PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to organize another big event - how about a 'Celebrities for Ron Paul' concert?

Deborah K
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Check this out, country singer Aaron Lewis says some pretty good things about Ron, albeit he mentions liking Santorum..uuggh. http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2011/12/q_a_aaron_lewis_of_staind_talk.php

Now that we're starting get a pretty nice collection of artists for Ron, wouldn't an event be awesome??

Excellent song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw

Deborah K
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
No likey?

JoshLowry
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I think it's a great idea. Hopefully it would bring even more big names out of the woodwork. Now or never!

Liberty and good musicians are in high demand.

JulioForPaul
01-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Great idea (although I wouldn't call Aaron Lewis a country singer).

Deborah K
01-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Thank you Josh. If I can muster up some support for this, I'll make it happen one way or another.

Deborah K
01-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Why not? Why not have different genres performing in different segments? We could have it on private property and make it a 2 day event - call it RonStock. LOL.

Deborah K
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM

I misunderstood your quote, sorry. Is he a crossover? I swear I saw this video on CMT.

JamesButabi
01-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I misunderstood your quote, sorry. Is he a crossover? I swear I saw this video on CMT.

Staind is more of an alt rock band. Melodic yet touches of grunge.

speciallyblend
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
so i say no on dc and no on san diego how about a half way point say denver pepsi center:) ok ok i tried:)

Pawl2012
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Hes more like southern rock now.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Count me in... I have experience in concert promotion so message me if you need some organizational help.

Deborah K
01-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Count me in... I have experience in concert promotion so message me if you need some organizational help.

Kewl. If this picks up steam I'll ask for your help.

speciallyblend
01-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Kewl. If this picks up steam I'll ask for your help.

vegas or denver event??

Deborah K
01-01-2012, 11:04 PM
so i say no on dc and no on san diego how about a half way point say denver pepsi center:) ok ok i tried:)

hmmmm.....this could work.....

speciallyblend
01-01-2012, 11:14 PM
hmmmm.....this could work.....

i messaged you in rpf.

P. R. Robinson
01-01-2012, 11:21 PM
RON PAUL AND LIBERTY!

When our Constitution’s a “Guideline”
And no longer keeps us Free;
When Politicians indulge themselves
In an endless Spending Spree;
Give them just what the Doctor ordered;
RON PAUL AND LIBERTY!

When our Money’s no longer tied to Gold,
When the Printing Press runs free;
When The Fed and the Wall Street Bankers
Confiscate our Treasury;
RON PAUL AND LIBERTY!

When our Government’s growth Infringes
On Personal Sovereignty
And Citizens find themselves Ensnared
In Webs of Bureaucracy;
RON PAUL AND LIBERTY!

When the Wars we fight are Undeclared
By the President’s Decree;
Yet our Troops still Fight and they still Die
For an “Empire” Policy;
RON PAUL AND LIBERTY!

realtonygoodwin
01-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Some have called him a heavy metal singer.

I would go to a concert featuring

Kelly Clarkson
Michelle Branch
Aaron Lewis
John Mayer
Pras
Prodigy
Derek Webb

ca4paul
01-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Now that we're starting get a pretty nice collection of artists for Ron, wouldn't an event be awesome??

If you need any help on cutting edge rock bands let me know, I have a lot of connections in L.A.

I think Devo supports Ron Paul too.

speciallyblend
01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
If you need any help on cutting edge rock bands let me know, I have a lot of connections in L.A.

I think Devo supports Ron Paul too.

ahhh yeah devo:)

JoshLowry
01-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Might be wise to call it a For Liberty Concert instead of tying it directly to Ron's name? Or whatever name you like...

Still do only RP supporting artists...

kill the banks
01-02-2012, 12:03 AM
WoW

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Might be wise to call it a For Liberty Concert instead of tying it directly to Ron's name? Or whatever name you like...

Still do only RP supporting artists...

we should have the owner of rpf as a stage liberty dancer for the ladies:) hehe

anewvoice
01-02-2012, 08:12 AM
vegas or denver event??

