PDA

View Full Version : THE MEDIA IS DRIVING A WEDGE BETWEEN RON PAUL & THE REPUBLICAN BASE - Read This!

ronpaulfan
11-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I made a thread about this yesterday but I think most people missed my point (thread here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34349)). Here is my point:

Everything the media has done to this point (“He’s a Libertarian”, “Non-Republicans support him”, “Will you support the Republican nominee? No?”) has been purposefully and maliciously DESIGNED by the buttholes in power to drive a wedge between Ron Paul and the Republican base. WE MUST FIX THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! IMHO our #1 focus should be to re-connect with the Republican Base.

I am a Ron Paul Republican!!

ronpaulfan
11-09-2007, 08:55 AM
We need more ideas to quickly reconnect with the Republican base! A lot of damage has already been done!!

Here is an idea: When Ron Paul talks about the fundraising records, he should say things like "Grassoots supporters helped topple Hillary's fundraising record!" and "The Republican party now has a new fundraising record!"

shepburn
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I agree ... this has been a very subtle, but effective move by the media.

Are we to think it is an accident that only the liberal meida gives the time of day?

i.e. NY Times and CNN?

The Republican base does listen to them!

Bradley in DC
11-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Dude, get over yourself already. We ignored the last thread. It wasn't an oversight. There is no one "the media" out there with a single malicious "purpose" etc. The bigger threat to the success of Dr. Paul's campaign is the sophmoric conspiracy-laden insecurities of some supporters. If you want to help, cut the crap already. Enough of the baseless, unsubtantiated and easily refutable delusions already.

Dr. Paul IS a libertarian. He never gave up his life-time membership in the LP.
Many non-Republicans DO support him.
I can name a media source that supports him, oh wait, he's not been assimilated into the borg...

ronpaulfan
11-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Dude, get over yourself already. We ignored the last thread. It wasn't an oversight. There is no one "the media" out there with a single malicious "purpose" etc. The bigger threat to the success of Dr. Paul's campaign is the sophmoric conspiracy-laden insecurities of some supporters. If you want to help, cut the crap already. Enough of the baseless, unsubtantiated and easily refutable delusions already.

Harsh words.

I'm very surprised you don't see MSM manipulation as a legitimate issue. I'm actually going to make my next video specifically about this now Bradley :D

alexlcameron
11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I would like to make a handout that puts Reagans platform next to Ron's I know 2nd amendment and smaller government reganomics etc. I know many Republicans really look to the most Regan like candidate. Also takes the age factor away.. Reagan was 70

BillyDkid
11-09-2007, 09:11 AM

I can name a media source that supports him, oh wait, he's not been assimilated into the borg...
Bradley, there is no need for this. The man is entitled to his opinion. There may not be a conspiracy, but is a tacit understanding among many in the media that Ron Paul should be marginalized. He gets the fraction of the press that many lesser candidates get and often when they talk about him they feel it is imcumbent to ad marginalizing language - they do it all the time. The media has an agenda - whether they all got together in a room and agreed on the talking points is irrelevant. They have decided who the important candidates are and they won't budge. Furthermore, can you imagine if ANY of the other candidates had had a fund raising event like Nov. 5 - it would be plastered all over the talking heads shows for weeks on end. McCain is the comeback kid! Huckabee is dark horse who is going to surprise us. I think your post was pricky and pointless.

brandon
11-09-2007, 09:16 AM

If you dont see the media bias then you must not be paying attention.

Quit being a dick

thoughtbombing
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
I am republican in Name alone. Personally, my stomach has hurt ever since I changed parties. The primary can't come soon enough for me.

Original_Intent
11-09-2007, 09:21 AM
While I agree that Bradley was overly harsh, I agree with the overall sentiment. I think the post did not get the attention the OP wanted, not because we disagree with him, but because it is something that most of us are well aware of and have been for some time.

I think the idea of "branding" ourselves as "Ron Paul Republicans" is a good one, and if I remember the thread correctly, quite a few people picked up on the idea and liked it.

