PDA

View Full Version : vote on Pajamas Media Poll Ron Paul is barely ahead of FT

LastoftheMohicans
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Please voteon Pajamas Media (http://www.pajamasmedia.com Poll. Ron Paul had a commanding lead but now he is only up by about 90 votes (3%). I know a lot of people don't like the neocons at Pajamas, but it would be nice for them to have to report Ron Paul as the winner.

MsDoodahs
06-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Nope.

They'll get no traffic from me after the shit they pulled.

Let their site - and pocketbooks - suffer as a result.

Free market rules. :D

LastoftheMohicans
06-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Fair Enough. I understand completely.

specsaregood
06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Pajamas Media has lost ALL respect in my book. They are a shill group that will be used to "prove" Fred Thompson's strong internet revolution; which will be purely a facade.

wwycher
06-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Ron Paul 1018 66.4%
Fred Thompson 291 19.0%
Mitt Romney 65 4.2%
Rudy Giuliani 61 4.0%
Newt Gingrich 23 1.5%
Tom Tancredo 23 1.5%
Duncan Hunter 19 1.2%
Mike Huckabee 16 1.0%
John McCain 9 0.6%
Tommy Thompson 6 0.4%
Sam Brownback 3 0.2

Yeah baby!

UCFGavin
06-17-2007, 11:22 AM
nope, those guys can go to hell.

beermotor
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Pajamas Media has lost ALL respect in my book. They are a shill group that will be used to "prove" Fred Thompson's strong internet revolution; which will be purely a facade.

er, they ain't proving a whole lot, other than people who think Fred Thompson is great don't go to pajamasmedia. Chucklem00se.

ADGettis
06-17-2007, 07:04 PM

Here's their proof, and it's hard to refute it:

Fred Thompson (Republican) and Bill Richardson (Democrat) continue to ride high in the poll. Thompson has not yet declared…

This written right next to the poll results showing Paul leading Thompson by 8 points and leading the nearest actual candidate by 36 points. I'm confused – those numbers make it look like Paul is riding especially high, but they sure seem confident that it is in fact Thompson. Who am I to believe?!?

DjLoTi
06-17-2007, 07:05 PM
lol. Who knows.

beerista
06-17-2007, 07:28 PM
er, they ain't proving a whole lot, other than people who think Fred Thompson is great don't go to pajamasmedia. Chucklem00se.

Hmmm, where do they go? Or, perhaps more to the point, where do they come from?

CJLauderdale4
06-17-2007, 07:31 PM
oh crap!!
We're avoiding this poll like the plague, and Ron is still killing everyone!!

Time to drink your Kool-Aid - swallow real good and say: "Fred Thompson is Internet-saavy!" Again, now....

austinphish
06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Don't even bother with that poll. It is not worth supporting that website. Who really cares about online polls anyways? Who is going to stand up and lead us to victory in Iowa?

quickmike
06-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Lets not freak out about Fred Thompson yet folks. After all people who are currently labeling him as the "true conservative" dont yet know his stance on anything really, other than he "looks strong on camera". Once they see his real policy, im confident that people who actually check his stance on issues will realize hes just like Mitt Romney, and his support will drop. If his support doesnt drop, it will be because of the mindless robots who just vote for who FOX news tells them to vote for. Besides, Ron Paul is the only anti Iraq republican running, so the rest of the pack can split the war mongering vote between them, and paul will get the pro freedom/ anti Iraq war vote, which is very good for him. Remember, Ron Paul has been in politics for a long time, and hes no dummy when considering the things I've mentioned above. He is using this to his advantage. Not to mention the fact that I dont think people will really want someone like Fred that has incurable cancer being the president when it comes down to actually voting for him.

beermotor
06-18-2007, 05:14 AM
Hmmm, where do they go? Or, perhaps more to the point, where do they come from?

I think that's the point - they don't exist.

Stinker
06-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Won't they just pull him from the poll again? Why bother?

LibertyCzar
06-18-2007, 10:47 AM
The point is that Ron Paul is there now. Ron Paul himself would declare this to be a positive sign. I too get discouraged, but he is never discouraged, regardless. He just says we don't need as much time and attention. Ron Paul is truly an inspiration.

Incidently, this poll has been cited on Digg. Please be sure to Digg this poll result before it is buried. I doubt the ant-Ron Paul types would like to see Ron Paul at the top of a poll.

Here's the Digg URL: http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Pajamas_Media_Presidential_Straw_Poll_2008_Ron_Pau l_leads_again

Broadlighter
06-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Ron Paul was running way ahead and the headline was about Fred Thompson leading the poll as an undeclared. It was like seeing a big elephant in the room.

I think the Neo-Con bloggers just assumed that Ron Paul supporters had spammed the vote.

The funny thing is, spamming the vote is more suited to their ideology.

angelatc
06-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I think it's important to mention that the official campaign put out a MySpace bulletin asking us specifically *not* to vote in the LGF polls. They're using Ron to drive their Alexa ratings back up - that's all.

Ron Paul is back in the Pajamas Media poll and is again winning - overwhelmingly :)

BUT......................

PLEASE Do NOT vote in the Pajamas Media poll !!!

This poll doesn't matter anymore, the fussing, rule-writing and hand-wringing by Pajamas Media drove away all interest their poll. (and credibility)

After claiming some sort of bizarre conspiracy when Ron Paul won their straw poll in February, Pajamas Media declared Rudy Giuliani the winner.

They proudly claimed that they fixed their "spamming" issue and all was well. The only problem is, Ron Paul also won that weeks poll - overwhelmingly!

How did Pajamas Media respond this time? They completely removed Ron Paul's name from the next week's poll.

Since then PJM has continued to (unsuccessfully) accuse Ron Paul supporters of cheating.

Now, it seems the website can not survive without Ron Paul supporters!

<snip chart>

It was all a very weird, very unnecessary lesson in how trying to control an online community eventually brings on extinction, or at least dwindling popularity.

I don't see this ending well for Pajamas Media...

FULL STORY
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/120672.html

[PLEASE REPOST]

angrydragon
06-18-2007, 01:36 PM
The polls that matter are the ones on cnn.com or other big media. They have far greater numbers. Once people see Ron, they will vote for him.