Nevada is a significant Caucus state, just sayin.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Nevada is a significant Caucus state, just sayin.
i hear ya. I think i could make it to vegas. I hope this happens denver or vegas. Those 2 cities are pretty cheap to fly into.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Okay, I'm going to work on this and probably put a call together. If you want in on the call, PM me. If we're going to do this, we need to put a team together asap, and we need to spread the word and get a web site up. I like the idea of having it in Nevada, RP supporter celebrities only, and having it within the next 2-3 months but that means we will have to make a serious commitment to this.

We also need someone in the business to let celebrities know about this. I strongly believe that if celebrity supporters know there are others willing to perform on his behalf, they'll come out of the woodwork and this will be a game changer. We could also donate any net proceeds to the campaign and revpac.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 08:44 AM
I 110% support this effort. I hope others will as well. I will do what i can to help. For Liberty Concert is a Great idea Josh;) maybe you or deb can make a thread for more suggestions to see what comes out of the forum?

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 08:46 AM
I 110% support this effort. I hope others will as well. I will do what i can to help. For Liberty Concert is a Great idea Josh;) maybe we or deb can make a thread for more suggestions to see what comes out of the forum?

Josh, if you make the thread, your endorsement of this project will go a long way for us.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Hmmm you know... I am sure some of you remember the story of Gibson Guitars getting raided and the CEO going on a tirade about big government (If you don't than just do a search, I created the threads a few months back). I am thinking that somebody like Gibson Guitars would know some musicians who want on this and heck, if done correctly they may even want to get involved with sponsorship.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Hmmm you know... I am sure some of you remember the story of Gibson Guitars getting raided and the CEO going on a tirade about big government (If you don't than just do a search, I created the threads a few months back). I am thinking that somebody like Gibson Guitars would know some musicians who want on this and heck, if done correctly they may even want to get involved with sponsorship.

Get on it, Joe! :D We need someone with the ability to get the word out to celebrities. I wouldn't be opposed to having non-musician celebrities make appearances. If this gets big enough, we can turn it into a 2day event.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Okay, I'm going to work on this and probably put a call together. If you want in on the call, PM me. If we're going to do this, we need to put a team together asap, and we need to spread the word and get a web site up. I like the idea of having it in Nevada, RP supporter celebrities only, and having it within the next 2-3 months but that means we will have to make a serious commitment to this.

We also need someone in the business to let celebrities know about this. I strongly believe that if celebrity supporters know there are others willing to perform on his behalf, they'll come out of the woodwork and this will be a game changer. We could also donate any net proceeds to the campaign and revpac.

yeah shoot me a pm

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Get on it, Joe! :D We need someone with the ability to get the word out to celebrities. I wouldn't be opposed to having non-musician celebrities make appearances. If this gets big enough, we can turn it into a 2day event.

If you have any agent contacts? I will gladly make the calls for you. I am sure we can contact Golden State directly. Kelly Clarkson we can just tweet and fb this info once we get more info together.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 09:01 AM

Check your PM box... I will put in a call to Gibson's marketing department and see what we would need to do to get their support.

ZanZibar
01-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Not sure what happened to my post in here....

But this is not a good idea at the time being for several reasons. Of course it builds excitement and is a lot of fun, but it also tends to be a resource drain unless it's a fundraiser. And even then it's hard to make money. Even if all of the artists are performing for free, you are looking at a possible production budget of $150k. That's pretty hard to surmount. Not only that but it takes a TON of time to put something like this together, 6 months in advance to do it right, and it takes a lot of professional talent who would have to be pulled off of campaigning. So there is very high opportunity cost involved here.

In other words timing is important and something like this would have to be done at earliest later in 2012.

satchelmcqueen
01-02-2012, 09:02 AM
good idea and maybe invite E news or some of those celebrity shows to cover it.

satchelmcqueen
01-02-2012, 09:03 AM
maybe a member here owns a large pasture that could be used to set things up in and do an outside event.

But this is not a good idea at the time being for several reasons. Of course it builds excitement and is a lot of fun, but it also tends to be a resource drain unless it's a fundraiser. And even then it's hard to make money. Even if all of the artists are performing for free, you are looking at a possible production budget of $150k. That's pretty hard to surmount. Not only that but it takes a TON of time to put something like this together, 6 months in advance to do it right, and it takes a lot of professional talent who would have to be pulled off of campaigning. So there is very high opportunity cost involved here.

In other words timing is important and something like this would have to be done at earliest later in 2012.