But sometimes I think we can get too caught up in our own ideas - not a slam to the OP I do the same thing myself - we have this epiphany and then when others don't respond as strongly as we ourselves do we think they don't "get it" and repeat ourselves. RPF, if this is something you want to put energy into raising peoples awareness, go for it. Just be aware that you will largely be preaching to the choir! ;)

me3
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Quoted For Truth

Btw, if folks really believe there is a conspiracy, why enable it? The only way to reform the system is by action, specifically at this time, the action of getting Dr. Paul elected, not trying to prove bias or to combat it with letter writing campaigns.

J Free
11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
The best way to connect with the GOP base is to expand it and show that the 2008 election can be won. The best way to show that is to SHOW that. What I don't understand is why people seem to prefer bleating about the unfair media and bleating about everything else that they can't control, rather than actually contributing to an idea - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34427 - where we can show just that.

heiwa
11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
While I might not have said it exactly the same way as Bradley :p, I agree that these types of "They're evil. Evil, I tell you!" posts are pointless. No one ever wins from railing against the machine and it just causes division.

Efforts like the Nov 5th money bomb were entirely positive and the exposure and credence it lent to Dr. Paul's campaign was probably as important as the money raised.

The MSM has said all along that it's all about the money. And as you've surely noticed, the tone has changed somewhat and will continue to do so as Dr. Paul's campaign becomes more economically viable.

So instead of looking at them and saying, "They're mean to us.", why not say, "We are amazing! We can even get the attention of the MSM! Now THAT is a feat.

They have to be totally amazed by our efforts. Given how little exposure he's had, they are seriously wondering who we are that we can raise $4,200.000 in ONE DAY. I love that. Don't you?

In Peace,
Jen

Liberty
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
After Ron/Rudy exchange Fox reporter Carl Cameron said Ron Paul is done. Then Michael Steele repeated the same statement. Sean Hannity can't accept when Ron Paul wins their text polls and says so on national TV. Would he say this if anyone else in the debate would have won? Sean's motto: we report, I decide. And lets not forget about Frank and his focus group.

jake
11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
"I'm taking back our party - I'm a Ron Paul Republican"

TruckinMike
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
We must stop quacking like liberal ducks.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2341/1713085287_488336805c_o.jpg

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28065

TruckinMike

freelance
11-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Republican and Libertarian are not mutually exclusive. Republican and libertarian are even more inclusive.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
I made a thread about this yesterday but I think most people missed my point (thread here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34349)). Here is my point:

Everything the media has done to this point (“He’s a Libertarian”, “Non-Republicans support him”, “Will you support the Republican nominee? No?”) has been purposefully and maliciously DESIGNED by the buttholes in power to drive a wedge between Ron Paul and the Republican base. WE MUST FIX THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! IMHO our #1 focus should be to re-connect with the Republican Base.

Actually, there is a lot that the OP said with which I agree.

The media constantly throws out the Libertarian label and the fact that he ran as a Libertarian for the purpose of making Republicans think he is not one of them. This is one of the reasons I have said since this campaign started, to quit falling into the trap. Stop promoting him as a Libertarian everywhere. Nor is there a need for people to become aces on the Libertarian platform, before they can be advocates of Ron Paul. He is a perfect match for traditional-conservatives, because he IS one. Not to mention the fact that he has been a Republican for DECADES. How long does it take to be considered a Republican anyway? Republicans are not going to nominate someone who they do not think is part of their party. To believe otherwise is complete foolishness.

The other thing that seems to be left out is the fact that Barry Goldwater, who is considered to be the person who revived conservatism, and Ronald Reagan, both referred to themselves as libertarian-conservatives. Libertarian-conservatism IS traditional conservatism. Period. Paul is also a constitutionalist and this seems to be one of the major reasons he draws people from across the political spectrum. Even though some in the media, like Hewett, seems to believe that the Constitution is more aligned with one political party over another, it simply is not true. I remember him saying on the radio yesterday that a lot of Democrats were calling in, who liked Ron Paul, and talked about the Constitution. He seemed to be relating it to a Democrat thing. I so wish I would have asked him, since when did the Republican party stop believing in the Constitution? Because last I knew, it was the very basis of everything that true conservatism was all about. I would have loved to hear him stumble all over himself explaining that one.

