PDA

View Full Version : Media Attention: Tip Hillary's Waitress!

micahnelson
11-09-2007, 08:15 AM
So Apparently Hillary Clinton Maybe stiffed her waitress in an iowa resturant. Perhaps we could mail her a tip (5 Dollars or something?) with a Slim Jim and a copy of the "Tax Free Tips" Act?

The waitress got some media attention and it would probably make local Iowa news if she got enough tips.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/11/clinton-stiffs-.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/6779.html

Her name is Anita Esterday and she works at a Maid-Rite in Marshalltown, Iowa

Apparently she is a Dem, but if we could get to her maybe it would make the news and give us Paullites a good name =)

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 08:16 AM
LOL, I suppose one or two of us could try...

FluffyUnbound
11-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Actually, the owner of the establishment admitted that the Clinton campaign left a tip but that he didn't give the waitress her share.

constituent
11-09-2007, 08:20 AM
typical restaurant owner. that happened to my wife all the time. They'd say, "tips are for the institution, it is up to us how much of that we share."

What a load of s*. If the institution wants tips, they raise prices... simple as that. People leave tips understanding that it is for the service worker who busted their azz to ensure a pleasant dining experience..

but then you get these owners who "Just don't understand [why they're bleeding out the side, it's the paper plate and paying for someone to hand-wash dishes (or whatever other number of frequent dumb-azz mistakes they make) dummy]

i hate the food service industry.

yes, i wonder what hillary's ticket ran? it'd be great to get a couple of hundred people to mail her the 15% standard tip directly.
oh waitress.... where do i ship this envelope? 'cuz i'm not sending it to your unscrupulous employer.

micahnelson
11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
All the more reason to tip her.

Brinck Slattery
11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
This is completely off topic, but does anyone here watch that show Kitchen Nightmares? I think Ron Paul should make Gordon Ramsey head of the FDA or whichever agency deals with standards for restaurants.

micahnelson
11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
This is completely off topic, but does anyone here watch that show Kitchen Nightmares? I think Ron Paul should make Gordon Ramsey head of the FDA or whichever agency deals with standards for restaurants.

I'm thinkin maybe you should read up on Ron Paul's stance on the FDA. Maybe G-Ram could have a private seal of approval or something though...

Brinck Slattery
11-09-2007, 08:38 AM
haha OK, he would run the voluntary, consumer-organized, private accreditation company that acts like the FDA. You know what I meant.:D

micahnelson
11-09-2007, 08:41 AM
haha OK, he would run the voluntary, consumer-organized, private accreditation company that acts like the FDA. You know what I meant.:D

I know I know.... being brought up in this government run world, I slip into it too. "There outta be a law" "That guy is a traitor" Why we always gotta go tell mommy?

Gordon Ramsey for head of the VCOPACTALTFDA (Voluntary, Consumer Organized, Private Acceditation Company that Acts like the FDA)

kylejack
11-09-2007, 08:44 AM
You DONKEY!

I like Hell's Kitchen even better.

Dan Klaus
11-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I like creative ideas like this one...LOL...good thinking....

Brinck Slattery
11-09-2007, 08:50 AM
kylejack, Hell's Kitchen ROCKS. Especially the 2nd season with that dude Giacomo. So much hi-larious abuse was heaped upon him.

I can just imagine Ramsey doing press conferences about E. Coli spinach -

"It's RANCID!!!! Does someone need to die? Well, consumers, this is the best day of your lives, because you won't be eating this crap anymore."