KingNothing
01-02-2012, 09:04 AM
If you have any agent contacts? I will gladly make the calls for you. I am sure we can contact Golden State directly. Kelly Clarkson we can just tweet and fb this info once we get more info together.

There's no way that tweeting Kelly Clarkson to attend a concert would work. She has people. You have to go through them.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 09:06 AM

I don't have any agent contacts for anyone talked about so far but I have experience dealing with agencies for artists so it should not be a problem but once we start getting information I have no problem splitting the list up with you and we can put in a ton of phone work in just a couple of hours between us.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:07 AM

it boils down to marketing and exposing our message to new people and spreading ron pauls message thru media,entertainment etc . You could never buy the amount of coverage(spreading ron pauls message) this concert would get period. It drains nothing. It would actually raise more money for Ron Paul.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't have any agent contacts for anyone talked about so far but I have experience dealing with agencies for artists so it should not be a problem but once we start getting information I have no problem splitting the list up with you and we can put in a ton of phone work in just a couple of hours between us.

i just called Kelly Clarksons agent and left a brief message and my contact info and let them know generally what we were looking to do and our interest. It was a booking agent so might not be kellys agent. No Plan on calling anyone else. I figured we would want golden state involved but i will wait until deb tells me:)

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:10 AM

Joe I never got it. My box was full and I had to empty it. Can you re-send it?

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
i just called Kelly Clarksons agent and left a brief message and my contact info and let them know generally what we were looking to do and our interest. It was a booking agent so might not be kellys agent.

I would wait until we're done brainstorming and are more organized. We can spread the word in the movement, but let's assign one person to handle contact with celebrities when the time is right.

ItsTime
01-02-2012, 09:14 AM
This is something RevPac should be taking the lead on.....

speciallyblend

kewl. I have dealt with some agencies before to as a dj. We need to get a few things inline before we make to many calls of course. Good Luck on the gibson. We need to get chipins together to cover venue sound and marketing etc. We should plan on calling the camp ground for this event ronstock 2012 unless grassroots decides to call it ronstock 2012 or for liberty concert. I really think ronstock should be the camp ground;) and For liberty concert sounds great to me for a wide appeal unless grassroots comes up with something better?

Deborah K

It is a monumental feat no doubt. But there is no stopping an idea whose time has come, and if this gets feet, I strongly believe the right people will come forward to make this happen. With any luck, professional concert promoters, agents, etc. will step up. Even if we get this ball rolling and someone in the field wants to take it over, I know all of us would be more than willing to hand the reins over.

Let's not worry about 'what ifs'. Let's just be organized about this, and get it started.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:15 AM
I would wait until we're done brainstorming and are more organized. We can spread the word in the movement, but let's assign one person to handle contact with celebrities when the time is right.

yeah i just put a feeler out to an agent and left my number . yeah not making anymore calls deb;)

ZanZibar
01-02-2012, 09:16 AM
it boils down to marketing and exposing our message to new people and spreading ron pauls message thru media,entertainment etc . Yes, which is why that would work after the campaign because that's not an efficient way to acquire votes.

You could never buy the amount of coverage(spreading ron pauls message) this concert would get period. Actually you can, quite a bit of it. Do you know that spending $150k worth of well-placed ads and direct marketing will do!? Let's just say that you can get people elected or unelected on the state level with that kind of money.

It drains nothing. It would actually raise more money for Ron Paul.How many concerts have you put on? Have you ever held political fundraisers before? :confused:

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
kewl. I have dealt with some agencies before to as a dj. We need to get a few things inline before we make to many calls of course. Good Luck on the gibson. We need to get chipins together to cover venue sound and marketing etc. We should plan on calling the camp ground for this event ronstock 2012 unless grassroots decides to call it ronstock 2012 or for liberty concert. I really think ronstock should be the camp ground;) and For liberty concert sounds great to me for a wide appeal unless grassroots comes up with something better?

yeah, I will start getting the info and once we have a better idea of where this is all going than I will forward you the info.

Deborah K

Pitch it to them, then. I don't care who does it, as long as it gets done and gets done right.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes, which is why that would work after the campaign because that's not an efficient way to acquire votes.

Actually you can, quite a bit of it. Do you know that spending $150k worth of well-placed ads and direct marketing will do!? Let's just say that you can get people elected or unelected on the state level with that kind of money.