I also agree with the OP that many of us need to get involved with the Republican Party. They need to meet us, apart from chants, and find out that we are real Americans, who are concerned about our country. Just like they are. We're never going to change the system from the outside. We must change it from within. We cannot hope to win the Republican nomination unless we do this and we'd better get busy doing it. There is not much time.

TruckinMike
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
well said.

TM

Proemio
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Yes. I wrote the following on another forum earlier as part of an analysis of where we are heading in the short and medium term:

DS Plan D (currently being ramped up):
Acknowledge Paul, but separate him from the republican race - potentially as an excuse for exclusion - by mentioning the libertarian thing at every occasion - twice for good measure - in order to force the "potential Independent run" issue. As part of this gambit, DS is scrambling to resurrect Bloomberg as the 'independent' independent.
(DS stands for Dark Side - the one that does not exist according to prevailing authority)

And to a qustion about a long term strategy:

It's a bit too early to formulate a strategy with any confidence, if doing so is necessary at all. The revolution has shown incredible resilience to adapt and counter any and all challenges as they come along. As usual, the DS is doing most of the work (and sweathing) for us. Now that a sufficient, and increasing number of people are paying attention, the DS will inevitably outsmart themselves, will energize our base of pissed off, creative individuals even more and provide for the appropriate response.

And finally:

To quote Dr. Paul "There is something going on that nobody really understands." - fact.

Bossobass
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM

I'm solidly with Bradley here. The grossly shrunken Republican base doesn't have enough votes to elect dog catcher, especially when spread out over 5 candidates who all have the indentical platform.

By publishing articles that show Ron's cross over ability, they actually encourage Libertarians, Democrats, non-voters and first time voters to take a look at him and his platform.

Use the positives, ignore the negatives. We've successfully turned the GOP's attempts to denegrate and exclude Ron from the process into huge gains in numbers of supporters and donators.

Rudy's attacks at the second debate. Anuzis' attempt to exclude Ron from all subsequent debates. Failor's attempt to exclude Ron as having no credibility at the Iowa Forum. Beltram's attempt to bar the doors against Ron in Spartanburg, SC. The GOP's stacking of the audience to boo Ron at the Fla debate...all have been turned around and made into huge gains for Ron's campaign.

Positive thinking. Positive actions. Positive results.

Bosso

James R
11-09-2007, 10:06 AM

Disagreed. Why don't we have the media saying Rudi Guiliani "is really a Democrat running as a Republican". Because they are stupid as bricks and don't know what they are doing. The media must be set straight, and we must use FACT ATTACKS to do this thing correctly. We must get a side-by-side Repbulican-ness analysis, then shove it in the medias face, and finally threaten to SUE THEM if they ignore it. Furthermore, we must actually sue them at least one time when they report bad facts and claim that Dr. Paul "is not a Republican".

The law protects us from libel and slander, and we should use this to our advantage. If media states that "Dr. Paul is not a Republican" that is provably wrong in court. The harm from making that statement can also be proven. I don't understand why a campaign with 5 million in the bank would let them get away with it.

Proemio
11-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Disagreed. Why don't we have the media saying Rudi Guiliani "is really a Democrat running as a Republican". Because they are stupid as bricks and don't know what they are doing. The media must be set straight, and we must use FACT ATTACKS to do this thing correctly. We must get a side-by-side Repbulican-ness analysis, then shove it in the medias face, and finally threaten to SUE THEM if they ignore it. Furthermore, we must actually sue them at least one time when they report bad facts and claim that Dr. Paul "is not a Republican".

The law protects us from libel and slander, and we should use this to our advantage. If media states that "Dr. Paul is not a Republican" that is provably wrong in court. The harm from making that statement can also be proven. I don't understand why a campaign with 5 million in the bank would let them get away with it.

Agreed - except that TheCourts have famously decided that TheMedia is NOT required to abide by the truth (FOX case). That leaves the even more effective alternatives; letting them know "we know", and exposing their methotoligy to light, thus gradually blunting their effectiveness.

speciallyblend
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
No need for the media to drive a wedge.THE GOP is doing a fine job of driving the wedge themselves as they pretty much guarantee a loss by the GOP in the general election ,Great Job GOP your doing a fine job of throwing the next election,keep up the great work sigh:(

ARealConservative
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM

Same back at you.

