PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum "I want to go to war with China"

bronxboy10
01-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Bloomberg Debate (10/11/2011)

ROSE: Senator Santorum, we talked about jobs in Pennsylvania. A competitive agenda of yours would be what?
SANTORUM: Well, I already put forward a plan.
You know, Mitt, I don't want to go to a trade war, I want to beat China. I want to go to war with China and make America the most attractive place in the world to do business. And we need to do that with the agenda that I outlined, which, unlike Herman's plan, which could not pass, because no -- how many people here are for a sales tax in New Hampshire? Raise your hand.
There you go, Herman. That's how many votes you'll get in New Hampshire.
We're not going to give the federal government, Nancy Pelosi, a new pipeline, a 9 percent sales tax for consumers to get hammered by the federal government.
How many people believe that we'll keep the income tax at 9 percent? Anybody?
There. That's why people won't trust giving people --
(CROSSTALK)
ROSE: So if you keep mentioning "999" and Herman Cain, I'm going to have to go back to him every other question.
(APPLAUSE)
SANTORUM: Hold on.
CAIN: That's right.
SANTORUM: I am not done yet. I've only been able to answer one question, unlike everybody else here, so let me just finish what I'm saying.
ROSE: Right.

:eek:

Source (http://thepage.time.com/2011/10/11/complete-transcript-of-hanover-economic-debate/)

libertyfanatic
01-01-2012, 03:53 PM
http://exposexpress.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/lol-guy.png

redmod79
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I think he meant an economic war, but it's still pretty bad.

The New Deal Sucked
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I think he meant an economic war, but it's still pretty bad. Yeah in this day an age, economic war can be more devastating than a hot war. I remember hearing this during this particular debate and cracking up laughing when he said it just because how ridiculous it sounded.

bronxboy10
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah economic war is still awful. Sanctions? An embargo? Import taxes maybe? Awful.

bolil
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Growl!