How many concerts have you put on? Have you ever held political fundraisers before? :confused:

A celebrity endorsement event for Ron Paul will be a game changer. Period.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:18 AM

i do not think anyone here would argue. I have 0 dollars to invest in this but I am a good mc and dj and play plenty of genres of music(band breaks or after parties). www.coloradosbestdjs.com

ZanZibar
01-02-2012, 09:19 AM
It is a monumental feat no doubt. But there is no stopping an idea whose time has come, and if this gets feet, I strongly believe the right people will come forward to make this happen. With any luck, professional concert promoters, agents, etc. will step up. Even if we get this ball rolling and someone in the field wants to take it over, I know all of us would be more than willing to hand the reins over.

Let's not worry about 'what ifs'. Let's just be organized about this, and get it started.Many an ostrich had it's butt kicked while it's head was in the sand....

http://www.ostrichheadinsand.com/images/ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

But seriously.... emotionalism isn't a good basis for this.

Ask yourself, what is the objective? What are you trying to accomplish with this event? Is it to get votes? Is it to get money? Is it just to have fun and build excitement?

That's where to start.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:19 AM
A celebrity endorsement event for Ron Paul will be a game changer. Period.

exactly. I have put on smaller successful events!

ZanZibar
01-02-2012, 09:20 AM
A celebrity endorsement event for Ron Paul will be a game changer. Period.Really? :confused:

Can you tell me any other campaigns that have had their success based off of celebrity endorsements in the past? I am interested in hearing this.

The only one I can think of is Goldwater having Reagan as a spokesman. But even then that was very different than what is being proposed here.

CaseyJones
01-02-2012, 09:21 AM
ZanZibar do not interfere in this thread anymore

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Many an ostrich had it's butt kicked while it's head was in the sand....

Ask yourself, what is the objective? What are you trying to accomplish with this event? Is it to get votes? Is it to get money? Is it just to have fun and build excitement?

That's where to start.

your the one putting your head in the sand. bottom line This would pay for itself in media/entertainment coverage and exposing ron pauls ideas to whole new segment of people and it would raise more money for ron paul and get people involved in winning it for ron paul. The $$$$ figure could never be paid for by ron paul or grassroots in coverage.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Common Sense Objective expose the message to millions of new folks and the media/entertainment coverage of this could never be bought in $$$ terms. It would pay for itself right there in 1 hr of media coverage nationally and internationally. Get Involved Register Republican support Ron paul nothing serious/sarcasm.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Many an ostrich had it's butt kicked while it's head was in the sand....

That's where to start.

This may shock you but there are other people in this movement who have experience doing things outside of sitting on their ass and drinking beer. Nobody ever said something like this would be easy or cheap but you took it upon yourself to assume that everyone else is a flipping moron. We all know how great you are (or think you are) and that you think we cannot even regulate our own bowel movements without your input but believe me, we are capable of far more than just sitting and drooling on ourselves.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Really? :confused:

Can you tell me any other campaigns that have had their success based off of celebrity endorsements in the past? I am interested in hearing this.

The only one I can think of is Goldwater having Reagan as a spokesman. But even then that was very different than what is being proposed here.

Uh....where were you during the Obama campaign?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kAw4OTlA0

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:30 AM
deb and jd just let me know what you need me to do and i will do my best:) and to answer the thread troll i have done 2 smaller events in colorado and they were successful. Didn't make alot of money for myself but it was successful. I would be helping to promote. The grassroots will pick who will run this after the idea is put forth by deb and rpf members.

ZanZibar
01-02-2012, 09:31 AM
ZanZibar do not interfere in this thread anymoreI'm not interfering I am giving professional advice and consultation.
This would pay for itself in media/entertainment coverage and exposing ron pauls ideas to whole new segment of people and it would raise more money for ron paul and get people involved in winning it for ron paul. The $$$$ figure could never be paid for by ron paul or grassroots in coverage.Quantify it. How much media attention? Which markets? Covered by who? What is the value of that expected coverage? When would it happen?
expose the message to millions of new folks and the media/entertainment coverage of this could never be bought in $$$ terms.That's not true. Airtime can be bought in many ways and it is all quantifiable. That's kind of my point, if you are going to spend $150-$500k to promote the message of liberty, there is a less risky and much more effective way to do it than hosting a concert.