Most conservatives readily agree with a liberal media bias. I certainly do.

Maybe you should consider changing your screen name to Walter Duranty?

RTsquared
11-09-2007, 10:30 AM

A lawsuit against the MSM would make for some great headlines. I'm not 100% sure how effective it would be as far as collecting damages or getting apologies, but it would show that the Paul campaign was serious.

Of course, the media will just start saying that "Dr. Paul is not a real Republican" instead, because that's much more nebulous.

Gimme Some Truth
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Quit worrying about the media.

If they make incorrect statements like "isolationist" then correct them. If they mention he was/is a libertarian then what can you do? he was/is a libertarian / conservative

I agree with Bradley really. Stop getting into hysterics at the tiniest little thing. Whilst it is plainly obvious that some outlets/programs intentionally try to marginalize Ron Paul , alot of it is just crap reporting. Since the Nov 5th Iv seen plenty of incorrect statements about the numbers and records. It isnt always some extravagant conspiracy you know(thinking it is and raising the roof at every little thing hurts our credibility tbh) . Alot of the media just suck at their jobs. Its not hard to understand since real journalists are continuously replaced with models and/or PR staffers.

ladyliberty
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I would like to make a handout that puts Reagans platform next to Ron's I know 2nd amendment and smaller government reganomics etc. I know many Republicans really look to the most Regan like candidate. Also takes the age factor away.. Reagan was 70

I THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEA! Republicans loved and respected Ronald Reagan, but after 20 years of the Bush/Clinton/Bush hijacking of our democracy - they have forgotten what the word Republican means!!!

I say we push Ronald Reagan as the greatest President that ever was (I will give the man his dues - he was indeed an awesome president!) and then associate him with Ron Paul every chance we get.

The video of Ronald Reagan's speech from 1965 is a prime example - Ron Paul says the very exact same things. Ron Paul worked in Washington under Ronald Reagan and Reagan had a lot of respect for him and I do believe the feeling was mutual.

Ninja Homer
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM

I used to think that the media was intentionally doing this as well. I have come to the conclusion, especially with all the coverage Ron Paul has received this week, that people in the media are just stupid... or at the least, they aren't journalists. They are actors, or at the most, sensationalists.

The media is just following the same formula they have always been following for presidential elections. Look at the polls, then report on who is at the top of the polls. If somebody is polling high, then a majority of their viewers must like that person, so if they report on that person, then they will get more viewers, right? It makes sense from their perspective.

The problem is, they haven't yet realized that the polls they look at are missing out on a gigantic portion of Ron Paul's demographic. The poll calling lists are from people who voted in the last Republican presidential primaries. It has been brought up on these forums before that only something like 6.5% of registered Republicans voted in the last primaries... most of them pro-war hardcore Bush supporters. I think it's amazing that Ron Paul is polling as high as he is among that demographic. These polls aren't done this way to intentionally leave out Ron Paul, that's just the way they've always been done.

This week, with Ron Paul setting fundraising records, the media was caught off guard. They've given Ron Paul a lot of air time because of it. I think they're starting to realize that their methods for deciding who to cover in this race are flawed. They're starting to realize that Ron Paul's support isn't just some people on the Internet, and it is no longer something to joke about. They're starting to do some actual research on Ron Paul and his support. Things are turning around in the media, and they are starting to see that Ron Paul actually is a front runner.

Suzu
11-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Harsh words.

I'm very surprised you don't see MSM manipulation as a legitimate issue. I'm actually going to make my next video specifically about this now Bradley :D

Are you here to prove your point, or to help get Ron Paul elected?

Suzu
11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Reagan was 70

Talking point: With age comes wisdom. The older the candidate, the better. And RP is in fine condition. He can work circles around men half his age.

syborius
11-09-2007, 11:19 AM

I am not so certain when each outlet parrots the other word for word in their interview tactics with Ron Paul, Bradley DC!

James R
11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Agreed - except that TheCourts have famously decided that TheMedia is NOT required to abide by the truth (FOX case). That leaves the even more effective alternatives; letting them know "we know", and exposing their methotoligy to light, thus gradually blunting their effectiveness.

