PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] 'IMAGINE' RevolutionPAC Ad *NEEDS* to be put on national television!

Sentient Void
01-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I know most of us here have already seen it (of course) but I wanted to repost it and make some observations and brainstorm ideas on the best ways / venues to get this on *national* television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfuS6gfxPY

Is this *NOT* the best and most effective Presidential Ad ever made?

I love how they did everything about this. 'IMAGINE' how this ad if played nationally could change so many peoples' minds across the political spectrum?

It's especially good IMO that they do that because so many people have a preconceived 'Off switch' (I blame the media and others for attempting to marginalize him as 'crazy' or 'kooky' and not worth paying attention to and only 'crazy people listen to Ron Paul', etc) it seems when they hear Ron Paul's name or voice. That regardless of the message, words, logic, etc - that it won't matter - like some kind of emotional response.

This way, it starts off as a different, forceful voice in the beginning - and the way the voiceover is done commands attention. Then it fades into Ron Paul's voice near the end and while that 'switch' hasn't gone off (like it normally would) to turn the person off from listening, and they probably already heavily agree with the message, it becomes apparent to them who it has been the whole time.

A friend of mine on facebook suggested "It would be *extremely expensive* to get that in a super bowl ad, but it would be worth it.", and I absolutely agree.

It would absolutely be worth it. You *know* it would get played *like crazy* afterwards by networks everywhere with the impact it'd have, not to mention just how other shows/channels go over the super bowl ads for days afterwards.

Also, for just continuing to send this video viral in general - for anybody who likes Ron Paul on domestic issues but highly dislikes his foreign policy views or is undecided on him because of his views on FP - this is really, easily, by far the best way to try to convince them to change their minds (if this won't work, then nothing will, IMO).

Don't say who it's in support of, or that it has anything to do with Ron Paul. Just give them the link and say something like "Holy Shit!" (h/t Kevin Tracy for that one!) to keep it vague and get them to watch it (since it is headlined 'Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!').

Thoughts on all of this???

bluesc
01-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Save anything like this for the general election and play it in blue states.

Sentient Void
01-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Save anything like this for the general election and play it in blue states.

Absolutely agreed, if Ron Paul gets the nomination. But I think it needs to be shown during the republican primaries even moreso, since we have to get the nomination first - and its the republican voters that I think we have the greatest opportunity with to win over what with their general agreement with RP over domestic economic policy but disagreement with him on foreign policy.

Feeding the Abscess
01-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Republican apologists here love to whine and complain about this ad offending GOP basers.

Know what I say?

Good. And the ad should go even further, posting images of blown up women and children. Those bloodthirsty losers have damaged our country enough. They need to see their BS directly in the mirror, right in their face, with zero filter.

This is what you support. This is what you propose. This is what you believe. Eat it.

RonRules
01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Should play well in Texas!

Sentient Void
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Republican apologists here love to whine and complain about this ad offending GOP basers.

Know what I say?

Good. And the ad should go even further, posting images of blown up women and children. Those bloodthirsty losers have damaged our country enough. They need to see their BS directly in the mirror, right in their face, with zero filter.

This is what you support. This is what you propose. This is what you believe. Eat it.

Yeah, I absolutely believe it offends some of them. Why? Because it holds a mirror up to them to show how absolutely ugly their position really is to continue to support these wars.

But I also believe it might actually shock a good amount of them into the reality of what they're advocating.

+rep