It would pay for itself right there in 1 hr of media coverage nationally and internationally.We are venturing back into blimp territory here.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:31 AM
[QUOTEedit mistake for you know who.[/QUOTE]

first off you need to be banned from this thread. I do not drink beer and you are talking out your ass right now on many levels. so go away until we have something organized like casey told you. a freaking ron paul troll who would of thought? you do not know me or deb and for you to say that tells me your full of shit. I don't claim to know everything but my family and myself have been in music business since i was freaking born. I surely do not need to explain myself to you(rpf troll) for example my dad performed with peaches and i dj.The list goes on.

Captain Caveman
01-02-2012, 09:34 AM
(sorry if it's already posted)

Adam Kokesh did a celeb video... good stuff!

How do we best lobby celebs to get involved?

I would *LOVE* to see Clint Eastwood and a few players of that scale get involved. Please Mr. Eastwood? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRia3ejBUq4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRia3ejBUq4

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 09:34 AM
first off you need to be banned from this thread. I do not drink beer and you are talking out your ass right now on many levels. so go away until we have something organized like casey told you. a freaking ron paul troll who would of thought? you do not know me or deb and for you to say that tells me your full of shit.

lol SB.. I was not talking to you

ZanZibar
01-02-2012, 09:35 AM
i have done 2 smaller events in colorado and they were successful.Fair enough...

What talent was there?
How many people showed?
What kind of local press were you able to garner?
What was the budget for the thing?

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm not interfering I am giving professional advice and consultation. Quantify it. How much media attention? Which markets? Covered by who? What is the value of that expected coverage? When would it happen?That's not true. Airtime can be bought in many ways and it is all quantifiable. That's kind of my point, if you are going to spend $150-$500k to promote the message of liberty, there is a less risky and much more effective way to do it than hosting a concert.

We are venturing back into blimp territory here.

you are so full of yourself you just got ignored .

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:36 AM

I think he just forgot to add: this ^ to his post. heheh.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Fair enough...

What talent was there?
How many people showed?
What kind of local press were you able to garner?
What was the budget for the thing?

none of that matters since i will not be the lead organizer and you cannot read what deb has said obviously. will the mods please cage this rpf troll please.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Zanzibar, your opinion is duly noted, now step off. You've been warned by a moderator. Let us brainstorm on this, quit trying to throw a wrench in it.

CaseyJones
01-02-2012, 09:38 AM
banned ZanZibar for a day

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:39 AM
There's no way that tweeting Kelly Clarkson to attend a concert would work. She has people. You have to go through them.

not true what so ever. If we spark interest with kelly she will come forward. Artist are not Zombies .They actually can call their agent and demand to do it;) kelly and michelle could be rpf members now since i fb'ed them ronpaulforums and told them they could use any id they wanted. no agents

we didn't use agents for golden state.

deb is on the right track.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 09:40 AM

L - O - L

MelissaWV
01-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I like the idea, and would also add that some of these artists should be approached for the right to use their music in future Ron Paul videos. That is an untapped resource. It would be easiest and most beneficial to choose a song that didn't get widespread radio play, but that suits the mood of whatever the video is trying to convey. It might inspire people to say "great song... oh that's by ________? Let me go download that immediately!!!" and it also provides better music with the appropriate rights in place.

As for the infighting no, I don't think this is "blimp territory." If you want the metaphor to hold together, this would be more like having the blimp, having people willing to fly the blimp, having good weather for the blimp... and only needing publicity for the blimp or perhaps a venue upon which the blimp could land.

My only concern with this would be the logistics of getting all of the musicians in one place at the same time (schedules being what they are), and I guess a secondary concern of whether or not such a mixture of genres would attract a crowd. It would depend on who could go, though.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:42 AM

Thank you Casey.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:43 AM

sorry my post was for zanzibar not you jd:) hehe now i have to go back and see what i missed if you thought i was posting to u hmmm?

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:46 AM

ok isee what i did, i meant to quote you know who;) sorry aobut that let me take your quote out,oops my bad i was bitching at you know who not you.

bluesc
01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
This would be a good idea for the general election.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I like the idea, and would also add that some of these artists should be approached for the right to use their music in future Ron Paul videos. That is an untapped resource. It would be easiest and most beneficial to choose a song that didn't get widespread radio play, but that suits the mood of whatever the video is trying to convey. It might inspire people to say "great song... oh that's by ________? Let me go download that immediately!!!" and it also provides better music with the appropriate rights in place.