True, but an actual lawsuit could still have the networks scrambling like cockroaches on their choice to label Ron Paul a non-Republican.

fj45lvr
11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
RON needs to TRUMP the financial message of SPENDING....

this is like a dagger to the HYPOCRITES and the base will respect him for the TRUTH.

Pull the PLUG on BIG gov.

Lord Xar
11-09-2007, 11:42 AM
In all the interviews I have seen, Ron Paul has always said "I am a Republican with libertarian leanings.." They just don't get it.

I DO BELIEVE RON PAUL ONCE AND FOR ALL SAY "I AM A REPUBLICAN. THATS IT! END OF STORY"

HarryTuttle
11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I'd say, pick your battles. If you want NO media coverage whatsoever, then suing is a good idea. I forget who said it, but the quote goes something like "I don't care if they say bad things about me, as long as they are TALKING about me"...seems apropos. Many people have not heard Ron Paul's name...ever. Even if the media is painting a negative picture of him, next time someone sees or hears his name they will be curious and at least pay attention: in a debate, in a political add, whatever, just to see what the hullabaloo is about. Use psychology to our advantage.

PennCustom4RP
11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
In all the interviews I have seen, Ron Paul has always said "I am a Republican with libertarian leanings.." They just don't get it.

I DO BELIEVE RON PAUL ONCE AND FOR ALL SAY "I AM A REPUBLICAN. THATS IT! END OF STORY"

To sum up:

'I am a Republican (because this is the party I associate with, and have been elected to office as, because otherwise I would never have been allowed to participate in any debates or run for office) with Libertarian leanings'
They do get it.

I DO BELIEVE RON PAUL ONCE AND FOR ALL SAY " I AM A REPUBLICAN(my voter registration says so). THATS IT! END OF STORY"

Call it anti-neocon, call it true conservative Republican, whatever. I don't feel the Libertarian tag hurts RP in any way, it only separates him from the neocon posers polluting the GOP base, and informs the American people of what the party used to be and should be.
The MSM could be doing him a service with the Libertarian tag.

DjLoTi
11-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Dr. Paul IS a libertarian.

Ok.. so is he a libertarian or a republican? Because everyone calls him a libertarian on the media, however he's been a Republican for 10 terms in congress and is now running as a republican for president.

Does he just run as a republican so he actually has a chance to win, or is he actually a republican? Am I missing something here?

American
11-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Someone needs to blog a point blank piece about this and we need to digg it and repost it without mercy. Drive up google rankings etc....

LinearChaos
11-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I am republican in Name alone. Personally, my stomach has hurt ever since I changed parties. The primary can't come soon enough for me.I don't think you're alone in this regard :)

Hang tough ;) chin up, tiger :D

Goldwater Conservative
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I too am a Ron Paul Republican, although if his candidacy fails I will leave the party until another Ron Paul runs in a GOP primary. I only care about ideas, not parties.

And the media needs to learn that Ron Paul is a traditional conservative. If that's what a libertarian (media: note the small "l"... do you any of you actually make it through journalism school?) is now, so be it. If being a member of another party in the past makes you not a member of the one you currently belong to, then I guess Reagan and Giuliani aren't really Republicans, since they both used to be Democrats.

Richandler
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Well I think one way Ron can help us is by going on the attack. He doesn't mentioned names every. It's wonderful that he doesn't, but when you listen to him he just says "people in Washington" rather than Bush or Clinton. A lot of people are bad at holding concepts down which is what Ron mostly talks about; the concept of the constitution. Gosh his is so complicated with Ron being so nice.

Nash
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Ok.. so is he a libertarian or a republican? Because everyone calls him a libertarian on the media, however he's been a Republican for 10 terms in congress and is now running as a republican for president.

Does he just run as a republican so he actually has a chance to win, or is he actually a republican? Am I missing something here?

Yes. He's a libertarian running as a Republican. The party leadership has always hated him. When he ran for re-election in 1996 Gingrich, Bush and the NRA all endorsed his opponent in the Republican Primaries. His opponent was a former Democrat who had just switched parties.

