PDA

View Full Version : TIME: Ron Paul's Youth Revolt

KingNothing
01-02-2012, 07:44 AM
http://swampland.time.com/2012/01/02/can-ron-paul-pull-off-a-youth-revolt-in-iowa/

Despite his age, there is an air of rock-and-roll around Paul. One supporter even flashed the rock-out-horns sign when asked on Thursday whether he was sold on the candidate: “Hell yeah for Ron Paul!” he said. “The message of liberty is really appealing to younger people,” says Richardson, a heavy-metal fan who got interested in politics through battles over music censorship. One can spot dreadlocks or “Paul is my homeboy” T-shirts in the crowd at his campaign events. American Idol pop star Kelly Clarkson recently endorsed Paul on Twitter.

\m/ !!!

Positive piece about Paul. Click through and award with hits.

Aratus
01-02-2012, 08:29 AM
RONSLIDE = YouthQuake!

ZanZibar
01-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Considering the average age of the person who reads Time, I think that was probably a hit piece.

pauladin
01-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I think the youth turnout for the caucus is going to be great. We have 1300 youth for Ron Paul members in Iowa + the hundreds of Christmas with Ron Paul folks. They will be convening with other young people and bringing them out in hordes. Just watch.

Travlyr
01-02-2012, 09:15 AM
lol... I see quite a few gray hairs in that picture. Maybe Ron Paul appeals to a more broad based group of voters than they are letting on.

Dr.3D
01-02-2012, 09:31 AM
I only wish I would have had a candidate like Ron Paul to vote for when I was young. If I had, there may have not been a draft and I wouldn't have had to join the Navy and go to Vietnam.

I surely hope today's youth take advantage of their ability to change the course of history. If they don't, I'm sure there will be another draft and major death and destruction in the next few years.

Aratus
01-02-2012, 02:31 PM
TIME likes Romney