As for the infighting no, I don't think this is "blimp territory." If you want the metaphor to hold together, this would be more like having the blimp, having people willing to fly the blimp, having good weather for the blimp... and only needing publicity for the blimp or perhaps a venue upon which the blimp could land.

My only concern with this would be the logistics of getting all of the musicians in one place at the same time (schedules being what they are), and I guess a secondary concern of whether or not such a mixture of genres would attract a crowd. It would depend on who could go, though.

Now this is brainstorming. Hopefully, it would attract not only RP supporters, but more importantly, it would attract fans of the various artists performing, which could in turn expose them to Ron.

As far as logistics, this event would be beneficial during the primaries OR the general election. Banking on a primary win and planning it for the general is risky, imo. The propaganda arm for the war machine aka MSM cannot be counted on to be fair about coverage but it would be very hard for them to ignore a substantial number of Hollywood celebrity types coming out for Ron. The strategic advantage for a primary win could be huge.

Right now, I just want to get the buzz out about it, see who comes forward to help, have some calls, and set up a plan of action. I have faith that if this is meant to be, it will be. Just like the Revolution March, even though we had many adversaries vehemently working against us, we did it anyway.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
ok isee what i did, i meant to quote you know who;) sorry aobut that let me take your quote out,oops my bad i was bitching at you know who not you.

No worries, figured that is what it was but just wanted to make sure.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM

yep, curious once we get more info together and planned should we make a chipin for start up costs? What if no promoter steps up to the plate could we then have donors donate to a chipin as a co-op? Then donors could get their money back if the event breaks even or a certain % if it makes money or all money made donated to ron paul? just throwing stuff out there. If this falls thru all money in chipin donated to ron paul? Would be great if revpac stepped up to the plate.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Now this is brainstorming. Hopefully, it would attract not only RP supporters, but more importantly, it would attract fans of the various artists performing, which could in turn expose them to Ron.

As far as logistics, this event would be beneficial during the primaries OR the general election. Banking on a primary win and planning it for the general is risky, imo. The propaganda arm for the war machine aka MSM cannot be counted on to be fair about coverage but it would be very hard for them to ignore a substantial number of Hollywood celebrity types coming out for Ron. The strategic advantage for a primary win could be huge.

Right now, I just want to get the buzz out about it, see who comes forward to help, have some calls, and set up a plan of action. I have faith that if this is meant to be, it will be. Just like the Revolution March, even though we had many adversaries vehemently working against us, we did it anyway.

Might not hurt to go into it with a ozzfest or lollapalooza type mindset... especially lollapalooza where they have acts from various genres but also different activities going on. I could easily see people set up for speeches, some product booths, maybe a dunk Hannity booth or something..

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 09:59 AM

exactly, hey you did a great job with the revolution march. I remember you all over these forums working your butt off. I couldn't go i was heartbroken:) the ronstock event we(rpf members) did wasn't huge but i do not know one attendee that didn't have a good time Marc Scibilia and Adam kokesh chilling by the fire pit, good times.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
yep, curious once we get more info together and planned should we make a chipin for start up costs? What if no promoter steps up to the plate could we then have donors donate to a chipin as a co-op? Then donors could get their money back if the event breaks even or a certain % if it makes money or all money made donated to ron paul? just throwing stuff out there. If this falls thru all money in chipin donate to ron paul? Would be great if revpac stepped up to the plate.

I personally would rather wait on raising money. Let's see if this really gets legs. If it does, we'll form a team to handle specific roles, one of which will be a treasurer. We'll need a web site with a page showing a balance sheet so everything is transparent. But that is down the road. Right now let's see who comes on board. I can organize events, but not without a killer team - no way - no how. And I don't expect to be the final head on this, just the jump starter. I don't have the experience to plan a massive event featuring high-profile people but I do have the experience to launch something and am more than willing to hand the reins over to the pros.