That being said he's not being inaccurate when he claims the Reagan mantle or that he's a "true Republican". The Libertarian party didn't exist until the early 70's because they didn't need to. They were all in the Republican party and supported candidates like Taft, Barry Goldwater and Reagan. Nixon was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Prior to the Nixon administration and rise of Rockefeller Republicans candidates pushing positions that Ron Paul advocates were all over the place in the GOP. Today we see the opposite.

American
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I dont see what the big deal is the GOP base was decemated last year. The "base" is so small I honestly think the "base" is nothing more then a few media pundits.

The "base" they refer to boils down to "do you believe in the war or dont you?" anything beyond that is useless. If they want to be pro-war it will be at there own peril. I wouldnt get caught up in the BS. ANyone with critcal thinking can figure out if RP doesnt get the GOP nod it will be a choice of which democrat to vote for - Ghouliani or Hitlery.

American
11-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes. He's a libertarian running as a Republican. The party leadership has always hated him. When he ran for re-election in 1996 Gingrich, Bush and the NRA all endorsed his opponent in the Republican Primaries. His opponent was a former Democrat who had just switched parties.

That being said he's not being inaccurate when he claims the Reagan mantle or that he's a "true Republican". The Libertarian party didn't exist until the early 70's because they didn't need to. They were all in the Republican party and supported candidates like Taft, Barry Goldwater and Reagan. Nixon was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Prior to the Nixon administration and rise of Rockefeller Republicans candidates pushing positions that Ron Paul advocates were all over the place in the GOP. Today we see the opposite.

I must strongly disagree with you. He is a Republican who once ran a libertarian for that year. Ron Paul has been elected to congress 10 freaking times as a REPUBLICAN!!!!

What part is hazy for you, and which Liberal rag do you write for?

chandlerLBT
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I must strongly disagree with you. He is a Republican who once ran a libertarian for that year. Ron Paul has been elected to congress 10 freaking times as a REPUBLICAN!!!!

uh. that guy was right. ron paul is a libertarian Republican. learn the difference between capitalized and non capitalized libertarians.

aroberso
11-09-2007, 05:13 PM
No need for the media to drive a wedge.THE GOP is doing a fine job of driving the wedge themselves as they pretty much guarantee a loss by the GOP in the general election ,Great Job GOP your doing a fine job of throwing the next election,keep up the great work sigh:(

I think the GOP inner circle may rather have a Democrat than Ron Paul, not that they've asked themselves that question...

Bluedevil
11-09-2007, 05:14 PM
He should just stress that he is part of the "old right" I think most Republicans, especially older ones would appreciate that

Nash
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM

What is this the Red State Forums?

He's been elected as a Republican but it's pretty obvious his policy positions are very different than that of the Neocon Republican establishment. You're well aware of this so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

The good news is the Republican establishment is also out of step with a large portion of their voting base and Ron Paul knows this and also isn't shy about it in the debates.

But sure forget the history of the party. It isn't terribly relevant right now. All that is relevant is getting him elected.

lynnf
11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
you may posit that there is no conspiracy. just consider this: most of the media are owned by corporations and they dance to their corporate master's tune. one even admits that they consider themselves the gatekeepers - guess which gate Ron Paul doesn't make it through:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hMVknYzpnc9xD73WDVxbeULBGwwgD8SLBE480

"Tom Curley, CEO of The Associated Press, called on news executives Thursday to "stop pining" for the past and adapt to the new ways that news is being distributed and consumed.

Curley said in a speech that news organizations should quit thinking like gatekeepers of information and reach out to people who are accustomed to receiving news in real time online and customizing the ways they see and read it."

curtisag
11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
The media doesn't believe an anti-war Republican can win the nomination. Their minds are locked into a certain way of thinking, which is a result of them watching politics as usual take place for so many years. They don't understand a revolution is taking place before their eyes, and won't believe it until we win or our poll numbers rise substantially.

work2win
11-09-2007, 07:28 PM
When in doubt, stick to the basics:

Secure Borders

Limited Government

Abolish the IRS

scrosnoe
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
a strategy piece (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25858)that specifically addresses our need to embed quickly and effectively in the Republican party in order to take the nomination!

includes specific suggestions for action also

post and forward and share as you deem appropriate

walt
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM

agree. I get this noise all the time in my signature gathering.