him...

coffeewithgames
01-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Not sure on the timing of this, and really now, how about a more DIVERSE audience....after what he has been dealing with, wouldn't a bit more of a DIVERSE audience help a little????

Also, saying he has NEVER voted to spend a dime of Social Security would let seniors at least hear, "Social Security Ron Paul". The polls clearly show the older demographic don't understand RP's positions very much(probably news watchers would be my guess), so an add targeted to them would greatly help...or we can ignore how John McCain won the nomination in 2008.

coffeewithgames
01-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Not sure on the timing of this, and really now, how about a more DIVERSE audience....after what he has been dealing with, wouldn't a bit more of a DIVERSE audience help a little????

Also, saying he has NEVER voted to spend a dime of Social Security would let seniors at least hear, "Social Security Ron Paul". The polls clearly show the older demographic don't understand RP's positions very much(probably news watchers would be my guess), so an add targeted to them would greatly help...or we can ignore how John McCain won the nomination in 2008.

bump, anybody agree, or have other points?