If we start an impressive web site with a pledge counter, a top-notch team, and well organized plan - spread it around everywhere, hopefully the right people will pick it up and run with it.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Might not hurt to go into it with a ozzfest or lollapalooza type mindset... especially lollapalooza where they have acts from various genres but also different activities going on. I could easily see people set up for speeches, some product booths, maybe a dunk Hannity booth or something..

they also had multiple stages which allows for more bands to perform and different genres in different areas.

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 10:06 AM
I personally would rather wait on raising money. Let's see if this really gets legs. If it does, we'll form a team to handle specific roles, one of which will be a treasurer. We'll need a web site with a page showing a balance sheet so everything is transparent. But that is down the road. Right now let's see who comes on board. I can organize events, but not without a killer team - no way - no how. And I don't expect to be the final head on this, just the jump starter. I don't have the experience to plan a massive event featuring high-profile people but I do have the experience to launch something and am more than willing to hand the reins over to the pros.

If we start an impressive web site with a pledge counter, a top-notch team, and well organized plan - spread it around everywhere, hopefully the right people will pick it up and run with it.

my wife www.coloradosocialmarketing.com (http://www.coloradosocialmarketing.com) can take care of any website pages for this if you want. She just said yes. She would just need the code for the pledge counter. She knows her stuff(SEO and internet marketing, php/css,web design) let me know what you want if you have design artist with anything you want to use just let her know.

Captain Caveman
01-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I would submit that more than a music event should be considered. Excellent idea, a music event, btw. :)

Maybe these things have been covered (or not), but were it possible to be smokin' polite and send lots of short notes to celebs for endorsements, and especially APPEARANCES for Ron, that could really add to the fuel that an Event (or three) can give us.

At least, we can ask folks to get on Adam's show... and perhaps more than that too if it goes easy for the participants.

Am I repeating things that have been said? If so, it's worth repeating? :)

-j

speciallyblend
01-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I would submit that more than a music event should be considered. Excellent idea, a music event, btw. :)

Maybe these things have been covered (or not), but were it possible to be smokin' polite and send lots of short notes to celebs for endorsements, and especially APPEARANCES for Ron, that could really add to the fuel that an Event (or three) can give us.

At least, we can ask folks to get on Adam's show... and perhaps more than that too if it goes easy for the participants.

Am I repeating things that have been said? If so, it's worth repeating? :)

-j

good stuff yes

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
my wife www.coloradosocialmarketing.com (http://www.coloradosocialmarketing.com) can take care of any website pages for this if you want. She just said yes. She would just need the code for the pledge counter. She knows her stuff(SEO and internet marketing, php/css,web design) let me know what you want if you have design artist with anything you want to use just let her know.

Thank you, thank you!!!! Hug her for me! I will be in touch on this!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2012, 10:20 AM
For those wondering what I was talking about in regards to Gibson..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312146-Gibson-guitar-plant-raided-by-feds-CEO-responds&highlight=gibson+guitar

&

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312168-Gibson-Guitar-Factory-Raided&highlight=gibson+guitar

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 12:43 PM
bump

PatriotOne
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Sounds impossible! But that is what I love about this movement...if any group of people can do this, it's the irrepressible RP supporters. You go Deb!

p.s. Aimee Allen

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Sounds impossible! But that is what I love about this movement...if any group of people can do this, it's the irrepressible RP supporters. You go Deb!

We just need to get the ball rolling, the pros can take it after that. ;)

parocks
01-02-2012, 02:04 PM
No likey?

Get one or more of the previously identified rockstar Ron Paul fans to Jillians in Manchester on Jan 7. Jordan Page, Garden State, Tom Woods are already there. How about Red Jumpsuit Apparatus? And Staind would be great, so would Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch, John Popper, Juliette Lewis, and whoever else I might've missed.

http://boots2nh.com/
https://www.facebook.com/events/122324604550154
https://www.facebook.com/events/151151268323559/

this is 3 days before this important primary. I would think that revpac would want to jump in here and make this good.

it's a good idea to put bands at events in the state, in the major city, 3 days before the primary. Make this one good.

Deborah K
01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
PARocks, go for it. As Jean Luke Piccard used to say: "Make it happen." You've got 5 days.....

And ftr, I resigned from RevPac over a month ago. I'm a free agent. :D Still love everybody there and wish them HUGE success! Even donated 100 bucks to their beautiful "Compassion" ad.