PDA

View Full Version : Tea Bags to News Companies

thedjnikki
11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I saw this video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBR32X8vUy8

and the maker "2007TeaParty"
had a great idea of sending tea bags via mail to news companies.

What do ya all think of that?

Man from La Mancha
11-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Can ads be combined with a tea company like Lipton or others to get the ad cost down, maybe they would like to jump on the band wagon?

thoughtbombing
11-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Can ads be combined with a tea company like Lipton or others to get the ad cost down, maybe they would like to jump on the band wagon?

I don't think that Lipton would want to endorse a candidate, campaign, etc.. then again--I don't think Ron Paul would accept the corporate sponsorship... I could be wrong. If they'd do that, I'd be all about it, regardless.

I'll mail out some tea bags... as a matter of fact, I think that FOX NEWS should get cases and cases of TEA... on the 16th, I'll stand outside of FOX NEWS with a Revolutionary ERA re-enactment outfit on and read the declaration of independence, etc.. lets do this.

Jwaksman
11-09-2007, 09:06 AM

That would most likely go afoul of campaign finance laws. You can't expect any corporation to get directly involved in a campaign.

Paul Fan
11-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Dr. Paul avoids corporate endorsements so I think a visible corporate logo would not be helpful. If a company wanted to donate whitelabel (i.e., no visible logo) that might be ok.

cliche
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Newsrooms would totally freak out if they started getting tea bags in the mail. Probably best to avoid sending any powdered or leafy substances around. Anthrax paranoia and whatnot.

Paul Fan
11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Thoughtbomber, I like your idea of reading the declaration of independence wearing a complete revolutionary-era outfit. For those who don't have or can't invest in a whole outfit, wearing a tricorner hat would likely be enough to get across the revolutionary concept.

jcbraithwaite7
11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
What about gettting a bunch of cheap teabags from Big Lots and taking the little tags off and stapling a small square of information with Ron Paul's website and a few bullet points and handing them out?

Or printing labels and sticking them on the individual packets of say lipton tea.

tonyr1988
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
What about gettting a bunch of cheap teabags from Big Lots and taking the little tags off and stapling a small square of information with Ron Paul's website and a few bullet points and handing them out?

Or printing labels and sticking them on the individual packets of say lipton tea.

I like that idea. It's original and unique (will get people asking, "WTF?"), and it's not as scary as shipping thousands of tea bags to O'Reilly's office. :)

sketch
11-09-2007, 09:45 AM

This is an awesome idea, and it's cheaper than getting the custom teabags as suggested esleswhere. Anyone can buy teabags in bulk and staple a teaparty07.com tag onto the string of each bag with a slogan on one side and Ron Paul's website on the other side. Simple, cheap, effective...I like it! It's probably best to totally remove the brand name first so it doesn't appear to be a corporate endorsement.

max
11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Lipton Tea Bag .....Write December 16th on it...stapled to a Slim Jim...

mailed to EVERY journalist, editor, newsroom, puslher you can find!

thoughtbombing
11-09-2007, 10:44 AM

On this now.

HarryTuttle
11-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I will personally "teabag" Bill O :P

jcbraithwaite7
11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
lol... you said "teabag" (beavis and butthead laugh)

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM

Actually, I had also been thinking of doing wht you describe with cheap, bulk, teabags for pre-Dec16th promo. One group (on Daily Paul---orders must be in by Nov12th) is printing up custom tea bags but even in bulk but they are .18 each and there seems to be a 50 teabag minimum per interested person...

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 11:47 AM

I'll do that. Zand include a paper with www.TeaParty07.com/Weekend of Liberty info.

thedjnikki
11-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I am gonna mail some out and write on them "Liberty is brewing RON PAUL! DEC. 16th!"

sketch
11-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Actually, I had also been thinking of doing wht you describe with cheap, bulk, teabags for pre-Dec16th promo. One group (on Daily Paul---orders must be in by Nov12th) is printing up custom tea bags but even in bulk but they are .18 each and there seems to be a 50 teabag minimum per interested person...

Even cheaper idea: buy plain old tea bags from any grocery store, then download the square tea party logos on teaparty07.com/banners. Put a link to Ron Paul's website on the other side, staple it in place of the tag that came with the tea, and you're set!